• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rogue Roller

SqueeGee

For us, it's a way to you use less skilled labor but still achieve top quality results - all in less time and with less fatigue.

LarryB

I have a Highway Handyman laminator and love it. I can lay a 4'x8' in a couple of minutes. Speeds up production. Costs around $2000 and well worth it. Search YouTube for a video I made using it.

Salmoneye

You can mount with a BS in the same amount of time. I will admit that a full 4x8 is easier with 2 people but anything even a little narrower than 4' must be the same. We are never mounting more than 7 or 8 boards at a time, if I were doing more I think I would be looking at printing direct to substrate.

jkdbjj

Funny things is before I got to the price page, I was thinking, yeah I'd pay a grand for this, maybe 2.

$11,999.00 ????? :doh:

SqueeGee

I have a Highway Handyman laminator and love it. I can lay a 4'x8' in a couple of minutes. Speeds up production. Costs around $2000 and well worth it. Search YouTube for a video I made using it.

You'll notice some familiar parts in my photo. :smile:

jono91

$3k for the bench, casters, linear bearings, rails - all ready to assemble(cut, tapped, etc.) with shipping.

Laminator parts not included in that price.

Our production area is on the 2nd floor so I wanted to be able to assemble it.

It has a 5' x 12' work surface and the rails extend 2' from each side. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

This looks awesome! What is the reason for extending the rails from the work area?

jasonx

Thanks. I'm going to hang rolls of sheeting between them. That way, we can just pull out what we need, as we need it.

Use a shaft on ball bearings so if you ever have longer substrates you can slide them on the table a bit easier.

SqueeGee

Getting this thing to roll true and flat is a lot harder than I was expecting. I'm hoping that we'll have it operational tomorrow.

jono91

Getting this thing to roll true and flat is a lot harder than I was expecting. I'm hoping that we'll have it operational tomorrow.

As in torquing the roller left/right as you roll it down the table from one side? I notice with a lot of the other roller tables they have a gantry type design for the roller to sit in.

I'm curious because I am seriously looking at making one of these myself as a project on the side.

Justin

IMO you could build something for like $1000 or less..... Just visit your local home improvement warehouse, and you'll have every cut to fit before you even walk out the door.