• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should I do?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Yah... It's not like you don't know about it. Now. Carry on. Let your daughter know not to pick her nose on the swing. Consider it surveillance, that could be useful. Or they are fake cameras anyway... Just a deterint to potential theives.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Better to overreact, kids are irreplaceable. You will be out of there soon anyway, so even if you make an azz out of yourself no one will care.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
epic-small-cop.gif

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have that same exact ladder.

Ever think a squirrel or bird knocked it out the wrong way ?? I have surveillance cameras around our shop and my home. At the shop, nothing'll move 'em. At the house though, I've hadda re-aim them as animals have knocked them a little silly. And I keep the sound on, so I can listen in. Not once did a person move the cameras. I've had UPS and FedEx people complain about them. I told the one FedEx guy, that's why they're there..... for you fools.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I have that same exact ladder.

Ever think a squirrel or bird knocked it out the wrong way ?? I have surveillance cameras around our shop and my home. At the shop, nothing'll move 'em. At the house though, I've hadda re-aim them as animals have knocked them a little silly. And I keep the sound on, so I can listen in. Not once did a person move the cameras. I've had UPS and FedEx people complain about them. I told the one FedEx guy, that's why they're there..... for you fools.
They look like webcams hung from the inside of the window... not outside

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
But really, that electric mower concerns me...

See!! That's weird. Maybe in California that is normal, but not here. One day he mowed half the yard and it died so he had to charge the batteries. I thought to myself who would put up with such a pain in the ass mower that chokes every 3 seconds and dies halfway though in 110 degree heat. A fucking psycho thats who.

mim

0_o
Yeah I think you should go over and say you're creeped out, but in a polite neighborly way. If a neighbor came to me with that concern I'd be embarrassed and def change what I was doing. Nobody wants to be the neighborhood creep right?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My neighborhood creep just moved away last week. The whole area knew him as Mr A$$hole the Creep. No one liked him or even got along with him. We were the last people for miles that talked to them and that stopped back around 2003 or so. Now, there's a for sale sign out front. Hope the new people aren't creepy.

If someone is being creepy, its very hard to be polite. Why must I always be the one being the good guy ?? It's a two-way street and if he's outright acting crazy, deal with crazy in a safe manner. Keep you gun holstered, but keep your palm on it with the clasp off.

Stacey K

I like making signs
There's no harm in going to introduce yourself. I absolutely would and your next moves are dictated by how the conversation goes. You mention that you have a sign business and hopefully he divulges what he does. Find out where he moved from, etc.

There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation. Maybe he owns an electronic/security store or works at one, or lived in a dangerous part of some city and having cameras is what he had to do to feel safe.

As far as the lawnmower goes, typically people upgrade homes that comes with a bigger yard. Maybe he had a small yard prior and the lawnmower was perfect for that. Maybe after he had to charge the batteries the first thing he did was Google "riding lawn-mowers near me". Or, he could be one of these non-manly men kinda guys who has no clue how to add gas and oil to a real lawnmower so he bought an electric one.

Or, maybe he's a serial killer.

It's important before you go telling everyone he's a serial killer on FB that you find out a few facts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's no harm in going to introduce yourself. I absolutely would and your next moves are dictated by how the conversation goes. You mention that you have a sign business and hopefully he divulges what he does. Find out where he moved from, etc.
There could be a perfectly reasonable explanation. Maybe he owns an electronic/security store or works at one, or lived in a dangerous part of some city and having cameras is what he had to do to feel safe.
As far as the lawnmower goes, typically people upgrade homes that comes with a bigger yard. Maybe he had a small yard prior and the lawnmower was perfect for that. Maybe after he had to charge the batteries the first thing he did was Google "riding lawn-mowers near me". Or, he could be one of these non-manly men kinda guys who has no clue how to add gas and oil to a real lawnmower so he bought an electric one.
Or, maybe he's a serial killer.
It's important before you
go telling everyone he's a serial killer on FB that you find out a few facts.
Not in texas and especially NOT our tex.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
See!! That's weird. Maybe in California that is normal, but not here. One day he mowed half the yard and it died so he had to charge the batteries. I thought to myself who would put up with such a pain in the *** mower that chokes every 3 seconds and dies halfway though in 110 degree heat. A ****ing psycho thats who.
Tex is like, GET A REAL MOWER
Oh5CiBY.gif
!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think my decision is I won't post anything online. If I see him outside, I will talk about it... but for now I will chill out on it.... and be mindful when the girls go out there.

decalman

I agree, there is nothing illegal here... and you're right, he can point 100 of them towards my house. But I think going over there telling him that I don't like a camera pointing directly towards the only tree in my yard, and where pre-pubescent girls swing will let him know that I'm on to him. Like I said, hopefully my new house will be finished next month so this isn't a long term problem. Our neighborhood Facebook group is pretty active and people watch out for each other... lot of information is shared. I'm thinking of posting something of what I'm noticing... laying suspicion that a guy is doing something weird towards little girls is a heavy cloud I'm not afraid to cast.
Ever been examined for paranoia?