• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should you fire this employee?

Mosh

Some social worker thinks I have issues with drinking and an anger management problem. The large amount of firearms in my home was also brought up.

high impact

The employee made his own decision concerning his employment future when he decided to steal equipment and customers.

Forgiveness doesn't equal lack of responsibility and lack of consequences. Forgiveness also does not mandate automatic restoration to position.

Just a few:

Jeremiah 7:9-10 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not; And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

Leviticus 19:13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

Psalms 50:18 When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Exodus 22:1-8 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. If the theft be certainly found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ***, or sheep; he shall restore double. If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution. ...

Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

1 Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Genesis 31:19 And Laban went to shear his sheep: and Rachel had stolen the images that were her father's.

Joshua 7:21 When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.

Judges 17:2 And he said unto his mother, The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from thee, about which thou cursedst, and spakest of also in mine ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. And his mother said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my son.

Genesis 25:27-34: Jacob steals the birthright from Esau.

Leviticus 19:11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

jiarby

WWJWD??

fire him

You just can't trust him right now. When the chips were down he didn't come ask you for help. He stole your equipment and he stole your customers. It is easy to be a good guy when things are going great, but character counts. You have seen his.

WWJWD = What would John Wayne Do? LOL!

speedneeds

If you let him stay, to him you just became a push over.

He can have his way and play the feel sorry for me card at any time and walk free. This is his method of thinking now that he has gotten by with it once.

The employee I had to fire was fired 3 or 4 days before Christmas. Timing may be bad but business is business all year long.

Last edited:

Salmoneye

Dude is a douche bag thief that married a dirt bag druggie child abandoner. Call the police, sue him, hope the kids get into protective custody or move far away with decent family and buy his beautiful property at auction for a discount. Why are we even having this discussion? I am the most charitable guy that I know but this is just nonsense.

btropical.com

my grandmother had a saying ....... the first day you kissed some ass .... the second day you showed your ass ... third day you got the boot <<<<< this might also be a family christmas motto or visiting relative deal

Rooster

Boo Hoo, See ya asshole.

Don't let door hit you in the ass on the way to the cop car out front.

When the going got tough, his first inclination was to screw you. Sob stories are just that, stories. Actions speak louder than words.

I'd be asking some tough questions, like how did you come up with the money to pay the suppliers when you're so f'n broke?

lbumbaca

I know I would want to fire him, but that would not be the Christian thing to do. He needs help. Keep a close eye on him, but he needs help. Follow your heart, it is only money, more can be made. Think of the poor children, lost their mom, now dad is doing anything so they can survive. Take him to church with you, it might do you both good to have someone to talk to, God is always listening.
+1 for mosh You now have a fan mosh lololo Think of his kids money is paper same thing we print on. As crazy as it is we are all human Mosh best post i read all week and iam on here everyday never post but I guess two kids i have four and would do anything for them not to know iam losing my house and mind over money wow one good deed at any cost is well worth it

leo :Canada 2::beer i need a drink now now i know iam going to take my first bashing from all of you but think of his kids leo

Border

He can, and should have, let the big house go up for auction, file for bankruptcy and applied for affordable housing so he could properly take care of his kids.
I'm not a big fan of letting a house go back to the bank just because you over-bought, but in a case like this, you, the adult parent must put your kids best interest first. There are so many programs out there to help people who really need it, if you just take the initiatve. Getting your ass in trouble and risking jail for stealing is NOT the way to take care of your kids, or set an example for them....especially when you know that their other parent is a drug addict and a wreck.
Do his kids a favor and help to teach them that stealing is not acceptable by firing their dad. There are many people out there far worse off than them.

I can get over lots of stupid crap, but when someone takes advantage of my trust in them, especially over and over......bye bye for good.

benjercorp

You first must be in that situation to decide and then give your opinion!! I agree with Pat.
Because nobody but the owner has the decision of helping or give his back to the situation.
Second is the easiest !!!

trik

is he your employee or your friend? doesn't that pretty much sum it up?

Yes it does, and I had to fire my best friend once!! it was by far one of the hardest things I had ever done, but it was for the best, it sobered him up to this day!!!