• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Bad Wrap update

SignBurst PCs

Of course the Illy one looks best on the screen. It is vector and will look sharper on the screen. It isn't a true life comparison. That is why I asked if they were screen capture or printed images.

Given the nature of vector and raster, if you look close enough, even a 300 ppi (or 600ppi, etc) image will seem pixelated, but that doesn't necessarily mean the print will be pixelated. With raster (Photoshop), eventually the pixelation" gets too small to see when printed. When you print a vector image, you aren't printing vector (math based) images. Your vector image is converted into dots of ink (similar to pixels), but the dots are small enough that you don't notice them.

A small amount of pixelization becomes even less important when you consider the scale of the artwork. From 12" away the differences between vector, 75ppi, 150ppi, and 300ppi become almost nil to the naked eye. I have a problem noticing it on anything larger than 1/4" text and if you are printing text that small on a wrap, shame on you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can you stop by our shop Monday ?? I need to collect some money from a client and I can't think of anybody that looks meaner than you.... to go with me.

I'll give ya twenty bucks just to stand there with your arms folded... in short sleeves of course and you don't even hafta say a thing.

Hey, good to see ya back here Serg.:Welcome: back !!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
lol Gino....

Thanks for the quick reply on upgrade costs the other day Sergio... :)

jkdbjj

Hey All,
I am here, I am here to help. Please let me know how I can best be an asset to this forum.

Thank you,

Sergio
How about a test drive of the product? I have never used it, never seen it, and to be honest with so many changes through the years with it, I was turned completely off. Sure you can understand that.

With that said, how hard is it to let prospective customers download whatever is needed to trial it out, give feedback and help you build a real sustainable product.

Look forward to your contributions.

4R Graphics

I would love to give it a test drive also. Perhaps allow one template or something. I have seen it for years in the fellers catalog. We build our own bad wrap type templates from client vehicle photos for all of our jobs but it would be nice to not have to do it.

I really would like to give it a test drive.

Typestries

Hi Sergio....glad to see you here. As a wholesale printer we print a lot of wraps for other shops, but don't do a lot of the design side. You have a very novel concept for sure. But, the past three jobs we have printed for clients on bad wrap templates all had to have fill in patches made, as the lengths were off. If we would have had to do a total reprint, the costs to the client would have been crazy and more than killed any profit on the job for them.

We don't typically question what's sent to us from another shop, but as a general rule, my staff now asks all wholesale clients to verify measurements on jobs that come in on your templates. It's a way of making us look good-there's nothing worse than a client dropping $xx00 on prints, only to have to spend more after they have the vehicle in shop and things don't fit right.

There certainly could have been operator error on our clients part rather than a template issue, so I have no reason to directly question your product. My point is simply that historically, this industry has run into issues, embarrassment with clients, wasted time, and costly fixes when dealing with your templates.

Your concept is quite excellent and very useful, and I'd image that with a bit of tweaking and trust-building you could really be polished and ready for the show.

Sergio DeSoto

Rick-
Great questions. The best answer I can give you is really the only answer, I have not been in control of these templates since 2007. That being said I was how ever part of marketing them so I am not scott free on this question, but now I can assure you that we are doing the best we can to provide a product that won't cause you those issues.

I always recommend checking because you never know if the other shop made adjustments to the template or some other mishap. Just as a rule.

There has been a ton of tweaking, going back through old ( poorly done ) templates as well as a new method for production on the current templates. We have been scrutinized pretty hard and so far have faired well.

We most certainly will be at ISA, I hope to be able to say hi.
Let me know if I can help you in any other way.
Sergio

Sergio DeSoto

How about a test drive of the product? I have never used it, never seen it, and to be honest with so many changes through the years with it, I was turned completely off. Sure you can understand that.

With that said, how hard is it to let prospective customers download whatever is needed to trial it out, give feedback and help you build a real sustainable product.

Look forward to your contributions.

Here is a Lambo, Take it for a spin!

https://fileshare.thebadwrap.com/h-s/20120126/2d74ffc946534d63

Sergio DeSoto

Can you stop by our shop Monday ?? I need to collect some money from a client and I can't think of anybody that looks meaner than you.... to go with me.

I'll give ya twenty bucks just to stand there with your arms folded... in short sleeves of course and you don't even hafta say a thing.

Hey, good to see ya back here Serg.:Welcome: back !!

By the way Gino I have also been lifting weights and eating Wheaties, when should I plan the trip :)

Serg

HulkSmash

Rick-
Great questions. The best answer I can give you is really the only answer, I have not been in control of these templates since 2007.

Back in 07 they were just as bad. We had one of the first copies. Have you thought about making them in eps format? IMO illustrator is the optimal design program for wraps.

jkdbjj

Back in 07 they were just as bad. We had one of the first copies. Have you thought about making them in eps format? IMO illustrator is the optimal design program for wraps.
Hey Colorado, after looking at his sample Lambo, it would appear you can simply export the mask and path into illustrator and use it there if you wanted. Are you familiar with PS enough to do that?

4R Graphics

Sergio,
What booth number are you going to be at or will you be in someone elses booth.
Love to stop by and say high at the show.

RobbyMac

I personally prefer vector... There are situations where photoshop/raster is required, but file maintenance/sizes on vector files is much more manageable where there isn't a need for raster.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I want to hear both sides of this.
I took at the Lambo template & it seems too big at (14,500px x 4,700px) to be used just as a guide that will not seen/used in the final print file.

wayne k
guam usa