• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, they agree.. checks for everyone

rjssigns

Thats not proper Social Distancing!

On point sir! Next time I'm in that area I'll snap a pic. Absolutely insane amount of boats. Fishing piers at the park are jammed too. Shoulder to shoulder on the main deck. I'd bet a buck or two they'll put the kibosh on that.

WildWestDesigns

Last I read that Pelosi stalling on this latest stimulus package.

Something isn't right here, it's just not. This is what twice now had bipartisan discussion, twice both sides were supposedly in agreement and twice things stalled on.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Something isn't right here, it's just not. This is what twice now had bipartisan discussion, twice both sides were supposedly in agreement and twice things stalled on.
CNN was blaming Bernie

Ok, that's lame. Cant type C N N without it adding fake news

bannertime

CNN Fake News was blaming Bernie

Ok, that's lame. Cant type C N N without it adding fake news

Yeah, even though Rule 4 says Spamming and trolling is not allowed. Admin has taken it upon themselves to automatically edit people's post. Even going so far as to delete a thread asking about it. In fact, this post will likely get deleted. Seems like trolling to me.

ikarasu

I know I'll catch flak for this.:(

When I read the first post this morning... I thought it was everyone is getting checked for covid now instead of people with symptoms, and that was the cost people had to pay out of pocket to get checked....first thought that came to my mind was for the US, that price isn't bad. :D

Glad you guys and your workers will be getting some relief shortly!

Last edited:

TimToad

Don't know where you read that, but she isn't in the Senate. She expressed her dissatisfaction with the four GOP Senators who threatened to hold the bill, but that's all i can find coming from her.

Four GOP Senators threatened to scuttle the bill if the addition of federal unemployment was left in it, claiming that it would create disincentives for people to go back to work. Considering those benefits would end the minute the emergency ends, that's a pretty ridiculous reason to hold up getting workers the help they need in sufficient amounts to reduce the harm. Anybody who has ever collected unemployment knows that state funded unemployment only pays a fraction of your last wage.

As it is, the cash payments are nowhere near sufficient and the safeguards and checks and balances on big business interests is barely sufficient to protect the taxpayer's interests AGAIN. Been down this road a few times now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/ber...XdKTmTCoaCzafu-aacQEIrenk7pt2eLTpDx1k_2xCCb4s

TimToad

$0 for me. This income-tested thing is killing me.

Household income over $200,000 pay higher taxes, have higher expenses also. Now income stopped, it damaged more! What the f..k..

Households over $200,000 are in the top 3.65% of all income earners and the presumption is that most folks doing that well are not living week to week and likely have some savings or reserves in case of an emergency.

That is also the reason why FICA taxes get capped at $117,000 or whatever the current limit is. The added cushion of not paying FICA taxes on any income over that limit allows folks even more ability to save and set aside for an emergency.

TimToad

I know I'll catch flak for this.:(

When I read the first post this morning... I thought it was everyone is getting checked for covid now instead of people with symptoms, and that was the cost people had to pay out of pocket to get checked....first thought that came to my mind was for the US, that price isn't bad. :D

Glad you guys and your workers will be getting some relief shortly!

Actually, the bill is hung up again and even after it passes and is signed, it is expected to take until early May for folks to receive a check.

WildWestDesigns

Don't know where you read that, but she isn't in the Senate. She expressed her dissatisfaction with the four GOP Senators who threatened to hold the bill, but that's all i can find coming from her.

Pelosi is quoted as saying about the bill from earlier today was "an improvement, but under review". I think the House's next season after that quote was very short, before they went out. Not seeing anything on where they passed it in the house otherwise.

I thought the mantra was "have to pass it to know what's in it"?

ams

This free money is a double edged sword, they want $600 a week to go towards unemployment. In my state that is about $330, so people get $930 a week to be unemployed which is $23.25 an hour. California just had 1 million unemployment claims. Everybody can now quit their jobs and make $930 a week to sit at home for 4 months.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This free money is a double edged sword, they want $600 a week to go towards unemployment. In my state that is about $330, so people get $930 a week to be unemployed which is $23.25 an hour. California just had 1 million unemployment claims. Everybody can now quit their jobs and make $930 a week to sit at home for 4 months.

You cant "quit" and be on unemployment

TimToad

Pelosi is quoted as saying about the bill from earlier today was "an improvement, but under review". I think the House's next season after that quote was very short, before they went out. Not seeing anything on where they passed it in the house otherwise.

I thought the mantra was "have to pass it to know what's in it"?

You call THAT "stalling"? "an improvement, but under review" seems pretty open minded from here.

Ummm...... you do realize that the SENATE bill didn't pass, so there wouldn't be anything for her or anyone else in the House to sign. They've already created their bill and sent it on to the Senate for consideration. Now the Senate debates it, marks it up, makes counter proposals or additions and it goes back to the House for another vote.

You have watched that 40 or 50 year old PBS cartoon about how a law gets made right?