• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, they agree.. checks for everyone

Jburns

I think I will take the check, and spend a good amount on small businesses that had were hit the hardest - and told to close.
restaurants and waiters, barbers - but you only need so many haircuts...

TimToad

Well, I do believe in some jurisdictions in times like these, the "lesser" crimes are not actively pursued as resources get strained with other things as well. Then have to wonder about a pandemic and how that is handled with prison over crowding and spread of the disease. Have to wonder if those guilty of "lesser" crimes may get out early.

After several outbreaks of the virus in prisons in Italy, a few riots have occurred and in one case, a breakout happened and inmates escaped. This thing is as bad as even fictional movies depict and to see people out on beaches, boats, in defiance of the local orders all over the country here is GOING to result in more infections, more severe restrictions and a longer period of time before things get back to normal.

If there is such a thing.

Look what it took in the country of origin to contain and fight this virus. A complete lockdown scenario enforced by military force in an authoritarian type country and they STILL aren't out of the woods yet.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I think I will take the check, and spend a good amount on small businesses that had were hit the hardest - and told to close.
restaurants and waiters, barbers - but you only need so many haircuts...

Funny about the haircuts...but yea, getting to that time for me. Im actually headed to my boat tomorrow afternoon to work on it and get it ready for the season. At least fishing is my xanax. I wish I could spend a little extra at my local tackle shop...Ill at the least buy an awesome sub from my fav deli and give them a bigger tip than normal.

Like someone else said...Im not going to be profitable this month either.

rjssigns

Well I just spent $1065 of the theoretical $1200. Tie rod ends and sleeves, steering links/joints, left side upper/lower ball joints and alignment.

She'll drive like a brand new truck when I get it back tomorrow.
Yes it's a she. We call her the Burly Girl.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's a girl ?? You have I think 57 other genders from which to choose at the moment. Don't hurt the truck's feelings by placing your own values on it.

rjssigns

Are you sure it's a girl ?? You have I think 57 other genders from which to choose at the moment. Don't hurt the truck's feelings by placing your own values on it.

Yup. It's a she. Checked the undercarriage. No "rudder" :D

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Well I just spent $1065 of the theoretical $1200. Tie rod ends and sleeves, steering links/joints, left side upper/lower ball joints and alignment.

She'll drive like a brand new truck when I get it back tomorrow.
Yes it's a she. We call her the Burly Girl.

She's a pain in the ass and makes you spend money when you dont want to!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
3105EC79-3DB9-43E8-A837-CB9B970A8CC4.gif

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I had a dodge like that. We called it D!ckwad the Dodge. Now, we have Freaky Freddie the Ford without any of that stuff, too. Seems more like an 'it' than any gender whatsoever. But I hadda get some MAF cleaner for my personal truck yesterday, cause it's sputtering at idle speeds. Foul mouthed pr!ck. Must be a democrat. :roflmao:

gnemmas

$0 for me. This income-tested thing is killing me.

Household income over $200,000 pay higher taxes, have higher expenses also. Now income stopped, it damaged more! What the f..k..

Notarealsignguy

$0 for me. This income-tested thing is killing me.

Household income over $200,000 pay higher taxes, have higher expenses also. Now income stopped, it damaged more! What the f..k..
I thought it was 150? Either way, if you would have blown all your money on equipment and been eyeball deep in debt over it, you would be getting that check. The savers always get the shaft.

WildWestDesigns

The things we do for the ones we love.:)

She's a keeper regardless. No DPF, DEF, catalyst, or particulate filter. Bought her prior to all that B.S. and glad I did.

Don't forget the O2 sensors on these trucks. They will go bad on "you" on a moment's notice and "you'll" be in "limp mode" til it's fixed.

I did like my 6.0 PSD and even with an EGR valve and cat (nothing else though), it was solid (I made it even more so, especially with regard to the headbolts), just had to change one's habits from when growing up and diesels didn't have those things til now (at least with the 6.0 and that generation). I've always had (and still do) have diesels. My first vehicle that I learned to drive was my grandad's diesel.

Notarealsignguy

Maybe so but what I spent wouldn't cover two payments on a new one ton truck.
Oh haha that was a random pic, not aimed at you. I had an 05 f250 6.0 I ran for 10 years 265k miles. Loved that truck. Have a ram 2500 6.7 now, still miss the old one. Payments suck

rjssigns

Oh haha that was a random pic, not aimed at you. I had an 05 f250 6.0 I ran for 10 years 265k miles. Loved that truck. Have a ram 2500 6.7 now, still miss the old one. Payments suck

No offense taken and I knew you weren't being snarky. I told my mechanic the same thing. Better to put in a few bucks than having a six inch thick payment book.

Sister-in-law retired a few weeks ago. She used to cut new vehicle loans at the credit union. Said new truck loans were going 84 months!:confused:

rjssigns

Don't forget the O2 sensors on these trucks. They will go bad on "you" on a moment's notice and "you'll" be in "limp mode" til it's fixed.

I did like my 6.0 PSD and even with an EGR valve and cat (nothing else though), it was solid (I made it even more so, especially with regard to the headbolts), just had to change one's habits from when growing up and diesels didn't have those things til now (at least with the 6.0 and that generation). I've always had (and still do) have diesels. My first vehicle that I learned to drive was my grandad's diesel.

Mines too old for o2's. In Wisconsin it's eligible for collector plates. She's old just like me.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Im actually headed to my boat tomorrow afternoon to work on it and get it ready for the season. At least fishing is my xanax. I wish I could spend a little extra at my local tackle shop...

My father-in-law has a small fishing lure manufacturing business and has been slammed since this all started. Apparently a lot of people are buying because of the time that they anticipate having.

rjssigns

My father-in-law has a small fishing lure manufacturing business and has been slammed since this all started. Apparently a lot of people are buying because of the time that they anticipate having.

Fox River is slammed with boats. People rarely fished north of the interstate bridge. Now they have too since there's almost no room south where they're hittin'.

Remarked to the wife it would be near impossible to drown. If you fell out of your boat you'd probably land in another.:D