• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

should I come back after lunch?

ucmj22

I think I figured out your problem. Check out your Thread about repoing a wrap.

No money in = no money to take home.

Maybe a better business/billing plan should be put into effect.

Dave

that could work, except for the fact that the sign shop is used as a way to shelter proffits from another business, not make them.

cdiesel

Sounds like some illegal/shady chit to me.. I'd be very leary.. just wait until Uncle Sam catches up and you find out your payroll taxes haven't been paid.

genericname

Sounds like some illegal/shady chit to me.. I'd be very leary.. just wait until Uncle Sam catches up and you find out your payroll taxes haven't been paid.

Had that exact thing happen to me once. Found out later that it was the boss' umpteenth business. He just kept rolling on. When one business ultimately failed, he opened up a new one, somehow got off scot free, and nobody was any the wiser.

I'm not even sure my efforts did anything; I had to go through hoops just to snitch on the guy. Can't believe the number of people that get through life screwing others over like that.

cdiesel

It's absolutely crazy. We used a payroll company that went under. Every week they would bill us for our gross wages plus employer's portion of income tax, FICA, Medicare, fees, etc. All bills were paid. Payroll company went out of business (heard the boss literally took off to Mexico.. with payrolls from many, many companies without writing checks to the employees)--we were lucky enough to have switched companies a couple of weeks before. Then one day an IRS agent showed up at our door asking why we hadn't paid our payroll taxes in like two years. Again, lucky for us, we were able to prove that we had paid the taxes to the payroll company so all of us and our employees were in the clear.

I've seen local guys do the same thing--go "bankrupt" with one company, only to open another company with the same equipment, employees, hell I've even seen them use the same location. I hear story after story of vendors that won't deal with company XXX anymore, so they're off to the next vendor. Absolutely crazy.