• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tattoos - Who has them?

Sinkers

I have got a back piece, a rather large one on my rather large stomach and 2 half sleeves, won plenty af trophys at tattoo shows around the state.
And I have got a 6 pack for Jill

ndemond

No tattoos here.

Four children and promised them $$$$ if they waited till after college for a tattoo, I figured by then they were smart enough not to get one. All four clean as a whistle, also I said as long as they are on my dollar no piercings other than ears. It worked.

Nancy

Bigdawg

Just Me
Rereading this.. I think its kind of funny the "generational" differences.

I see a good tattoo as art. All four of my kids have tats... and I think they are tasteful and unobtrusive. At some point the three girls and I will each get the same one - we just have to decide what it will be that has true meaning for all of us.

My tats are my story... the rose? Hubby gave that to me as a gift - my first tat. There's a story behind it but it has true meaning for me... This Too Shall Pass is across my shoulder blades... it's the way I live my life. The unicorn I got to remind me that life is fantasy sometimes...

and the last one I ain't giving up.... we'll just say that very very few people have seen it and it has the most meaning of all.

stickermonkey

I have a 2 stage tat on my upper back. I got it when I turned 30. It is a Celtic peice. The Tree of Life and with some added embelishments a couple years after the initial peice was done. All the colours and images represent me as a mother & wife. I plan on getting more. My father passed away in June of 2008 and I've been wanting to get something in his honour, but haven't found something that I feel completely symbolizes the loss to me. I am also going to get a calf peice in the future, and I'd love a half sleeve.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm thinking about getting one, but it's only going to be for directions upon my death. I intend to abuse myself to the very last day and when this wreck goes out... I'll have tattooed across my butt.... 'This Side Down'. I don't want to be facing the wrong way in case I just look dead, but am still breathing r-e-a-l slowly..... so I can ring the bell for the grave-yard shift.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's why I don't have any........ and no one else is brave enough to go back there. Anyway, I don't care, hopefully I'll be close to dead when they're installing this last sign. I'll just make the pounce ahead of time for it.

artsnletters

my next door neighbor, a pro bike builder tatted up kind of guy just added "Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool" on his chest. I told him that will no doubt give the ME something to simultaniously laugh and think about when he's on his table at the end of his life...
Tim

Tim Aucoin

think before you ink

I couldn't agree more. My wife & I took 5 years to decide on two things. 1. What we wanted to get for our 5th anniversary, and 2. Who we would trust to do it.
I got this one (on my forearm) and my wife got flowers and a butterfly around her ankle. We've both always wanted to get a tat, but not just for the sake of getting one... they had to have meaning, and they had to be something that we'd be proud to display for life. We came up with the concepts, and the artist free-handed the final product.

I'm very pleased with mine, and proud of it. Many of you have seen it already. If it means I have a lower IQ than those without... then so be it! It's gotten me through life just fine thus far! :rolleyes: Umm... what's an IQ??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 95

skyhigh

Do you realize how hard it is to take a picture of your own @ss?

try using a "wide angle" lense. :help

:Oops: WHAT I MEAN IS....you can't get the camera far enough away, with your hands behind your back....not that your butt is wide....errrr...ahhh, well you know. :rolleyes: