• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you REALLY do if you had symptoms of Coronavirus?

Bly

Tom Hanks and his wife are here and have the virus.
Maybe we should block visitors from the US.
Time for him to be isolated on an island with only his Wilson hehe

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I sure hope I make the cut for this season

History-ALONE_thumb[1].jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's my understanding in my local hospitals they don't have enough testing supplies so unless the person needs to be admitted or were in direct contact they go home without a test and are told to quarantine. It's impossible to know how many people actually have it. I really wish they could do more testing. I think there are quite a few people home in quarantine with mild symptoms that have not been tested. This makes those daily reports very inaccurate. It's a false sense of security.

Yesterday my sister received an email from a private yacht club she belongs to that was still doing carry out (she does not own a yacht, I don't think any of them really do). A kitchen member tested positive. They had to shut down and email all the members...what a horrible way to have to close your business. A couple restaurants in my town closed up yesterday, my guess is they got wind and decided they didn't want to be in the same boat. (no puns intended, well, maybe lol)

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
What would I do?
I have no problem just staying home and never leaving again.... I have no use for all the stupid that goes on nowadays. To many enjoyable things to do... plant a garden, work on my railroad, paint the house, mow the lawn....
Besides, what really can you do if you get it?
With or without medication, it's still a 50/50 chance. Your gonna live, or your gonna die, and that can happen any time, anywhere.
So, it is what it is.
As far as living under Marshall Law, or the government thumb.
I do what I want. They don't like it, then my chances are still 50/50!

kffernandez

here, in the North, we would treat it... like the FLU!
rest up, heal up, and keep your germs behind your pile of snow.

I would also remind myself that death rates amongst SARS & MERS were 34% and 9%, respectively, .....COV19, is at 2%.
the previous "2%" death rate data is not reliable anymore. depending on how well the health care system is coping, the actual death rate might be anywhere from 2%-10%. not to mention the fact that i wouldn't bet my life on data released by china. they are notoriously dishonest when it comes to anything that reflects poorly on their country.

binki

If you started showing symptoms that you thought might be coronavirus, what would YOU do? Would you go to a doctors office to get tested for it? And if you were tested and they said you have it, would you be ready for government officials telling you to stay indoors for 2 weeks?

I have no symptoms, but I was thinking about what if I start feeling a "cold" or "flu" come on? I don't think I'd want the attention.

My Daughter has the symptoms but not enough to be tested. Her Dr. said to stay home, don't go into the office for work and don't come to the Dr. office. If it gets bad call 911.

MikePro

the previous "2%" death rate data is not reliable anymore. depending on how well the health care system is coping, the actual death rate might be anywhere from 2%-10%. not to mention the fact that i wouldn't bet my life on data released by china. they are notoriously dishonest when it comes to anything that reflects poorly on their country.
i also posted that prior to actual data coming out of all this mess ....and mostly in jest. We just had our first death in my hometown, still no info or data to ease our minds aside from the knowledge that all this lockdown stuff is definitely keeping it from being way worse.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Re-reading through this thread is like coming across the logbook of a lost expedition to one of the poles.
Day 43: Spirits are high but supplies are starting to run low. TP is now being rationed.
Day 60: Things are not looking good. We have decided as a group to eat Tim Toad.

Bly

Yeah now we know a bit more I don't think I'd turn up to work if I had it.. yowser

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Re-reading through this thread is like coming across the logbook of a lost expedition to one of the poles.
Day 43: Spirits are high but supplies are starting to run low. TP is now being rationed.
Day 60: Things are not looking good. We have decided as a group to eat Tim Toad.

This turned out disastrous......... he was cane toad.