• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, they agree.. checks for everyone

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
IM glad something got worked out. I already sent out an email to my accountant/payroll to see how it affects my employees and such. As an employer, what am I required to do here in NJ as well.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Last night congress agreed to the bill it seems. Have to see what happens now when they plan to vote.

WildWestDesigns

IM glad something got worked out.

The irony is, something was already ironed out earlier bipartisan. Some went on "recess" and then said, nope don't like that and then this happened.

Now, the first bipartisan bill was shot down due to pork that was in there (which I found ironic since one of those people is the same person that said on another bill "Need to pass it to know what's in it"). After this, I have to wonder what is in this new bill, especially since some members of the same party said that "Now is the time to shape things in our image". For a lot of people, this isn't the time to be political, so I have to wonder what happens now when everything comes due.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The irony is, something was already ironed out earlier bipartisan. Some went on "recess" and then said, nope don't like that and then this happened.

Now, the first bipartisan bill was shot down due to pork that was in there (which I found ironic since one of those people is the same person that said on another bill "Need to pass it to know what's in it"). After this, I have to wonder what is in this new bill, especially since some members of the same party said that "Now is the time to shape things in our image". For a lot of people, this isn't the time to be political, so I have to wonder what happens now when everything comes due.

They will trow everything and the kitchen sink in this bill. And we thought the debt level in the country was already high... I'm not complaining, people need $$ right now to get by, but the politicians will take advantage of that.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Giving out free money comes with quite a bit of responsibility and I know there are trust issues that go along with it. There will be abuse..on the high end of the spectrum and low end as well. The hold up was not just the checks being sent out to hardworking people who absolutely need them. That is not the issue here....and Im sure we can all agree on that. My personal opinion is that I dont want my tax dollars going to huge companies...coming out hat in hand...yet the CEOs make more in a year than some of us in our careers. There should be stipulations put on doing that...rules to be applied...a benefit for Americans in general for lending them the money. We are investing the their futures...we need a return on that if we lend them the money. I know of fellow business owners taking their own pay cuts because of this. I am. Why shouldn't big CEOs and their boards? Hell....even if we take out SBA or similar loans, we pay 2% or thereabouts.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Giving out free money comes with quite a bit of responsibility and I know there are trust issues that go along with it. There will be abuse..on the high end of the spectrum and low end as well. The hold up was not just the checks being sent out to hardworking people who absolutely need them. That is not the issue here....and Im sure we can all agree on that. My personal opinion is that I dont want my tax dollars going to huge companies...coming out hat in hand...yet the CEOs make more in a year than some of us in our careers. There should be stipulations put on doing that...rules to be applied...a benefit for Americans in general for lending them the money. We are investing the their futures...we need a return on that if we lend them the money. I know of fellow business owners taking their own pay cuts because of this. I am. Why shouldn't big CEOs and their boards? Hell....even if we take out SBA or similar loans, we pay 2% or thereabouts.

CEOs of a certain talent command a certain salary. If the CEO of an airline makes 20 million a year, he's worth 20 million a year. If you bailout the airline and force the CEO to make 1 million a year, he will jump ship and you will only replace him with a CEO who has the talent to command 1 million. Now, if the airline messed up under his leadership you make a case for that... but the issue is the airlines did nothing wrong. They shouldn't loose a valuable CEO because though no fault of their own had to take a bailout.

Now, there are companies like Boeing... who DID mess up that are going to take a bailout, but the issue of that is they are 1% of GDP and support many many people... got to pick your evil there.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Dont have to cut salary to 1 mil. That would be extreme for them and I get the concept. Salary based on experience....vs salary based on results. Make them commensurate with performance and recovery of the company....either way. Allowing these companies to spend the money as "they" see fit.....gray area. Is it investing in newer technologies, employees down stream or stock buybacks and pocketing the cash? Allowing the money to flow, that benefits everyone from the top down all the way to us. One of my clients does tons of UAL stickers for tugs and flight line equipment. Thats dried up for us and was great work overall.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Public companies should have to sell stock and assets before taking tax payer money. They have this ability where the rest of us dont. Nobody is keeping employees that they dont need and over 500 american airlines pilots have already taken early retirement. Just another $3 trillion to the debt. $1200 isnt going to fo very far. People need mortgage suspensions, car payment suspensions, help with food and help with utilities for the short term. In a month were going to be right back in the same place.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I know in NY State the payment suspensions are already in place. I believe Cuomo already put that into place. NJ is following suit I am sure.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I have very mixed feelings about that $1200 check. Some people are complaining that the government is doling out "free money." I don't for a second believe that it is "free." They're going to keep track of who got what and apply that to each person's future tax liability. Basically this thing isn't much different than getting a new credit card in the mail with a $1200 limit on it.

It's actually a loan...to be paid back by our grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Individuals will be paying back that $1200 directly themselves. As for the big companies getting "bailed out" that really depends on the details of the deal. It could be a big free money giveaway that future generations will be paying off for many years. Then again, if the government is taking equity in these companies they may end up trying to pay it all back to not have the government as a stake holder.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I wish I could refuse it and have it removed from my tax burden... This free money is going to cost everyone far more than the payout. $1200 - Taxes isn't even enough of a stop gap for the average American anymore. They should make this access to money a low cost loan with expedited approval vs a handout.

The next on the agenda is the Student Loan "forgiveness"... My family owes more than $100,000 In Student loans for my wife, I would never want our choice based burden passed on to others just as much as I would never want others choice based burden passed on to us.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It seems very careless to send everyone $1200. For one, it wont even cover 1 mortgage payment for many. The bigger issue is that most people are careless with money. Thats why you see people scrambling after missing 1 paycheck.
Are all those people out partying for spring break or ordering takeout every night really going to use this as intended? There are better ways to help people that cost less and go much farther. To me, this was shutup money to get the give away to the big companies.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I wish I could refuse it and have it removed from my tax burden... This free money is going to cost everyone far more than the payout. $1200 - Taxes isn't even enough of a stop gap for the average American anymore. They should make this access to money a low cost loan with expedited approval vs a handout.

The next on the agenda is the Student Loan "forgiveness"... My family owes more than $100,000 In Student loans for my wife, I would never want our choice based burden passed on to others just as much as I would never want others choice based burden passed on to us.
If they forgive I'd be pissed. We paid 30k off in loans last year.

Jeremiah

I dont want it. That small amount 1000.00 -1200.00 won't help me. There are better ways to help this situation.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow........ some people are just never satisfied. No matter what is decided at any level, it's automatically gonna be wrong. I don't think I've heard a frickin' peep out of any of you EXPERTS about how to handle the virus, the economy, let alone your own lives. You can't run an elevator, but you have ALL the answers to this sh!tty situation. Why don't you give sign making a break, get out and run for office and DO something yourself to help your fellowman ?? You'll be wrong, but at least you can say you tried, instead of all the crying in your cereal.

https://giphy.com/gifs/curtsy-maid-putingtikbalang-jPXP5RtlXsgfK