• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 Business Model

Would you prefer to pay membership dues for a smaller, higher quality forum?

• Yes

Votes: 78 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 192 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezzz! Let's get back on track with this discussion. No more drama please! OR...maybe it's the drama that keeps us all coming back for more?!? Who knows at this point. =)

Jessica

D

DARLAK

i think the original discussion ended when fred concluded that it wouldn't be a good idea to make this an elitest forum, so now we are just having fun slingin mud in yer eye....

back to the original topic, if fred said he was going to have to shut this down for lack of money, i and most here would have sent it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Jezzz! Let's get back on track with this discussion. No more drama please! OR...maybe it's the drama that keeps us all coming back for more?!? Who knows at this point. =)

Jessica

My point exactly. Darlak's continuing posts that have nothing to do with anything pertinent and tend to disrupt the discussion. In addition all the extra reading results in less posts that matter being read and understood. If you were to go back and read every post in this thread you would see a number of replies that clearly indicate they have missed where that particular point was already covered.

FWIW, the impact on me is that I have less time to pay attention to posts than I would otherwise have. Yet some think Darlak's jester approach somehow makes Signs 101 a better place. Every sword has two edges and for every moment wasted is time not available for something worthwhile.

THATgirl

wow Fred. Guess you don't like darlak. Not sure what he did to you, but he doesn't seem so bad to me? I have even seen you quite often posting in the no holds barred section, so yeah that was a good idea. I guess the popular ones are those who constantly chime in to let us all know what they think about this and that and how wine makes them horny and on and on.

too funny. oh well such is life and it is getting sucher and sucher.

D

DARLAK

that's pretty funny fred, seeing that you just continued a post that has nothing pertinent to the discussion.

sometimes the best way to make something go away is to ignore it, but i can see that you like to do that just about as much as i....

S

SignTech

Wow ....... tough week. This whole issue started because an individual who apparently is/was a cabinet maker came into s101 looking for decals to be made.

I enticed the poster to send me his information to see what it was exactly he wanted made. (I was curious).

Why would anyone join signs101 to have vinyl lettering made, unless they were just solely graphic designers without a plotter. But a cabinet maker? That was just odd.

Turns out he replied to us and I nicely sent him to a local sign company.

I truly believe this guy thought he could buy retail at s101 .......... he hasn't been back yet.

I have to agree to the statement that a high percentage of people joining s101 are legit and in the business.

Fred if you could only somehow limit immediate access to every aspect of s101 i.e, lurkers ....... things would be fine.

The only thing not viewable by non members currently are pictures and NHB.

Maybe create a SENSITIVE information forum where we can post TOP SECRET pricing, tricks of the trade, or anything else we would not want (cabinet makers) to see or read.

After all NHB section is private. This can easily be done without changing any MODEL at all.

This way MEMBERS only can view TOP SECRET trade info.

Dunno just trying to help ............. ;)

D

DARLAK

In your first post in this thread you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARLAK
i wouldn't pay...

And now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARLAK
back to the original topic, if fred said he was going to have to shut this down for lack of money, i and most here would have sent it.

I guess this is why DARLAK is amusing.

lets try and pay attention, the first money request was a membership fee designed to limit the forum to a small cozy group - look at fred last line in the first post.

my offering of money was if fred had said he was closing the forum due the the rising costs...

big difference...

P

ProWraps™

ahhhhhhh im still just enjoying not seeing this thread on my forum. its been there several times. always over the issue of money. but just curous..

How much does it cost to be a merchant member? can anyone tell me?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
wow Fred. Guess you don't like darlak. Not sure what he did to you, but he doesn't seem so bad to me? I have even seen you quite often posting in the no holds barred section, so yeah that was a good idea. I guess the popular ones are those who constantly chime in to let us all know what they think about this and that and how wine makes them horny and on and on.

too funny. oh well such is life and it is getting sucher and sucher.

No Cheryl, it has nothing to do with popularity or any of the things that you've posted about in the past regarding other forums or this one. It has everything to do with an individual constantly inserting himself into discussions and demanding attention like an unruly child. He evidently knows little or nothing about the things he asks for or complains about and ends up taking my time without good reason.

I do not dislike him personally because I do not know him personally. I dislike him because of his forum behavior and his apparent need to get on my nerves.

D

DARLAK

good article, and it even has relevance to the topic.

question for you fred, any statistics on this forum as to user involvement over the years, or are we not on speaking terms anymore?

P

ProWraps™

$200-signshop

$350 supplier

yearly prices

good grief. sorry fred, i think that you need to listen to all the people on here that talk about charging what your worth. i thought that would be monthly. when i read yearly, i almost shit.. for your traffic to charge those prices is rediculous. no wonder there are so many "merchant members" that sell worthless stuff on here. for $350/year to get this kind of exposure, they are laughing.

do yourself a favor, charge those prices MONTHLY, make some money, and enjoy what you do. if i was a merchant i would be a FOOL not to pay that price monthly. unless i was selling stupid flame vector creations for $79.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.