• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A chance to make a banner! Need a favor

Vinylman

Here is something I put together to show you what a digital print might look like.

Attachments

• BANNER.jpg
    BANNER.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 101

weaselboogie

Make sure you have enough negative space around the layout. If you're using stock premade banners and you have a 3'x4' banner, then the actual size after hemming is 33"x48' ( if you're using 3' material). You have a 1.5" hem all around the outside, so your actual imprint area is 30"x46.5". I usually start with this imprint size so I know that my design won't go into the hem area.

AUTO-FX

Make sure you have enough negative space around the layout. If you're using stock premade banners and you have a 3'x4' banner, then the actual size after hemming is 33"x48' ( if you're using 3' material). You have a 1.5" hem all around the outside, so your actual imprint area is 30"x46.5". I usually start with this imprint size so I know that my design won't go into the hem area.

great tip

saktrnch

As long as you are putting on a Christmas cantata, why not say so? How will I know it's not just another Christmas church service?

jiarby

Show them the cut vinyl ones and a printed one and they will prefer the printed ones...
As long as you lay off the carbon fills as Jill advised!

Hey Jill... that white text in yours reminds me of Mario Puzo "The Godfather" for some reason.

Here is a quickie using a juicedrop & christmas script

Attachments

• xmas.jpg
    xmas.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 73

hightop

Firefox - saw your post and said, "Oh, no! That's what I forgot to do!!" Then I remembered, we don't have to invite Him. It's at His house! bahahah!
Jiarby - didn't notice the Godfather font. LOL! I liked it. I like your design, too!
Gino - Thanks!
I'll add "cantata" if it doesn't crowd the rest too much. Good point!
Got to go do the family Thanksgiving dinner now. Hope to work on the banner more this afternoon! Thanks again for all of the suggestions!

jiarby

I don't think that it was exactly the godfather... but it felt that way!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

boxerbay

Jill - nice layout and great use of space. I always see people stuffing too much info on every square inch of space and it ends up looking like a wall of text.

jiarby

OK... here they are side by side..

Jill's layout... and Fredo's.

Attachments

• cristbanner3.jpg
    cristbanner3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 87