• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, they agree.. checks for everyone

WildWestDesigns

You call THAT "stalling"? "an improvement, but under review" seems pretty open minded from here.

Ummm...... you do realize that the SENATE bill didn't pass, so there wouldn't be anything for her or anyone else in the House to sign. They've already created their bill and sent it on to the Senate for consideration. Now the Senate debates it, marks it up, makes counter proposals or additions and it goes back to the House for another vote.

You have watched that 40 or 50 year old PBS cartoon about how a law gets made right?

Once I was too old for Sesame Street, I stopped watching PBS.

I am though familiar with how laws get made. While I missed out on the PBS show, having a family member with JD, LLM and CPA after their name helped out in that manner as well.

"..but under review", is this not coming from the same person that is quoted as saying "we have to pass it to know what's in it" on one other very important bill?

Also, I have to wonder why there are other measures being added in there that aren't directly applicable to this issue at hand? I'm not saying that they don't have their place in other discussions, but it seems strange that they are being added into a bill that people are really wanting to get passed? Then you have that one quote from Clyburn about this bill being a great opportunity to restructure things to their vision. That quote gives me a sense of a different main focus.

Why? Now is not the time for this political posturing if helping the American people is your true goal. Why add in all this extra fluff that doesn't need to be there, save it for another time.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Adding things into bills is often times a negotiating tactic. Its not always intended as something that they actually plan on passing. Each side needs items to “sacrifice” in order to get the core of what they want.

ams

You call THAT "stalling"? "an improvement, but under review" seems pretty open minded from here.

Ummm...... you do realize that the SENATE bill didn't pass, so there wouldn't be anything for her or anyone else in the House to sign. They've already created their bill and sent it on to the Senate for consideration. Now the Senate debates it, marks it up, makes counter proposals or additions and it goes back to the House for another vote.

You have watched that 40 or 50 year old PBS cartoon about how a law gets made right?

I am only a bill.....sittin' on capital hill....

WildWestDesigns

Adding things into bills is often times a negotiating tactic. Its not always intended as something that they actually plan on passing. Each side needs items to “sacrifice” in order to get the core of what they want.

I understand that part, the aforementioned family member was a contract lawyer, negotiating was a way of life (always enjoyed Power Negotiating by Roger Dawson).

The thing is, some things do get through that may not have a snow ball's chance.... and when both sides do it, it takes much longer to get things pushed through (all that back and forth to strip things away) and it comes along with other pork that has no place in being pushed through without the proper focused discussion. I suspect other things as well that make not wanting to "waste" this disaster for some, but they are my own speculations.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
The whole process in our government took too long to get going. We are at least a month behind where we should have been...when this lit up overseas, preparations should have been begun then. When this was name a so called "hoax" is when plans should have been put in place to begin dealing with this. Nobody can say this is a hoax or anything else now. Personally I saw it coming and called up 3 of my largest clients about it. Asked them their plans....they didn't have any.
All of us are in it together and it really just sucks for you and yours...my employees, their families and mine. As of today Im pissed about this. Monday thru yesterday...I was kind of numb and just taking it in, trying to learn more and just getting thru the day.
Today, Im going to my boat in the afternoon, touch up my wrap on it to clear my head a bit and get a focus on what I need to do for myself and my crew here. It may not be pretty...but with this bill going thru congress I have a little more hope now.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Might have already been mentioned, but they said on the news that the checks are only for individuals making $75,000 or less or for families making $150,000 or less

TimToad

Once I was too old for Sesame Street, I stopped watching PBS.

I am though familiar with how laws get made. While I missed out on the PBS show, having a family member with JD, LLM and CPA after their name helped out in that manner as well.

"..but under review", is this not coming from the same person that is quoted as saying "we have to pass it to know what's in it" on one other very important bill?

Also, I have to wonder why there are other measures being added in there that aren't directly applicable to this issue at hand? I'm not saying that they don't have their place in other discussions, but it seems strange that they are being added into a bill that people are really wanting to get passed? Then you have that one quote from Clyburn about this bill being a great opportunity to restructure things to their vision. That quote gives me a sense of a different main focus.

Why? Now is not the time for this political posturing if helping the American people is your true goal. Why add in all this extra fluff that doesn't need to be there, save it for another time.

Only pointing out actions you THINK are being taken by Democrats is political posturing. I dont remember much of an outcry when the GOP led Congress stuffed the tax scam bill with all manner of giveaways to the ultra wealthy, individual companies and corporations. Now suddenly folks want line item veto power on legislation that they deem unimportant or unrelated to the emergency.

There was just as much wrangling, horse trading and riders being injected to this bill by GOP leaders as their counterparts.

There is still way too much leniency on oversight of the funds dedicated to corporations, the ultra wealthy and certain industries.

All of this is immaterial if we don't get vital medical supplies to the people needing them and people start taking it seriously enough to flatten the curve. Most of the hotspots are losing healthcare workers to the virus and facilities are being overloaded.

New Orleans is now the highest infection rate hotspot on the planet.

WildWestDesigns

Only pointing out actions you THINK are being taken by Democrats is political posturing. I dont remember much of an outcry when the GOP led Congress stuffed the tax scam bill with all manner of giveaways to the ultra wealthy, individual companies and corporations. Now suddenly folks want line item veto power on legislation that they deem unimportant or unrelated to the emergency.

There was just as much wrangling, horse trading and riders being injected to this bill by GOP leaders as their counterparts.

I agree, I have no love for either side. Absolutely none. I may have more "fear" of one side over the other, but I have no true love for either side.

Nothing that either side is going to do or sign off on is going to be perfect, but lack of focus doesn't help things either.

There is still way too much leniency on oversight of the funds dedicated to corporations, the ultra wealthy and certain industries.

Again, something that affects both sides.

All of this is immaterial if we don't get vital medical supplies to the people needing them and people start taking it seriously enough to flatten the curve. Most of the hotspots are losing healthcare workers to the virus and facilities are being overloaded.

Everything feeds into all of this. Lack of focus doesn't help.

That and the ignorance of some people, especially at this stage in the game. I could understand (I didn't agree with it) it earlier on. Especially due to all of the conflicting statements (and maybe some taken out of context within the media) from the professionals.

I do find it ironic that one of my wife's relatives works at a hospital in one of the smaller towns here. Before it blew up here, she had put in a request to order more masks. Had to end up hounding for those masks and when they came had, the person that had accepted the order, put a significant portion of them in her locker (or maybe it was the entire order) as kinda of a here you go, now shut up. She locked them up and eventually when things blew up, got called into someone's office and was told we need those masks now.

Notarealsignguy

I agree, I have no love for either side. Absolutely none. I may have more "fear" of one side over the other, but I have no true love for either side.

Nothing that either side is going to do or sign off on is going to be perfect, but lack of focus doesn't help things either.

Again, something that affects both sides.

Everything feeds into all of this. Lack of focus doesn't help.

That and the ignorance of some people, especially at this stage in the game. I could understand (I didn't agree with it) it earlier on. Especially due to all of the conflicting statements (and maybe some taken out of context within the media) from the professionals.

I do find it ironic that one of my wife's relatives works at a hospital in one of the smaller towns here. Before it blew up here, she had put in a request to order more masks. Had to end up hounding for those masks and when they came had, the person that had accepted the order, put a significant portion of them in her locker (or maybe it was the entire order) as kinda of a here you go, now shut up. She locked them up and eventually when things blew up, got called into someone's office and was told we need those masks now.
Theyre were writing up nurses for wearing masks when they felt they didnt need them. Now most hospitals have locked up the masks. They are telling nurses you can only have 1 if youre doing a procedure on a potential carrier like intubating. It wont be long before they all walk out.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Does Guam get in on all this or are y'all on your own?
I think we do. We are pretty much in the middle of it now.
Working hard to be #1 in 'per capita in new cases'. Almost at 50 as of today.
DOD helping to plus-up the numbers by bringing in the aircraft carrier that let their crew go ashore in Vietnam. They have around 23 that are now positive still on the ship. 3 or 4 that were flown off the ship initially are at the local Naval hospital that is located about in the center of one of the higher population densities here (our capital). They are behind a guarded fence but it is not exactly isolated.
We are 99% completely shut down. Doing some virus notices and directional signage for the fuel stations.
No crew in but answering the phones and catching up on paperwork & shop cleaning.
The Licencing department is out looking for shops not closed up and is shutting them down - with possible fines & pulling their business licenses: 'a vape shop, a sporting goods store, a video store, a sign shop, and a bar.'
Fun times in paradise

Notarealsignguy

I think we do. We are pretty much in the middle of it now.
Working hard to be #1 in 'per capita in new cases'. Almost at 50 as of today.
DOD helping to plus-up the numbers by bringing in the aircraft carrier that let their crew go ashore in Vietnam. They have around 23 that are now positive still on the ship. 3 or 4 that were flown off the ship initially are at the local Naval hospital that is located about in the center of one of the higher population densities here (our capital). They are behind a guarded fence but it is not exactly isolated.
We are 99% completely shut down. Doing some virus notices and directional signage for the fuel stations.
No crew in but answering the phones and catching up on paperwork & shop cleaning.
The Licencing department is out looking for shops not closed up and is shutting them down - with possible fines & pulling their business licenses: 'a vape shop, a sporting goods store, a video store, a sign shop, and a bar.'
Fun times in paradise
Youre all of those? The sign shop must have come after a long night at the bar