• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Master serie cutter issue......... GRRR

gvozden

maybe this is way 2 go?

did that happend only with big drawings, I mean with lots of nodes?
did you install something new to PC...
check your cables first, dont get them near power cables, check cuter with smaller jobs, that increase a number of nodes....
I see that on 1 PC cut (ct1200) but only when win XP was unstable

cutkiller

First thing first, im on mac osx 10.3, using flexi 7.5. Its not the cable, i've been able to cut the graphic 6" long, but unable to cut the same graphic, scaled to 25".

When i start flexi there is a pop up that says "upgrade to the perfect version"
Is this may be the problem?????? i think not. the software came with the plotter and with a dongle.

gvozden

does that cutter have pure soft 4 cutting like just hpgl (plt) files?. Try just cut from that soft, not flexi.
Problem in pcut 1200 ( which is almost same as yours) was memory leak.
need more info for sollution of your problem

cutkiller

does that cutter have pure soft 4 cutting like just hpgl (plt) files?. Try just cut from that soft, not flexi.
Problem in pcut 1200 ( which is almost same as yours) was memory leak.
need more info for sollution of your problem

yeah the issue looks like a memory leak. Couldn't find a better explanation of my problem. A plugin comes with the graphtec so you design and sent from Adobe illustrator directly. I run illustrator 10. I know the other plugin is for cs2 or later. Is there a plugin i could use with illustrator 10 ??

emo

The cutter is not responding, is not moving, he's not doing anything. There is nothing to say.. there is no solution. This machine is a JUNK.

Perhaps it's only resting? lol
Reads like the Monty Python parrot sketch!

As to Techman throwing out any tool that fails "just once", well, I was going to say you must not use any Gerber products. At any rate, you must certainly go through a lot of products because they ALL freakin' fail.
:frustrated:

Jillbeans

No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Lunatic Taskbar

Dam it Jill I just went and looked it up.

this section just cracks me up.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

Or to put it into words that are relevant to this thread...

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Master cutter is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is crappy maker!

'E's cutter is stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in place! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the dest 'e'd be pushing up the dumpster!

'Is computer processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-CUTTER!!

Sorry to jump in at the end of this but I don't get on Signs 101 every day. I came to 101 after I had purchased my E bay master cutter and felt like i was at the end of my rope with DEsay tech support. Believe me it is hard to justify spending $3000 when Desay claims to have the same quality machine for $300 ! There salespeople promise allot at the time and it is hard for a cheap scape to resist! From day one I had nothing but issues! TOO MUCH TO COVER IN THIS POST! But my best advise to anyone who deals with a desay machine is to LISTEN TO TECHMANs negative rants and believe every word he says. I wish I had listened a lot sooner. Not being paranoid about my cutter has helped me to be more creative and bring in more business. I have easily paid off the new Graphitec 7000 in the last 6 months. DESAY TECH SUPPORT IS WORTHLESS and will will tell you everything else is your problem except or there machine. DO NOT BELIEVE THE STATIC ELECTRICITY LIE! The graphtec sits in the same spot with the same power cord and has yet to let me down in over 1000 plus yards. Yes some Master Cutter owners on this board LOVE there machines but I would bet they are the minorities.
I personally feel that the Desay master cutters were made for hobbyists and not for everyday use.
Sorry for the little rant but If my advise could steer a possible Desay customer towards a different manufacture then I will feel a little better about my situation .

Lunatic Taskbar

Boy oh Boy CutKiller you got something against Monty Python? :popcorn:

Oh Boy Boy CutKiller vous avez obtenu quelque chose contre Monty Python? :popcorn:

:ROFLMAO:

bjones

Believe me it is hard to justify spending $3000 when Desay claims to have the same quality machine for $300 !

I see this thinking all the time and never quite understood why people buy the super low end cheap stuff thinking it would be anywhere near as good as the more commonly priced quality. When I see stuff like that I always have to ask myself *why* would this product be 20% of the price of most commonly known good quality products and yet somehow be of the same caliber? never yet seen a case where it was anywhere near a good product even for the super cheap price. Lots of people I suppose are willing to take the risk. Kinda backwards thinking to me.. Doesn't matter what we're talking about be it cars or plotters.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well, as an owner of a Masters, I must have been one of the lucky few. We had some issues when we first got the machine and DeSay backed it right up with tech support and even diagrams to show us what to look for. Other then the PITA stray cut, it has more then earned it's money every month.

Does it track well on long runs? Most of the time not, but I've cut 20' banners on this baby with no problem. I'm not saying that Masters are great cutters - they aren't. But they can get the job done.

BTW... we've been running ours for over 3 years and I don't see me shutting it down anytime soon.