• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why you should never second guess what you already know.................

Mike F

64 proof liquor freezes at -10°F. 24 proof liquor freezes at 20°F
RT is about 1/4 alcohol. Whatever proof that is I do not care to calculate. But i guess it is around 24 proof.

If it's 1/4 alcohol then that's 25% alcohol by volume which is 50 proof. Proof is just the % of alcohol by volume multiplied by 2. I'm always amazed by how many drunks don't know that (not directed at you, just saying). But anyway, in regards to the topic at hand, I'm guessing that's isopropyl in there and not ethanol, so I'm not sure the same rules apply. For some reason I feel like isopropyl would have a lower freezing point, that's just my gut telling me that though.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i tell people all the time it's gotta be above 45 before i'll stick anything.

sure it's possible, but not worth the hassle, deadline-shmeadline, go somewhere else........

i have a customer waiting right now until the weather turns

Techman

drinkin juice is -172

Iso freezes at -120

So cold in practical use it makes no difference unless one wants to drink it in Antarctica

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Marlene, it has nothing at all to do with what nationality or religion they are, it’s just that they don’t communicate back and forth and always hide behind the…. I no understand-O line.

I discussed in full before sending the quote, which is signed and dated as to my conditions in my contact that we should not be lettering this, but they have a deadline, so I added a sentence or two to this effect. My point being, they will only remember the part of my saying….. we will try. Talking to these people is like talking to a brick when thinking is needed on their part. Here’s the quote. I should be able to charge them full, but that never flies with these people….. this customer…. and don’t get confused and think I’m stereotyping all Latinos should be paying in full, so I’m gonna discuss halvies.

marlene quote.jpg

The reasoning has nothing to do with anyone being at fault. As I thought I had pointed out originally, there is a deadline. The copy must be posted and I said I would try, but have my doubts. I closely watched another thread on this very topic, so I saw no need to start another one and create confusion. In that other thread, many people said they have used this stuff tac II as far down as -7º. That’s colder than it was here. Roger [the inventor] had mentioned it can be colder than 17º and still work fine. Everything pointed to we had a chance, but the stuff froze in the bottle. I explained to my contact the vinyl was brittle, the chemicals were freezing and told her we could letter it from the inside, so she said do it and we agreed for this Friday.

Again, as I mentioned before, I’m making more than enough on this job, so I can eat this little hiccup. I learned this doing work for these people [this outfit] over the last 20 years. It’s always this way. They don’t want to do something which is outlined as their responsibility, so I jack up the prices to begin with and then say Okay and they think they’re winning. It’s gone this route time and time again. They’ve been a good customer for 21 years and don’t complain about prices, just about increasing them when they make a mistake.

I call foul, because I originally asked about doing it in reverse and they said it couldn’t be done that way. When my people were there this morning, there is no reason at all why we can’t…. except one. Someone has to be there early to let us in and no one wanted to do that, so they just said no to it from the git go.

Bullscat…… Horsepockey…… it’s all the same.
I’m not drinking this stuff, so I don’t care what % or proof it is. I’m going by the label and what the inventor said on his video, so I was under the impression it might work.

For those who have trouble reading or comprehending…. I started out by saying we do everything dry, and should never have second guessed myself. I just listened to what some of these people say here and thought… what the heck…. If they can do it, we should be able. But the sh!t froze in the bottle and in mid air. I just can’t believe it froze that quickly, but I wasn’t there.

Tech, no one said anything remotely close to 20 below. Where do you think of these things ?? Stick with the story and please don’t twist things inside out.
anotherdog….. test on what ?? Yesterday it was much warmer. It was around 22º with a wind chill of 12º or so. Would’ve shown up to work just fine as you’ve heard by most of them already.

Honestly, I was more worried about the fingers and feet of my employees than this crap sticking or not. They were well prepared, so the vinyl irked me a little for going against my own old rule of waiting for warmer conditions…. like April… or just putting temporary signs in or in the case, just lettering the window on the inside.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just took some 3m vinyl and tried to stick it on a glass in the freezer. Hey, I could work for Gino.

I'll remember that next time I go on a picnic and take a cooler along. I'll stick you inside and you can pop out a hang vinyl to things......... :banghead:

signage

Gino Rodger most likey has an anti Gino chemical mixture on his products, you did say you would never use his products when he was a member here!:omg::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

John Butto

Bud lite

I'll remember that next time I go on a picnic and take a cooler along. I'll stick you inside and you can pop out a hang vinyl to things......... :banghead:
They have that commercial on TV where the guy comes out of the cooler. You gotta get some new material Gino.

Pat Whatley

Gino, love you man but there's got to be a different issue here. How friggin' cold is it in the building that the misted RT2 froze when it hit the glass? If the glass is that dang cold what difference is it going to make sticking it on the inside? How much of a temp difference is there between the two sides of an 1/8" piece of glass?

Never seen a bottle of RT1 or RT2 freeze or fail in cold weather.

signmeup

Maybe Gino's boys didn't want to letter in the cold so they said the stuff froze... or maybe they left the stuff in the truck overnight by accident and it froze before they ever got to the site so they made up the story that it froze as it was sprayed, to cover their butts.

I find vinyl doesn't stick worth crap if it's frozen anyway... wet or dry app.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, love you man but there's got to be a different issue here. How friggin' cold is it in the building that the misted RT2 froze when it hit the glass? If the glass is that dang cold what difference is it going to make sticking it on the inside? How much of a temp difference is there between the two sides of an 1/8" piece of glass?

Never seen a bottle of RT1 or RT2 freeze or fail in cold weather.

The inside won't be a problem. That much I do know for sure.

I'm with you. When Jeremy told me on the phone that the stuff is frozen on the glass and he said.... even the bottle is frozen.... I had my doubts, but I don't question people when I'm not there to see for myself. I save that talent for here at s101.

All I can think of is.... I told him to mist it on so he doesn't get too much back there and the sh!t freezes up later on. He said it froze before he hit the glass with the vinyl. When they were taking off whatever vinyl they managed to get on, he said you could see the frozen tac II down in the cracks of the window. Perhaps that was from the person who washed the window yesterday.... and before anyone starts throwing out more wild accusations, they were told what to use and not to use as they have been so many times in the past. They are very used to our specific needs for clean glass. No wrong chemicals were used. Besides, that wouldn't have anything to do with tac II freezing first.

signage.... what part of the title didn't you understand or forget about ??

anotherdog

if it froze at that temperature, someone has been drinking it and topping up with water...
hey you didn't buy chinese rapid-tak?

It must be a slow day in the shop.

I will admit all the really cold installs I have done the heat was on in the building. It may have been minus brass monkeys where I was standing, but the glass was much warmer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This bottle was just delivered Tuesday morning..... yesterday. Never used or tapped out of for any kind of consumption or use.

I do understand the heat was on inside, but we were outside and this was around 9:30 this morning.

signage

Gino;1081145signage.... what part of the title didn't you understand or forget about ??[/QUOTE said:
Gino I understand and did not forget, You are the one that forgot! You said you would never use it!:covereyes::frustrated::banghead:

Techman

Tech, no one said anything remotely close to 20 below. Where do you think of these things ?? Stick with the story and please don’t twist things inside out.

Read it again gino..

I said -20 with a wind chill. Do you see that? No need to get all defensive.
There is no twisting any thing inside out from my opinion. You said the product Froze. If there is any misinformation going its with the bashing of the product.

I said no way unless it was watered down. You posted a pretty powerful bashing of a product when in fact it has nothing to do with the product. I also posted why in that it had to be really cold for the product to freeze unless it was watered down.
There is enough bashing to go around with out adding a misbash.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Gino, maybe your installers topped off with too much personal "anti-freeze"
:bushmill::bushmill: before heading out into the cold.

wayne k
guam usa