• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Vaccine - you going to take it or no?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think I'd be grateful for common sense and wits for normal everyday hygiene. This idea of washing hands and blowing your nose or not sneezing in other peoples' faces goes back a long long ways. Most people expect a magic pill to stop this or that. How many people do you know have some sorta ailment, they take a pill and then say a few minutes later..... when is this pill gonna kick in ?? In some cases things took years to build up and they expect it to go away after an hour of self medication.

Ya know, the only disease we think we completely got rid of is 'smallpox' and it just reared it's ugly head a few years ago. Guess we didn't do it 100%. We've managed to control most sickness and harmful things, but the biggies are still out there and we just keep adding more. Wanna run around scared all the time....... do any of you feel like wearing a tin foil hat, too ??

edit: very well said, wild. :thumb:
So Gino, when you pee in a public restroom do you do your thing and walk out, just touching your doodle, or go ahead and turn on the sink to wash your hands and touch everyone else's?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So Gino, when you pee in a public restroom do you do your thing and walk out, just touching your doodle, or go ahead and turn on the sink to wash your hands and touch everyone else's?

Since you're so nosey about my pee-pee....... the places I go almost always have a sink which turns on automatically and the same with the drying machines. The doors most times are just turning a corner once or twice, thus eliminating the actual door. Besides, my doodle is already clean, due to my cleaniness, thus eliminating the need to wash afterwards, if those modern conveniences aren't in place.

Val47

Slow news day, figured we'd need something to post about.
We have access to the vaccine now. Healthcare workers and oldsters first. I fit into one of these categories so I'm wondering what the consensus is. I normally get all my medical info from sign people (as does everyone).

I passed one of the shot locations set up at a high school on my way to work. The line in was bumper to bumper extending all the way into another village (considered a long line in Guam units). Not planning on making a day of it so I'll wait at least until the lines thin out or I see that people are not being turned into the walking dead.
Bump

I've not been answering this question to myself because I thought it would be a long, long time before I would be eligible. Answer to the OP title, yes, I will. But I'm not going to wait in for hours literally, standing in line to get one.

I recently learned that I will be eligible March 22. Have not yet checked into scheduling opportunities. but yah. it's real now. I will get one. why not. IF it's a reasonable process. Not waiting hours in line. I hope.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It is opening up here too. My wife will be able to get one soon, so we will get it together. Save on transportation costs.....

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Fred Weiss said:
Had my second shot a week ago. Hoping demand stays high so I can go out to eat soon in a sit down restaurant.

No kidding. I lucked out and got my first shot of the Pfizer/Bio-N-Tech vaccine last Friday (March 5) at a local Walgreens.

Oklahoma had been stuck in Phase 2 of the vaccine roll-out. Turnout the past couple or so weeks was very slow. And that's even with some of the pop-up vaccine clinics operating on limited banker's hours. On Feb 27 one of my co-workers took her mother to a clinic the health dept was running at a former Dillard's store in our dying 70's era mall. Lots of staff were sitting around with hardly anyone to vaccinate. She called me about it, saying if I went down there I might be able to get a shot. By the time I got there the clinic was closed. At lunchtime on a Saturday. I was not happy. Later the following week I heard they cancelled the Saturday clinic for March 6. That got me angry.

Obviously the state needed to open eligibility to far more people. Instead they were coddling the 65 and older crowd and various other groups so they can get vaccinated whenever they feel like some day getting around it, just whenever it is convenient. It should have been obvious to the health department and other agencies that there is a bunch of people in those eligible groups who have no intention of getting vaccinated. There is a lot of stupid bull$#!+ floating around online about the vaccines. So many of us Americans are gullible enough to believe that nonsense. If some older guy wants to drag his feet on deciding about a vaccine then fine. Wait. But don't allow that to hold up everyone else.

Someone in my neighborhood group on the Nextdoor social media web site posted on March 5 that a local Walgreens was taking walk-ins. No appointment, no restrictions, just roll up your sleeve. They had the Pfizer/Bio-N-Tech vaccine. Once you thaw out a package of those vaccines you have to use them up that day. With the 65+ group farting around, procrastinating, that created an opening for others to get immunized. I took off work early to check it out and got my first shot. I told several of my friends about it and they got their first shots over last weekend.

This week Oklahoma finally shifted to Phase 3 on vaccine eligibility. Anyone working in an essential business can book an appointment. I laughed when I got an email from the health department on Tuesday saying I could now book an appointment. That's about 2-3 weeks overdue IMHO.

Some of my friends and co-workers don't want to get vaccinated. Yet they're tired of the restrictions brought on by the pandemic and want them lifted. It's a contradictory stance. If you want the mitigation steps lifted, not have to wear a face mask, have businesses operate at normal capacity and normal business hours then get the ****king vaccine! It's that obvious. The sooner everyone gets immunized the sooner we go back to normal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A common question: Can you spread Covid after vaccine?

Vaccinated people could potentially still get COVID-19 and spread it to others. However, the benefits of relaxing some measures such as quarantine requirements and reducing social isolation may outweigh the residual risk of fully vaccinated people becoming ill with COVID-19 or transmitting the virus to others.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Gino said:
A common question: Can you spread Covid after vaccine?

Unfortunately the jury is still out on that one. That's all the more reason to get as many people immunized as soon as possible. Anyone who is vaccinated will at least have their own personal risk to COVID-19 minimized to a very minor and survivable level.

I've already had COVID-19 once last December and I thank God it was a minor case. There are other people I know who have not been so lucky. A few acquaintances have died of COVID-19 complications. One friend has been in the hospital since late February and is still there; he's been on a ventilator much of that time. A close friend of mine has a son in his late 20's who currently badly ill with COVID-19; if he gets any worse he'll be in the hospital.

Even though I supposedly already have some natural immunity due to prior SARS-CoV-2 exposure the growing number of variants out there lit a fire under my @$$ to get vaccinated. The Brazilian variant and South African variant have both re-infected people who experienced the original Chinese strain. As more variants appear odds get better they'll hit previously infected people harder and they'll eventually get around our vaccines. So it's really a race against time to reach herd immunity before the variants evolve enough to drop us right back at square one.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Gino said:
So, your answer is yes.

Why the flippant response? What are you getting at? I tuned out of this thread for quite some time so maybe I missed something. Are you in the anti-vaccine camp looking for excuses not to get immunized? Or is it something else?

BTW, I'm not in a courtroom on a witness stand with some @$$hole lawyer trying to force me to answer in absolutes. I didn't have to respond to this thread at all or even come back to this forum for that matter (it's getting to really suck for all the political $#!+ stinking up the place). If you don't like an answer that is in shades of gray that is your problem. I'll answer questions how I like or I just won't answer them at all. Take it or leave it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's with all the hostility ?? You're the one who brought up jury's are out and whatnot, not me. I listen/read your posts and find good in most of them, but when I find something I feel is dumb or asinine, I' don't go off on a tangent and start calling you names..... or have I ?? Others maybe, but not you.

I'm not in any camp, if you must know. I have my own findings and my own reasons for what I do with just about everything in my life. I have no idea what you might've missed or just didn't comprehend, so why ask me what you. You are quite right about not having to do anything you don't want. That's quite evident, but for some reason, I guess you just got sucked back into the thick of it, as you put it.

Let me just say, your emotional outburst(s), lead me to believe something else is wrong on the ranch. There is no need to defend or even explain yourself to what appears to be me, about your problems on this matter or any other matter for that fact. Politics anywhere these days really $uck, but what are ya gonna do. It is what it is. Politics about sickness is the same deal, but like you said, it $ucks.

Anyway, don't worry about what I like, don't like, answer or don't answer. My stuff doesn't matter and shouldn't, just like most of what anyone says... doesn't matter. It's a sign forum for crying out loud, not a political platform. These off topic discussions are just that...... off topic. Either play or don't, but please don't take it so harshly.

Why the flippant response? What are you getting at? I tuned out of this thread for quite some time so maybe I missed something. Are you in the anti-vaccine camp looking for excuses not to get immunized? Or is it something else?

BTW, I'm not in a courtroom on a witness stand with some @$$hole lawyer trying to force me to answer in absolutes. I didn't have to respond to this thread at all or even come back to this forum for that matter (it's getting to really suck for all the political $#!+ stinking up the place). If you don't like an answer that is in shades of gray that is your problem. I'll answer questions how I like or I just won't answer them at all. Take it or leave it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
What's with all the hostility ??

You don't think the the response "So, your answer is yes" is a little insulting in tone? It came off as if all I needed to do for you is answer yes or no, that anything else I had to say was utterly irrelevant.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What tone can you hear, here ?? Perhaps you don't belong in this thread, if something so silly gets to ya, huh ??

Anyway, I asked a very simple question, but you gave so many convaluted answers, that you were very confusing. I took a 50/50 chance it was yes, based upon the general baggage you talked about. Guess I was wrong.

Insulting............. :roflmao:

WildWestDesigns

I took a 50/50 chance it was yes, based upon the general baggage you talked about. Guess I was wrong.

If something ranks as possible, I treat it as yes. So I would have done the same (although my doing the same thing as you may not be the most comforting thing for you).

Just like it's possible to still get something like the generic flu even after getting the flu shot. Not everyone does, it sucks for those that still do, but it happens.

Too many things here don't make sense to me. Could just be me, I dunno. I have too much hard science in my formal education to be a little leary of something that uses new delivery tech that was rushed. May be fine, I dunno, but considering everything that goes on and it's not like there isn't foodstuffs that's accepted that has been met with approval but causes more issues health wise (Ironically those foodstuffs have causes issues that predispose people to more like then not have a bad reaction to Covid, oh the irony), so yea, I have my questions. I prefer to wait awhile myself. Not an anti vaxxer, but like with my computers and my software, I don't like to be a beta tester when it's not of my own choosing.

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Gino said:
What tone can you hear, here ?? Perhaps you don't belong in this thread, if something so silly gets to ya, huh ??

That makes it pretty clear that you meant your comment as an insult. Throw in a laugh emoji for good measure.

Y'know, you're probably right. I don't belong in this thread. And I probably don't really belong at Signs 101 anymore for that matter.