• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

should I come back after lunch?

shakey0818

If they haven't paid you on time and have an agreement to pay you weekly or bi-weekly and have not lived up to that i would collect all documents and pay stubs and go to the labor board and go file for unemployment.

Techman

WOW, I think we should start a forum called the "scourging pillar" just to FLOG people.

Flog Him...

Locals Find!

Still yet another admission of guilt in the art of stealing. You actually stole filing cabinets with your bosses personal and business information in them without any approval. You were the employee, you don't dictate how your boss pays. You originally agreed to money or a check. Their not paying you one week doesn't equal out to you stealing from the company. You sir... are a liar and thief all in one. Stealing is not a form of protecting oneself. It is a means of going to jail. Do you do anything on the up & up ??

Okay, sorry for the :thread

Either 1. You're lying that you "Took them as payment"
or 2. You actually did take them, and you think it's ok... <--- that's a problem.

An employer has an obligation to pay an employee when the agreed upon paycheck is due. Failure to plan on there part is no excuse. If the work was performed they are legally obligated to compensate you. PERIOD.

In my case the employer was planning on skipping town without paying me or anyone else. Large cash withdrawls listed in the books (actual accounting books NOT quickbooks) and two one-way airline tickets to Europe for the following week. Pretty much spelled it out for me. I told my employer I was taking the cabinets, I didn't do it in the middle of the night or after they were gone. I gave her a choice. My money or those cabinets.

Gino, from what I know of you which isn't much. I think you would sell your car to make your payroll before you ever stiffed an employee on their paycheck.

shakey0818

No, I took my payment in the form of those filing cabinets. She closed the doors permanently a week later. Well, before I ever opened those drawers. I was going to get screwed. I saw the books I knew what was going down. I protected myself.

So what your saying is that you looked in their books and could tell you were not going to be paid,then stole their stuff.You shouldn't have been in their stuff like that.Thats just a down right scum bag thing to do.I hope i never have an employee like you.

It seems his stories changing as the comments come in.

ProWraps

An employer has an obligation to pay an employee when the agreed upon paycheck is due. Failure to plan on there part is no excuse. If the work was performed they are legally obligated to compensate you. PERIOD.

In my case the employer was planning on skipping town without paying me or anyone else. Large cash withdrawls listed in the books (actual accounting books NOT quickbooks) and two one-way airline tickets to Europe for the following week. Pretty much spelled it out for me. I told my employer I was taking the cabinets, I didn't do it in the middle of the night or after they were gone. I gave her a choice. My money or those cabinets.

Gino, from what I know of you which isn't much. I think you would sell your car to make your payroll before you ever stiffed an employee on their paycheck.

OOHHHHH OOHHHH !!!!! keep going! this is getting good. two one way tickets to europe you say?!?!?! OOH OHH whats next? international espionage? doomsday plot? TELL ME MORE!

signage

If they haven't paid you on time and have an agreement to pay you weekly or bi-weekly and have not lived up to that i would collect all documents and pay stubs and go to the labor board and go file for unemployment.

:goodpost: Now go enjoy your long wekend and once the check comes in do as Shakey said!

HulkSmash

I SERIOUSLY doubt this happened.

royster13

There is legal obligation and then there is ability to pay.....If he is broke and can not pay you, time to buy a Cricut and Workforce 1100 and become self employed.....With mine I make way more than delivering pizza.....lol....

Kottwitz-Graphics

I once worked for a sign company, and the owner started having money problems... couldn't meet payroll...

The first time it happened, I busted my backside first part of the week, because I was planning on taking off that Friday. I got into the shop on Thursday night (about 10:00 pm) after an install several hours away, and got the boss to cut me a check (for something like 50-55 hours...in 4 work days). She asked if I could get it in the morning, but I told her that I was headed to my appartment, grab a shower, and hit the road to my girlfriends house several hours away. I was getting up the next moring, and heading up to Memphis...

She cut the check, and I was off. Next morning, I got up, hit the bank to cash the check, and they told me that there were not enough funds... I calmly asked if I could use the phone...

The boss told me that she knew there were not enough to cover the check, and try back later in the day, she was expecting some checks to come in....

Needless to say, that Monday I started looking for another job. By Friday, I had a job offer, and handed my notice...

omgsideburns

That's a tough spot to be in, both as an employee and an employer...

Not being able to make payroll has got to be humiliating, and most employers would probably do anything they can to get the checks cut, even if it meant using a line of credit.

But yeah, sometimes an employer can just be a douche. We see from time to time, especially when its a place that deals with a lot of cash and hires a lot of young people.

GypsyGraphics

sorry to hear this is still going on ucmj. i don't think your patience will ever serve you well with these folks.

don't ever go back!

send them a certified letter... tell them you'll be taking legal action for your final paycheck if not received by "whatever" date.

Mike F

Sounds like a contractor I used to work for when I did construction. I remember you posting something about this before too, obviously they're not gonna change and magically start paying you on time. I'd look for another job and refuse to go back in till they pay you, then when they do pay you tell them to screw off and don't go back anyway. And if you really do want to stay there, make them pay you a week in advance.

iSign

ADHOLIO... FROM THE GUY THAT JACKED ADRIAN FOR $50 FOR WHO KNOWS HOW MANY WEEKS, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SELF CENTERED BLOWHARD THIS FORUM HAS EVER KNOWN...

have a nice day

petepaz

the company i work for now was doing poorly in the mid to late 90's and thank god the owners sold the company and the new owners turned it around but even when business was bad they had some weeks of not paying themselves but always made sure the employees got their checks on payday

AceHigh

As an employer sometimes it's tough to make payroll, BUT you have to no matter what!! That's the law and there are steep penalties due to the employees if they don'y get paid on time. I would not recommend any of the childish sollutions that I have read above because they can get YOU in more trouble than your employer. Ever heard the term "2 wrongs don't make a right"?
You need to quit complaining about them and take your action. Report them so you can get paid and find another job, end of story. If you choose to stay and work there, PLEASE don't post again in 2 weeks complaining about not getting paid, it would be a waste of everyones time. You have the power to make your own decision, now use it and live with it!!

Rydaddy

OP needs to get a new job. Period. Weekly payroll is the most important cash outlay for me each week. I recall previous threads with the OP having these issues. It sucks, but you NEED to get a new job.

Rodi

Get a new job.

Give them two weeks notice and make money.

You have lasted how long, so you need to have an exit strategy. If you are married talk to your wife, if single, talk to someone who you can confide in. Really figure to leave quickly, get your resume together, have your list of people who will vouch for you ready. Talk to them. If you have to work elsewhere to stablize, do it.

ProWraps

my guys get paid out of my personal bank account if the money isnt in the business account. they have NEVER received a shorted or late paycheck. period.

your getting f*cked. and if you have a family, they are too. completely unacceptable.