• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To All of the Signs101 Family

The Sign Dude

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Its sad to hear that he is gone but nice to hear so many people commenting on how kind and generous he was.

iSign

If anyone can handle the phones for Krista for a few days, maybe a couple weeks, please let me know. Expect we can forward calls out to anywhere.

Charlie, will this include taking orders, or notifying callers of a specific time period before they can expect a follow up call, or do you know yet?

MVIP

This is Krista. I don't mean to freak anyone out, but I don't have an account and thought this would be easiest. First, let me say thank you to everyone for all the comments. It really does mean a lot.
They are positive that it was a blood clot that traveled to his lung. He had zero pain and got to see and talk to the kids and myself before he passed. The doctor said that he fought very hard to stay, but there just wasn't anything that they could do.
The viewing is on Friday from 2-4 & 7-9 with the funeral on Saturday at 11am. Everything is at Steven's Mortuary in Altoona, PA. The full obituary will be in the Altoona Mirror tomorrow. In the meantime, they did a beautiful article on him in today's paper. You can see everything at www.altoonamirror.com

Thank you again.
Krista, Simon & Aubree

high impact

WOW I haven't been on the boards in a while due to personal reasons and I was notified that something happened and I should sign in. I am sorry to read about this loss. I never met Matt in person but enjoyed his posts. Dying at 32 years old just shows us how volatile life really is and that we must make every minute of our life here on earth count for something. I have to go but will check in again - please continue to update with information on how we can help.

Just read Krista's prior post. Prayers are with you and your family.

Jillbeans

Krista, Matt PMd me Monday night about artwork we had discussed at the meet.
This seemed very important to him.
I had PMd him back yesterday morning saying I feel bad charging for it, of course there would be no charge.
I can still do it if someone can make it
(it was a practical joke)
but would need to know whether it was more of a linear format or what (for a vehicle I believe) and what type of file.
Not to pester you with something trivial at this traumatic time.
It's just that it seemed important to Matt.
Just let me know if you want me to do it, it is nagging at me.

And if there is anything else you need, kid, just ask. Don't be shy.
You have a huge support team right here.
I know I am not alone in feeling that I have lost a brother.
Love.....Jill

Doyle

I have been reading this thread since it started and don't know what to say. I never met Matt either, but from the comments in this thread, it is clear that he was a great person and will be missed by all. So young, so sad, my condolences go out to his family and friends, I am so sorry to hear this news.

Again, like everyone else has mentioned, I would be honored to help in any way that is needed by his friends or family, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jcuminale

condolences, the obvious outpouring of thoughts and prayers make me realize i have missed out on the opportunity to meet a great man. i extend my thoughts and prayers to those who had.

Letterbox Mike

So so sorry for the loss. I didn't know Matt but interacted with him on some threads here. he sure seemed like a nice guy, never trying to do anything but help. What a shame, so young. )-:

MVIP

Thank you!

If anyone would like to help. I have the people that are going to be helping me coming into the store on Monday and Tuesday. If anybody would like to come in, at this point, any help I can get with training me on what little bit I don't know, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Would anybody be able to design a banner for Matt for fundraisers that a few groups are holding? It would just need to say Something to the effect of In Loving Memory of Matt Vipond "Matty V" 10/28/1976 to 08/25/2009 with a picture of Matt somewhere. The pictures you guys have are great and any one of them would be wonderful. I believe somebody did get a picture of the two of us together, but if not it's ok.

Please let me know. Thank you for absolutely everything!

Krista

S

SignTech

Wow ... this is sad. I hope there is something I can contribute to helping out. SO sorry for your loss. Mike ...

gabagoo

very very sad..... my heart goes out to the family. I did not know this gentleman but from everything I have read he sounded like a gem. A shame. It goes to show you just how fragile life is...