• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Almost killed yesterday

Doyle

One of these shirts may help....

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 122

btropical.com

we do some towing and usually when its a biker we either face the dead bikers grieving family or we have to go through the hassle of the friend who comes in sayinmg "" I know the guy who owns the bike and we need it out of storage deal "" Be glad you came out with all limbs and are not dead . Bikes when the economy was good everyone had to have one and wrecked them just as fast . I would think with the way you allmost got killed your odds of being mutilated on the road riding a motorcycle have went way down .......... maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0h_...269857937&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

threeputt

Sorry to learn of your accident. Main reason I quit riding roads a few years back. Now it's the trainer at home and the spinner at the gym.

Too many inattentive drivers out there.

Oh...and don't you just love the ones who own the road and don't think they should share it at all?

Bastards.

Colin

Oh...and don't you just love the ones who own the road and don't think they should share it at all?

They think they own the roads by believing that the roads are built & maintained through "fuel tax" when they are not, they come from general revenue. A cyclist "owns the road" as much as a driver.

threeputt

No argument there, man. But I'll tell you I've overheard car drivers talking in coffee shops and such. Bitching about "those crazy bicyclists".

I've not done it yet, but the next time I hear it I'm going to casually walk up and say something. This stuff has got to stop.

Again, glad you're a survivor. Personally had too many brushes with buttholes behind the wheel.

i am glad you are alright.

i know many very serious cyclists and hear these discussions often about cyclists being legitimate parts of traffic and i agree...but many cyclists could do themselves a favor by following the rules of the road NOT just when it is convenient for them...i see so many cyclists running red lights, making illegal turns, etc etc ...but then they bitch and moan about how people in cages treat them on the road...

Colin

i am glad you are alright.

i know many very serious cyclists and hear these discussions often about cyclists being legitimate parts of traffic and i agree...but many cyclists could do themselves a favor by following the rules of the road NOT just when it is convenient for them...i see so many cyclists running red lights, making illegal turns, etc etc ...but then they bitch and moan about how people in cages treat them on the road...

Yes, there are some dunderheads who ruin it for many, but if you look at what you just said, you are suggesting or implying that drivers of vehicles can claim the right to abuse cyclists just because they've seen some cyclists do stupid things? That makes no sense. How is one related to another? May I abuse an Asian female driver just because I saw a few other Asian female drivers do staggeringly stupid things? No, I must obey the rules of the road no matter how many of their ilk I've seen driving like idiots.

SKADSIGNS

quote: If someone was looking out for him....how come he got hit?

Maybe it was a reminder, wake up call, gentle hello.... imaginary things sometimes turn out to be real.

Thank GOD you are ok!!!

Bly

Yeah motorbikes are dangerous. I've ridden for 30 years and there's still nothing like that feeling for me. Once it's in your blood it's part of your life.
The risks are the price we pay.
People get killed in cars too BTW. And how bout pedestrians.
It's a whole lot safer to stay home and sit on your couch.. but is that living?

CheapVehicleWrap

Glad you're ok. Try driving a bike or motorcycle in New Jersey. I only drive a dual purpose dirt bike. I assume I'm invisible to EVERYONE. I feel much safer with the knobbies and all. potholes and curbs are nothing, I've actually been tempted to drive right up a few hoods and over the offending vehicle.

Jon Aston

That is a perfect illustration for why I don`t ride a bike, even though I would absolutlely love too. Think about it. Shit like that can happen any time, unexpectedly, right out of the blue. Mandatory testing for people over an arbitrary age won`t save you.

Glad you are OK, Colin. Good reason to count your blessings. Find a new passion while you still can.

steve b

Somebody was looking out for ya, and it sure as hell wasn't the old gal behind the wheel.....Glad your Ok!

GypsyGraphics

gg.... I'm not against what you're saying, but around here most of the people, kids and adults alike..... cause the majority of problems. I would estimate 90% of all bike riders are clueless when it comes to safety and how to drive defensively. No one has the right of anything. If you believe the rule book on that one, you better think again or get a bigger helmet.

Gino, my comments were direct at DRIVERS. When was the last time you heard of a cyclist killing someone? Drivers, bikers, cyclist and pedestrians are all at risk when people think they can drive at any age, level of sobriety or mutli-task.

Maybe you'd feel different after attending the funeral of a man who was struck and killed, in front of his wife and three kids on Thanksgiving day. The 20 something girl that plowed through him as he stood in the open door of his parked car, never stopped.

Her excuse when caught.... I've never had any trouble texting and drive before. And why didn't she stop... I thought I only took his door off.

How exactly does a helmet of any size, protect you from someone who shouldn't be behind the wheel? Am I missing something???

I'm not saying cyclists have the right to be anywhere they want. My sister, at the age of 12, was hit by a car going 50 MPH, only slightly over the speed limit. The driver did nothing wrong, it was 100% my sisters fault. He had a green light and she rode right out into traffic. I felt terrible for driver, I'd image that changes a person life, even when it's not their fault.

My point was, you can ride a bike at any age, mental capacity, drunk or multi-tasking, been as selfish and careless as you please and in all likelihood, the only one hurt will be you. Put that same person in a car... whole different story.

So yep, I do believe the right to make it home alive at the end of the day, takes priority over your right to be on the road, in what amounts to a deadly weapon, in any condition you please.

Ken

Ok Colin...enough...you're alive..the old gal feels bad about this...buy a new helmet...and ride!
Cheers!
Ken

Colin

Maybe it was a reminder

Reminder of what? Does your god have no other method other than physical pain to remind humans of his existence? Why is he/she/it so ambiguous?

...wake up call

I used to be asleep, but am fully awake now.

... gentle hello

If this was your deity's idea of a "gentle hello", then he/she/it is a beast that I would want nothing to do with. Do you greet your child with a brick upside the head?

...imaginary things sometimes turn out to be real.

But under investigation, they vanish.

Thank GOD you are ok!!!

Which god? There are thousands of them.
I find it interesting that when someone survives an accident (fully explainable in natural terms), all of a sudden it's a "miracle", or some invisible agency in control of the outcome, but whenever individuals or groups of people are killed in horrific, unimaginably painful, indifferent ways, then the theist is suddenly staring at the floor with his hands in his pockets. This is known as "counting the hits, and ignoring the misses."

No, the world looks exactly as one would expect if there were no gods.
God is indeed imaginary.

Now aren't y'all glad I survived?

:Big Laugh

Geary

Two Kinds of Riders

There are two kinds of bike riders: The ones that HAVE been hit.....and the ones that WILL be hit.

Also.....there are BOLD riders and there are OLD riders....but, there's no such thing as an OLD BOLD riders.

Have fun and good luck!

:rock-n-roll: