• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why you should never second guess what you already know.................

DizzyMarkus

I waited for the wamrer temps (11 - 16F) lol
I started at one temp and ended at the other :0)

The larger surfaces were much easier to remove after waiting 5 mins than the thin lined text. It didn't seem to stick no matter what. Even the thick letters didnt around the edges. I did however forget to spray RTII on the app tape for removel on the first window. The second released way way easier soaking the app tape.

Markus

WildWestDesigns

I'll tell ya one more time. It was a brand new bottle. A quart bottle. Never opened. I doubt very highly it was tampered with at the factory or Feller's. It was inside until we drove to the place and the vehicle had heat in it. It froze. End of Story. Finito.

Is it possible that it was a manufacture error (maybe not deliberate)?

I know I've gotten supplies that weren't dyed correctly (ended up being bleached out when they normally can handle being in the wash with bleach), not wound on the spool correctly or were low tensile strength compared to other spools.

All within the same brand that I still use.

I've been around some chemical formulations that if not done correctly, rendered the product essentially useless given it's application (which sounds like it might be something analogous to this instance).

I don't know, I have zero experience with this product, I just know issues that I've dealt with on supplies that have rendered a normally good product to crap. I'm not trying to continue on the argument, I'm legitimately trying to just throw out ideas here.

DizzyMarkus

I'm not trying to continue on the argument

I agree -- I was saying mine didn't freeze in working temps of 15F in the bottle or spraying it on. Someone mentioned removel and thats why I added the soaking the app tape part to possibly help others.

argument ?

Markus

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, for what it's worth, we went back Friday morning and did the window in reverse from the inside and had no problems. We didn't use any wet methods for any of it at this point.

Say what you like, I will never second guess myself on this matter. signage..... from here on out, you can quote me as saying I will never-ever use this crap again.

When looking at the photos, Jeremy showed me where the problems arose and whether or not it froze, got slushy or what, it didn't help with anything we did that morning. It was far more of a hindrance than anything else. Just thought I'd share.

Using this stuff in 14º was probably the dumb part on my end, but when someone says the job must be finished for legal reasons, you generally don't argue. Listening to other posters is why I left my guard down. Just thought I'd share.