• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you REALLY do if you had symptoms of Coronavirus?

Johnny Best

Bobby H: If your an Amazon Prime member you can order your food and have it delivered from Whole Foods.
Lawton OK has a Whole Food Market.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Really this is a bit of a wake up call that you should always stay home when youre sick, no matter what it is. This coronavirus is being minimized by citing flu death rates which are also very high. That in itself really goes to show that its in everyones best interest to not go around and infect others no matter what you think you have. I know its not reality today but it should be something that people work towards in the future. The work will always be there tomorrow.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Johnny Best said:
Bobby H: If your an Amazon Prime member you can order your food and have it delivered from Whole Foods. Lawton OK has a Whole Food Market.

I do have an Amazon Prime account. However, the "Whole Foods of Lawton, Inc" store here was not affiliated with the big Whole Foods Market chain now owned by Amazon. It was just a small, independent "natural foods" store. It closed a few years ago.

I don't think the Lawton Fort Sill area is big enough (and affluent enough) to attract a location of the grocery chain often nicknamed "whole paycheck."

C

ColoPrinthead

I do have an Amazon Prime account. However, the "Whole Foods of Lawton, Inc" store here was not affiliated with the big Whole Foods Market chain now owned by Amazon. It was just a small, independent "natural foods" store. It closed a few years ago.

I don't think the Lawton Fort Sill area is big enough (and affluent enough) to attract a location of the grocery chain often nicknamed "whole paycheck."
How would anyone compete with commisary at Ft. Sill?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The commissary on the post is decent but plenty of military people shop out in town too. You have to have some form of military ID to shop at the commissary. There's a lot of people here who aren't military. It's difficult enough as it is just to get onto the post to do any business there. Back in the 1990's, before all the 9-11 cr@p happened, Fort Sill was an "open" post. You didn't have to show an ID to enter the front end area; the areas conducting basic training and artillery training were still restricted. Nevertheless the Army and business community did a lot more together back then via the co-op partner setup. We even had an annual armadillo hunt contest during the co-op sports weekend (none were killed, just captured live by hand and relocated to the wildlife refuge nearby).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"According to the US Surgeon General Jerome Adams the average age of death of the coronavirus is 80-year-olds:"
If true, I have about 15 to 20 years to go before I need to get really worried healthwise over this.
Gino you good??

I'm good. Didn't quite hit 70 yet, so to some on here, I'm still a whippersnapper....................

Besides, at least if I go into work while I'm sick, I can still make money, just hafta stay away from everyone.

Last night I heard Bernie Sanders say........ if you're sick, you should go to the doctor and get tested and treated.... FOR FREE. However, isn't that irresponsible ?? I mean, if you just barge into a doctor's office and you're sick, you're gonna spread it around like crazy to all the other sick-Os in there. You should call your doctor, discuss your options and go in when the doctor knows it's safe for you to come in. Feel the Bernnnnnnnnnnnnnn. What a dipsh!t.

Andy D

I have no doubt that people who think they might have it will be going to political rallies, trying to infect the people they despise..
Both sides, but especially the far left, because they have lost their minds over Trump.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I have no doubt that people who think they might have it will be going to political rallies, trying to infect the people they despise..
Both sides, but especially the far left, because they have lost their minds over Trump.
I was going to mark this as hilarious - but I'm afraid it could be true - which is not hilarious. People spreading it on purpose.... there will be a special place in hell for them.

Boudica

OMG - people are stupid! Why would anyone admit something like that on social media - even if they were being sarcastic. I think stupid is more contagious than the coronavirus.
That person has no business being an elected official.

TimToad

I was going to mark this as hilarious - but I'm afraid it could be true - which is not hilarious. People spreading it on purpose.... there will be a special place in hell for them.

You mean like Ted Cruz, Matt Goetz and a few other GOP leaders who went to CPAC, came in contact with infected people and STILL went to work, including a visit to the White House?

Boudica

Did they post somewhere that they planned to purposely infect people they didn't agree with? Or, did they find out about the exposure after the fact - which could happen to anyone. Also, I've seen on about 4 different news outlets that they are self quarantining themselves since learning they were exposed. I don't care what your political views are - neither does this virus.

TimToad

There has already been some threatening... or maybe it was a joke,
https://kdvr.com/news/local/if-i-do...nver-councilwoman-quotes-solidarity-to-tweet/

Here is the statement from her office: "Councilwoman CdeBaca made a sarcastic tweet on Twitter to call attention to the Trump administration's downplaying of the Coronavirus outbreak as a "hoax" no more dangerous than the common flu. Rather than conservative outlets making a four-day-old Tweet their focus on Super Tuesday, they should focus their energy on demanding a competent Federal response to this public health crisis instead."

Emphasis on the words "sarcastic" and "to call attention to the Trump administration's downplaying of the Coronavirus outbreak as a "hoax" no more dangerous than the common flu."

Seems like we have a huge double standard in this country, where some politicians can get away with "joking" about something or "poking fun" or being "sarcastic" and others can't.

I'd be far more concerned with the media outlets and high ranking officials out there claiming this virus is a hoax, which lulls some vulnerable people in a false sense of security.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/10/politics/trish-regan-coronavirus-donald-trump/index.html

Back to the original question, If I thought I had caught it, and there is a chance ANY of us still might, I'd be self-quarantined for whatever amount of time it took to confirm that I didn't or it was safe to go be tested to know for sure. Rushing off to a hospital room or doctor's office without knowing they were equipped to receive me or didn't have testing equipment in place would put others at risk. Pretty common sense stuff.

Andy D

Yeah & Roseanne only tweeted racist stuff cuz of Ambien... Funny how quick people try and cover their butt when they get called out. Regardless of her motivation, it was extremely irresponsible!

TimToad

Did they post somewhere that they planned to purposely infect people they didn't agree with? Or, did they find out about the exposure after the fact - which could happen to anyone. Also, I've seen on about 4 different news outlets that they are self quarantining themselves since learning they were exposed. I don't care what your political views are - neither does this virus.

None of us should be making light of this virus. Not Gaetz mockingly showing up in a WW2 gas mask in the halls of congress, not this idiot in Denver, NOBODY. Karma caught up with him real quick. Nobody has a clear handle on just how dangerous this thing is or how, if or when it mutates into something that starts taking down healthy people of all ages. The experts seem to think a bona fide vaccine is over a year away.

I'm following this on all sorts of media and only one media outlet is spreading disinformation, "hoax" theories and false allegations of a concerted effort by the "left" to politicize the virus.

Instead of spending time creating even more political divisions like Andy can't ever seem to resist doing, we need to be figuring out how to get through some pretty tense times without the purposeful provocations and typical blame shifting.

It's time to pull up our Boy Scout and Girl Scout socks and get prepared for the unexpected. Together. As a UNITED states of America. Not red America versus blue America.

FFS, you stay away from this site for a while and it's all the same when you pop your head back in.

Our fearless leader in the White House cost us weeks of preparedness by overruling his medical experts recommendation to warn older Americans not to take cruises or flights.

Well, what happened? Nearly all of our cases originated with older folks who travelled by plane of cruise ship. But you all just keep blaming some city councilor in Denver because she said something sarcastic.