• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

should I come back after lunch?

Techman

Every one should have an end in for the game in mind. Yes, we have a plan to end it of necessary. If there is no end in mind then we put up with such nonsense.

SignManiac

my guys get paid out of my personal bank account if the money isnt in the business account. they have NEVER received a shorted or late paycheck. period.

your getting f*cked. and if you have a family, they are too. completely unacceptable.

Absolutely, same here!

HulkSmash

my guys get paid out of my personal bank account if the money isnt in the business account. they have NEVER received a shorted or late paycheck. period.

your getting f*cked. and if you have a family, they are too. completely unacceptable.

I agree.

cwb143

Gotta Love sign companies especially the Maw and Paw ones in Oklahoma. They drive hummers and cry cause you want a few buck for your hard work. Someone told me the same thing "have I ever not paid you?" I told him "have you ever been late with the rent? and did it cost you more money? If you don't pay me now I'll charge my late fee as well." He paid me but it was late LOL. I left at lunch one time it felt good and they got worried. but always remember what George Carlin said,"There is no morality in business." So if you want to make a profit start your own business. or farm it out to China.

CentralSigns

Get a new job.

Really figure to leave quickly, get your resume together, have your list of people who will vouch for you ready. Talk to them. If you have to work elsewhere to stablize, do it.

I did that once caught the employer forging my signature on legal documents, submitted to the provincial gov. Had my resume done by 6 pm that day and started sending them out that night. Had a big data base of employers, hooked the cover to the data base, attached the resume automatically and out they went. 300 companies got the resume that night. Shut down the process by 1:30 am had a new job by 7 am. Give them 3 days notice(didn't figure they deserved any more) and was gone on Friday. Started the new job Saturday. Then once I was settled in the new job wrote a not to the regulatory gov agency about the signature discrepancies, as well as labor relations. The employer was paying straight time overtime only. Within 3 months got a fat cheque in the mail. Had a big party.

tcorn1965

ADHOLIO... FROM THE GUY THAT JACKED ADRIAN FOR $50 FOR WHO KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SELF CENTERED BLOWHARD THIS FORUM HAS EVER KNOWN...

have a nice day[/QUOTE

Yeah I called him out once for not paying the $50 when he said he would, hell he may still have not paid Adrian. I must be old...If I give my word...count on it...If you give me yours... I count on it. He posts, I feel, just to up his count...at the rate he is going he will be the top poster in another two years. I do not care if Addie is a broker (Sorry Gino), I do however ignore his posts for the most part; he a person that writes checks his ass cannot cover (Most will know what i am talking about). I have not gone through all the threads since he has joined, if I did I suspect Addie will be in everyone. Additionally, if someone gives him advice...well you already know. Addie I have nothing against you and feel you actually have a place on the Signs 101 forum. Please quit typing because you are bored, all you do is piss off people with your (mostly) no clue responses. I am not a an old school sign maker, or designer...hell I am not artistic in the least. I could not make a dimensional sign or install it, I will never be a wall dog. I am however learning (kinda, what goes in to making) a good sign. IMO my company is a fast food sign company...The business model works for us, I am not proud of what we put out; it does not compare to the work I see on this forum. I am proud to say. I joined this forum a couple of years ago to get help on how to repair these love/hate printers...that I was expected to take on...I do not post advice in which I know nothing about. Addie, I have learned and can run some Rips... Onyx poster shop, Wasatch (any version), Color Burst. I have learned and used the Eye1 and created our own color profiles, I can weed (that is a bitch...and I am proud of it), I can run and fix (for the ,most part) all large format printers that we have in our shop (Vutek 320, Epson 11880, two Epson's 7800's, a T-Jet Jumbo2 that the tech said was a paper weight...it has been running for eight months since I have repaired, kornit DTG 932, Mutoh go Rio, two Mimaki JV33's Gerber ION and the M3000 router, oh yeah the GX 7000 gel sprinter for sublimation, I will save the biggest piece of shit for last, the HP 45500 formally colorspan. 95%> of my success with these printers has came from using the search feature on this forum, common sense, a good merchant member...(Ciber Supply). I have grown to love everything that is involved in making a sign or design, and am impressed often.

I know Addie your going to buy Mike and Dan's books...That makes about as much sense as me buying them...It does not compute, you will never be a designer (no biggie), I will never be either.

Terry

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I hate to join the pig pile on Addie but I just don't see how he could get up-n-down that ladder carrying a couple of filing cabinets.

wayne k
guam usa

Farmboy

Ditto. Times get tight. And I don't do it because it's the law. I've done it because it's the right thing and my guys are great and deserve no less.

ucmj22

So, did you come back after lunch?

Yes, only because I finally got ahold of the owner and they agreed to halt the direct deposit that would go in on Monday (supposedly) and cut me a real check by the end of the day, an since I have USAA Bank, it was deposited with my phone and available immediately.

Rodi

bosses are in their out of the state season. wont see them back for a few more weeks

Seriously, they don't care.

Leave.

Fast.

Why give them your goods when they do not return it with regular pay checks?

Get out.

Don't complain again if you stay, eventually it becomes your problem.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Leave.

Fast.

Why give them your goods when they do not return it with regular pay checks?

Get out.

Don't complain again if you stay, eventually it becomes your problem.

+1 to that.

Pay day's are set days for a reason. Unless you write your own check, pay should be on time. Holding pay for any reason isn't really kosher in the law books. A shop down the road was having pay issues from their book keeper and landed with a large fine for with holding pay.

If you're fine with them being late ... cool, if not ... complain once, report next and during that time look for a new place of work.

genericname

Leave.

Been in this situation myself. Going back for the afternoon was probably wise. Chances are, unless you're in a union, and have a strike mandate, you can be instantly fired for absenteeism, regardless of whether or not they've been paying you. In most areas' labour laws, one doesn't justify the other. Besides, if they're unscrupulous enough to fill their tanks before they pay their employees, they're also unscrupulous enough to use your absenteeism as an excuse to take care of a possible future problem.

Get a plan B. Find other work, and THEN don't show up for these guys.

btropical.com

Putting up with that crap is ridiculous. Someone doesn't pay me on time they better have a damn good reason like the bank burned down or the fed shut the bank down. Other than that I don't care if your wife died on the way to the bank get me my money.

I bet his wife did kick the bucket just so he could get out of paying you , poke her with a stick and see if she is still breathing .If she is alive and Boss has not paid yet take wife out for lunch and poke her with a stick for interest on pay .