• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Southern Meetup!

SignaramaFL

Okay so this was started in another thread and I figured maybe it should get its own... So what do you guys think! Maybe a southern meetup? Or if there isn't too much stir about that (or we just want to be a private little club lol!) how about a FL meetup? Let me know who's interested and if anyone has any ideas!

uhh... can an admin move this to general chit chat... I was in the Mimaki section and wasn't paying attention.... sorry :(

njshorts

heh, this is my first trip to the mimaki forum ;-)

I'm up for it, like I said- may even be able to host. We're just a hair north of Tampa, fairly central to the state.

SignaramaFL

Okay so it looks like a FL meetup! :) Im not sure, I guess when would be good for everyone maybe in a month? say the first of Sept.? and NJ that would be great if you could host! I for one would vote for that!

njshorts

if we have any hope of any vendor support, we might want to push it a bit further back... feel free to get ahold of me: aim: orangeandblueftw | skype: nick.shorts

njshorts

Also, to get a general feel... what's everyone's opinion on days? 1-2-3? I can talk to a few area hotels if needed, and see about a group rate for a day out at busch gardens or similar.

note in advance: if there's a busch gardens day- i'm a huge wuss and will be sitting at the exit of rollercoasters with a beer in hand.

SignaramaFL

I think it would be fun to do a 2 day thing, do one shop day and one busch gardens day... and NJ I'm sure I'd be able to convince you to get on at least one! :)

Sounds Like a Blast.

In my experience most meets go Friday Through Sunday with most ppl arriving Mid Day to Late Friday or Early Saturday Morning..I've been to quite a few where ppl are invited to show up to the shop or wherever Thurs. Evening if there is early arrivals/travelers. But fri-sun..with Saturday being the BIG DAY is pretty norm and ppl heading home Sunday depending on how much time they need to get home..most have business to attend to Monday am.

SignManiac

I might possibly make it over for a day, just depends on how busy we are then. I could fly into Tampa, it's not that far.

petepaz

i think i want to go to the florida meet up instead of the pa meet..sorry nothing personal just looking for a vacation..hahaha