• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple, what a fad....

FrankenSigns.biz

My problem with Apple is it tells you that you must use its software (iTunes). You must only use iPhone apps approved by the company. Or else. Not so with other mp3 players or phones.

To put it in signmaking terms, how would you like it if your plotter only worked with one particular design software? Sorry, you can only use Flexi, for example. No Illy, Corel, Photoshop, Signlab, etc., etc.

There are a SLEW of MP3 players for the Mac, and no one at Apple ever said you HAVE to use iTunes or else.

GypsyGraphics

My problem with Apple is it tells you that you must use its software (iTunes). You must only use iPhone apps approved by the company. Or else. Not so with other mp3 players or phones.

Interesting. What you consider a problem, I consider an asset. Here's what the next HUGE problem is with smart phones that do not have tight control over the applications that run on their systems :

Here's one story :

http://matadorsmoneymatters.com/new...banking-information-detected-on-droid-phones/

and another one :

http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/201...-latest-sign-android-attacks-are-on-the-rise/

Great, that's the LAST thing I need is to worry about my phone getting malware. There's a reason for all that control. It stops stuff like this nonsense by a bunch of no good punks that deserve to be locked up and hung upside down for the rest of their life.
:goodpost:

i read that 25 apps for android turned out to be malware!

i'm with CES020... i happen to like knowing there are standards for the apps i download.

andy

Balony! They invented everything 2000 years ago and they're just waiting till they own us outright before they all come over here. They're saving the best stuff for themselves.

The last major technological breakthroughs the Chinese made were the discoveries of Black gunpowder & paper.... about 2000 years ago.

Everything else in the modern world was invented in Europe & America... and that's a fact. How many Chinese nobel prize winners can you name?

FrankenSigns.biz

A credit union has reported a new malicious banking application it discovered that apparently is designed to steal online banking account details on Google’s new Android cellphones

The you have it. The Apple detractors want to parrot anything that makes Apple sound like some kind of totalitarian dictator but the gateway Apple has in place is nothing more than application quality control. If anyone here programmed and submitted a decent app, you would be in like Flynn.

There are many alternatives to iPhoto, iTunes, iMove, et al, but the Apple branded applications are superior in price and functionality.

signmeup

The last major technological breakthroughs the Chinese made were the discoveries of Black gunpowder & paper.... about 2000 years ago.

Everything else in the modern world was invented in Europe & America... and that's a fact. How many Chinese nobel prize winners can you name?
I was being facecious. Everyone knows the British invented everything after the Chinese period.

SOA

all our stuff is apple, i just love the operating system, so much better than windows in my opinion. it is all overpriced tho.

John Butto

Liu Xiaobo

Do I win a prize...

Tim Aucoin

I'm such a geek... or sucker... or whatever you want to call me!
I sold two "old" iPads today. Put them up on Kijiji at 8:15 this morning and they were sold by 8:30!! Sold two 64GB Wifi/3G models for $500 each. I will be buying two 64GB Wifi only iPad2 when on the day they are released! :Big Laugh

I figure I won't need the 3G on them as once iOS 4.3 comes out for our iPhone 4's, we will be able to use the new "Personal Hot Spot" feature to connect the iPad to Wifi via the iPhone 4 and our 6GB data plans! Why pay more when we have it at hand!

Oh, and the iPad2 is a Mac product, although you all knew that! :rolleyes:

WildWestDesigns

I figure I won't need the 3G on them as once iOS 4.3 comes out for our iPhone 4's, we will be able to use the new "Personal Hot Spot" feature to connect the iPad to Wifi via the iPhone 4 and our 6GB data plans! Why pay more when we have it at hand!

Y'all don't have unlimited data plans?