• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you REALLY do if you had symptoms of Coronavirus?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"According to the US Surgeon General Jerome Adams the average age of death of the coronavirus is 80-year-olds:"
If true, I have about 15 to 20 years to go before I need to get really worried healthwise over this.
Gino you good??

Stacey K

I like making signs
It hasn't "hit" my town yet, not really even my state (WI). I would only call the doctor if I had symptoms and a real reason to believe I had it. If I tested positive I would still go to work as long as I wasn't bed ridden. Would you post something like this on your door? "I have Coronavirus - don't come in" - not sure anyone would want signs from me LOL

I think everyone should be vigilant about avoiding nursing homes or those that are at risk if they have any cold like symptoms. Can you imagine if your visit to Grandmas nursing home killed half the residents? Yikes... My parents are considered elderly (72) and my Dad has heart issues. They are in Fort Myers and it's Spring break. My mom has been very good about bringing her wipes everywhere she goes and keeping their hands washed. She's a little concerned but it's not holding them back, they are just more careful about hygiene.

WildWestDesigns

It hasn't "hit" my town yet, not really even my state (WI). I would only call the doctor if I had symptoms and a real reason to believe I had it. If I tested positive I would still go to work as long as I wasn't bed ridden.

I think everyone should be vigilant about avoiding nursing homes or those that are at risk if they have any cold like symptoms. Can you imagine if your visit to Grandmas nursing home killed half the residents? Yikes... My parents are considered elderly (72) and my Dad has heart issues.

Well, by still going to work and then perhaps giving it to someone that didn't know or have any reason to suspect they had something and then they went to a nursing home or went to the higher at risk places. Still have those situations. Which that is the same case that we have always had as the typical people that are high at risk are the same demographic from one disease to the next.

Life is exceptionally fragile from the get go, always has been. I'm for sure not saying be irresponsible with how you take care of yourself and to limit spreading of any virus/disease etc, but the dangers that people highlight now, have always been dangers

Would you post something like this on your door? "I have Coronavirus - don't come in"

The only one that would see it in my case would be the occasional delivery truck driver would see it. One of the many perks of already living like a hermit for the most part as it is.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I can't comprehend this fear? It's simple math, if this was such a deadly virus why would a region with 3 billion people living in close proximity and poor medical systems not be more affected. Seriously, there are only 112,000 cases and 4100 deaths and China plus India cases are slowing to a crawl... If it was so dangerous it would be accelerating not slowing?

Johnny Best

Well, its official this month, I am considered elderly by Stacey K because I will be 72.
As far as the virus, you gotta die eventually. I would prefer to go being shot by Marshal Dillon in the street after having sex with Miss Kitty at the Long Branch all night than from a virus made in China

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think most of us who have been wide format printing for any length of time have a built-up immunity to the COVID-19.
I know my respiratory tract is well coated with Mutoh Eco-Ultra. Along with superior scratch resistance, it is quick-drying and almost orderless and offers up to 3 years of fade resistance. With a wide color gamut I can pass wind in both CYMK & SRGB color space.

signage

My question to all of this is are you not contagious be for you actually get it? The germs that got to you did just happen to effect you then leave! news if it bleeds it leads!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well, by still going to work and then perhaps giving it to someone that didn't know or have any reason to suspect they had something and then they went to a nursing home or went to the higher at risk places. Still have those situations. Which that is the same case that we have always had as the typical people that are high at risk are the same demographic from one disease to the next.

Life is exceptionally fragile from the get go, always has been. I'm for sure not saying be irresponsible with how you take care of yourself and to limit spreading of any virus/disease etc, but the dangers that people highlight now, have always been dangers

The only one that would see it in my case would be the occasional delivery truck driver would see it. One of the many perks of already living like a hermit for the most part as it is.
I'm only one person and have no employees but I do have a storefront. If I locked the doors and didn't allow anyone in, I don't see why I couldn't go to work?

signage

yes but you unlocked the door and the next person come and attemps to open the door and touched the door handle you infected, sneezes and covers their mouth and now get the virus. Proceeds to go visit family member in nursing home, now you spread the virus!

WildWestDesigns

If I locked the doors and didn't allow anyone in, I don't see why I couldn't go to work?

Typically, when I think of people going into work, I also think of some type of interaction with other people, but you have to realize as well, you are coming into more contact with areas that can keep live samples for a good bit of time afterward (have been known cases of re-infection of some people as well). It would also be about limiting contact areas.

I don't understand the desire. If I'm not feeling well, typically I'm not on my game. Which means I'm prone to mistakes, some may be more costlier then others. I would just ride it out versus even going in and trying to catch up when I'm not 100%. May have to do that after I get better, but I'll cross that bridge if/when it happens.

Sometimes, it's just best to let your body fully heal before trying to do anything and that's regardless if what you have will or won't kill you or the next person.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think the economic impact is the one that is going to do us in, at least out here. We haven't had any reported cases but the slowdown in business activity has dropped like a ton of bricks on the island. It is really quiet everywhere. My son and inlaws are in the tourist industry and just about all of them are on short hours or taking leave. Local events are being canceled or rescheduled and the off-island trips for the sports teams and other events are not going to happen.
Once it is actually here the military will most likely have to go into lockdown and close off all of the bases to maintain their operational readiness and protect their service families. That will idle a bunch more people outside the fences who work for DOD.
Damn, writing this out makes me think I better go see if we have enough TP stocked up.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
To answer the original question, what would you do if you though you might be infected with the coronavirus? I would likely self-quarantine. I can work from home easy enough. I would also try to think where I might have contracted it and who I was around the previous few days and warn them to keep an eye on their own symptoms. Regarding going to the doctor, getting tested, etc. The test kits are still in very limited supply. I would probably try to call a doctor on the phone to discuss symptoms I might already have and then let him/her decide what to do next.

The tough thing is we're still in cold and flu season. So it would be pretty easy for anyone coming down with a common cold or the flu to wonder if they're developing the COVID-19 respiratory illness. I've had the flu enough times to know I'm coming down with it; every time it has hit pretty fast. I wouldn't be out and about doing normal daily routine stuff while infected with the flu. I'd feel too bad; I'd usually be at home in bed resting and getting over it. I think the common cold is the more dangerous factor in that someone with minor COVID-19 symptoms may only think he has a cold and decides to keep doing business as usual (go to work, go to the store, etc). I would want to know if there are any unique symptoms with COVID-19 infection that you don't normally see with a cold.

I don't think very many people are prepared to bunker up at home for 2 weeks. I have more than enough soap, toilet paper, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and other cleaners to last that long. But food is another issue. I buy a lot of green produce and that doesn't last very long.