• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Man Cave project

bloobird0

Hello, about the: brick wall pattern. Is it a seamless pattern you bought. If so, please tell me where, I always struggle to find nice seamless patterns in general.

Regards

SignManiac

I had to build it from scratch. Started with a section of brick and then multiplied and blended in all the panels. Pretty hard to tell where the seams are.

SignManiac

A couple of updates. I'm running 6" stove pipe around the perimeter of the exposed wall to give it a more industrial look. I custom designed the brackets that support the pipe. It was left over black pvc scraps I was able to use up. The current white ceiling panels I will print with faux copper tin panels. Here's the tentative plan for the exterior bathroom wall. The last photo shows the bathroom as it is now. I plan to carry the wall all the way up to the ceiling. I might do a combination of phototex wall print along with cut out dimensional gears and what not.

edited. Found this shot with the trim boards done along with a pic of the five new bronze chairs I bought...

Maybe a couple of years and I'll have it finished. This is my weekend project and some times I'm too tired to push myself. I have a lot of stuff flying around in my head :Big Laugh

Attachments

• Stovepipe.jpg
    Stovepipe.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 103
  • copper tin small.jpg
    copper tin small.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Bathroom.jpg
    Bathroom.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 82
  • bathroom before.jpg
    bathroom before.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 115
  • baseboard.jpg
    baseboard.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 105
  • chairs.jpg
    chairs.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 116

SignManiac

At home in the back where my old shop used to occupy. I had a lot of space that needed something in it :)

Here's what I had in there before.

Attachments

• Old space.jpg
    Old space.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 99

John L

MUCH better use of that space!!!! That "before" picture looked too much like real work. ...Very well done. How is that area air conditioned for the steamy FL summers?

SignManiac

John I have a seven ton central heat/air for the entire 2k s.f. When I go out there to use it, it takes about ten minutes to cool the entire space down to a chilly 76 degrees!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Very nice. There has to be a way you can use the duct work as a beer delivery system. And that water fountain outside of the bathroom. That needs to be a seasonal brew dispenser.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Awesome ideas !! Love the rodents on the wall....my wife sadly will not allow me to do our man-cave in anything wild. Thought about Daytona Speedway front stretch with cars running thru it...hehehehe.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Awesome ideas !! Love the rodents on the wall....my wife sadly will not allow me to do our man-cave in anything wild. Thought about Daytona Speedway front stretch with cars running thru it...hehehehe.

...found the problem... :)

SignManiac

Mose, already have images in my head for the water fountain! Won't be beer though. The fridge is in the other lounge area where the couches and tv area will be! So much to do, so impatient I am...

JBusch260

I love seeing your progress on this project. It's inspiring me to get moving on decorating some rooms in the house I just bought... after re-doing the yard, exterior, and everything else that needs redone, of course. :omg:

Keep up the great work! Thanks for the share/updates!

SignManiac

Well for me the hardest part was finally deciding on a theme. I didn't want to do the typical Nascar, 50's diner, or sports themes, I've never been into any of that. Once the light bulb went off for the steam punk theme, I knew it was going to be a lot of fun and allow me to go creatively nuts.

Good luck on coming up with an original theme. I'm sure there are many others to choose from, but I'm not socially adept when it comes to mainstream trends! Just make sure it's fun when you do yours.

SignManiac

Minor update

Took advantage of Christmas eve and Christmas day off to finish another project from the man cave list. Old plain, no character french doors to the new steam punkish appropriate ones. The door faces are direct printed on 1/8" pvc and the door jam header and legs are phototex wraps. Only another forty projects to go!

Attachments

• French doors before.jpg
    French doors before.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 90
  • French Doors.jpg
    French Doors.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 101

AceSignsOnline

Great stuff! I'm not gonna lie... I'm just a tad bit envious. Your man cave exudes a certain amount of badassery that is more than enough to make me a little jealous.

SignManiac

Thanks Ace and Studio. The doors had glass panels so I direct printed the faux doors on 1/8" pvc with our flatbed printer and glued them to the framework of the old doors. It wouldn't have worked just printing over the glass framework.

SignManiac

Squeezed in one more project before the end of the year. I was given a wireless speaker for a gift from a friend and this was a good place to put it. So I wanted to dress up the opening a little. I had a sheet of black on black polymetal from a couple of years ago and this was a good use for it. I created a geometric pattern and modified it to work around the speaker. It looks very unique I guess you could say.

The first photo shows the rough opening to the left of the cue sticks on the wall, the second one with the window framed in, and the third one finished.

Attachments

• Pass Thru Window-00.jpg
    Pass Thru Window-00.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Pass Thru Window-01.jpg
    Pass Thru Window-01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Pass Thru Window-02.jpg
    Pass Thru Window-02.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 113