• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should I do?

JetPress

I know someone who doesn't interact with her neighbors, has cameras set up everywhere outside and has a gun on her at all times. She is paranoid of weirdo neighbors and is constantly checking her cameras because the squirrels keep setting them off. Maybe this neighbor is paranoid too.

decalman

I live in a nice middle class subdivision out in the suburbs. Very family oriented city we live in. Earlier this year a guy moved into the rent house that is next door to us. He keeps to himself and have never talked to him. I have noticed security cameras and webcams all over his house. There is at least 4 of them facing the sidewalk. They are on the outside of the house and hanging from interior windows. Many more on the back too.. They were not pointed in the direction of my house until yesterday I noticed one of them was turned and pointing toward the tree in my front yard where my daughter and her friends swing. That bothered me. Today I noticed he moved it back to facing the sidewalk...but I think something needs to be done. Now, I am moving in a month so this won't be a long term issue, but I'm kind of bothered. I thought of going over there to tell him not to point cameras where my little girls play. I might bring this to attention on our neighborhood Facebook group... I also thought of open carrying my Ruger and having a chat with him.

What do you think I should do?

View attachment 156424

Attachments

• Scary-Peeping-Tom-Window-Prop-4.jpg
    Scary-Peeping-Tom-Window-Prop-4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 101

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm excited for an update on this! Monday???

It's so funny, the guy is probably completely normal and he's the subject of a "world wide sign-makers investigation" and has NO idea at all LMAO! I wonder how many of US are on some kind of forum for something we do that others might find odd? My picture is probably plastered on some PETA site for hating on barking dogs.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm excited for an update on this! Monday???

It's so funny, the guy is probably completely normal and he's the subject of a "world wide sign-makers investigation" and has NO idea at all LMAO! I wonder how many of US are on some kind of forum for something we do that others might find odd? My picture is probably plastered on some PETA site for hating on barking dogs.
They are ripping JBurton apart on some Tinting forum...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You can hardly walk into a business without there being cameras everywhere and it's been like that for years. They're intended to protect the business. No one gives them a second thought (except maybe those with criminal intent). But people put them in their homes to help protect their families and belongings and it's hard for some people to wrap their heads around.

I think it's because in the last few years the technology has become so much more accessible and affordable to the general public, that we're in the 'adaptation curve' where people are still getting used to seeing cameras looking out from people's houses "toward them". It's similar to when cell phones first came out and all of the "weirdos" that had them would get looks from those that couldn't afford them or viewed them as elitist. Now everyone and their kids have one and you're the weirdo if you don't have one.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This weekend the girls were outside playing and he was standing out in the front yard looking like a meth head... my wife went out there and talked to him and he got a little choked up... but apparently he was waiting for his Tesla to be delivered that he ordered 4 months ago and was excited. (Might explain the electric mower) I told my wife I'd be choked up too if the neighbor girl came out in a bath robe and started talking to me. (It was cold and that was the closest thing to a coat)

Yes, we're moving early next week...then down to South Florida to sweat our ass of for Christmas...going to be a busy week.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
He looks like an average white guy... but he is the only one I ever see over there. Only time I catch him is the rare occasion he's out mowing the yard... with an electric lawn mower. Earlier this year I noticed something on his roof fell off leaving a huge hole in it. I went over a few times and knocked on the door to tell him before it rained but never got an answer.
average white guys are the worst. does he have jeffy dahmer style glasses? google that phenomenon.

ProSignTN

We need more details. Does he drive a plain white work van, or a Subaru? Have you checked his electric meter; is it spinning like crazy, even when he's not home? You are in Texas, it may be an abortion clinic. But since you are in Texas, you could show him your pistol, or just shoot the electric mower.

ProSignTN

Seriously, have you contacted the landlord with your concerns? As far as I know, all states have a sexual offender registry, and offenders are required to report. It's online. We all make signs, or print graphics. We are not law enforcement or lawyers. Find out who he is (don't check his mail, your on camera), maybe you have a cop friend who could help with background. He could also advise you of what Not To Do a lot cheaper than a lawyer. From a legal standpoint the neighbor has not broken any laws, that you know of. You can and should follow your instinct, and pursue more info, but tread lightly. You don't want to end up on the wrong end of a civil suit.

But you are Texas, it might be fun to shoot the mower.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Seriously, have you contacted the landlord with your concerns? As far as I know, all states have a sexual offender registry, and offenders are required to report. It's online. We all make signs, or print graphics. We are not law enforcement or lawyers. Find out who he is (don't check his mail, your on camera), maybe you have a cop friend who could help with background. He could also advise you of what Not To Do a lot cheaper than a lawyer. From a legal standpoint the neighbor has not broken any laws, that you know of. You can and should follow your instinct, and pursue more info, but tread lightly. You don't want to end up on the wrong end of a civil suit.

But you are Texas, it might be fun to shoot the mower.
:readthread:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm moving in a few days...my level of caring is now almost 0...I have more important things to deal with... like how to tell my wife the dishes she bought for the new house are the ugliest things I've ever seen.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I'm moving in a few days...my level of caring is now almost 0...I have more important things to deal with... like how to tell my wife the dishes she bought for the new house are the ugliest things I've ever seen.
why don't you put on your big boy pants, grab a shot gun, and use them as skeet? Don't forget to get a beer while you do it, pretty sure you can get arrested in Texas for shooting guns without consuming alcohol.