• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attitudes around here lately....

TheSellOut

TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED........

Nothing against you CG, have just never liked that statement because...

What if I am one of those people that truly gets off on being tied up, beaten, slapped, gagged, punched, whipped, bent over, and abused?

Heaven is another thing that is in the eye of the beholder!

Guess you guys know what I will be indulging in this weekend...

10sacer

Attitudes

I have noticed the GENERAL feeling with some of the posts I read - I don't read all of them - just the ones that may pertain to something I may do one day, but I have received nothing but helpful advice and direction to my various posts and am grateful to all for the info - now - I tend to THINK before I post, though, and I always search the archives here and other forums so I don't ask the same mundane question that have been asked and answered.

Could we all be nicer - sure... but where's the fun in that?

SignManiac

I for one am very sensitive and my feelings get hurt easily. I cry when I watch Disney movies. That's why I never ask for critiques. I just know I'll fall apart and then want to hack somebody up with a dull axe. Peace Love and unicorns and fairies under a rainbow in the sky!

SqueeGee

ok, I gotta reply here... I realize nobody is naming names.. and pat says even himself included...

but let's not pretend this is a larger issue that it is... and Adtechia is just an example... Adholio is the large tip of a small iceberg... and i don't want him here.. I don't mind saying that, AND I have many reasons.. but it ain't my forum... so he's still here & I've tried to believe in the best outcome & encourage the guy... sure, I've bashed him more then most, but i don't start chit... and challenge anyone to find personal attacks I've ever started unprovoked... I mean... sure I'm acting all defensive, I see that. I am defending myself because i'm one of the most vocal to bash Addie... for good reason though... in my opinion!!

For those who forget, Adholio was trashing Lindy his first week here.

not a casual comment, but a chest thumping dongslinging challenge about the guys lack of artistic ability... not just one post either, a concentrated & unprovoked attack on a guy who's work ranks near the top 20 I've been inspired by in 10 years here... not just a single snide remark either... adhlio's tryin' to rip him a new cornholio... and in the end, I don't think Lindy has been back since... sure, maybe he had some anger issues too.. but I'd throw 10 ad holes to the lions to keep 1 Lindy, with the kind of inspirational images Lindy had to offer...

I called him on it... and with a few posts, adhole recognized the error of his ways & the fact that some change on his part would enable him to fit here... I confessed to my own public anger management failings & praised the second chances we get in life...

but a few weeks later, he's going after some new gal who was upset about seeing her high end design work on the website of some quicky-sticky competitor... he was relentless.. both barrels blazing... no frikkin' clue... just making up his own assumptions to hang her up by....

and then Marlene was taking unprecedented amounts of unwelcome & undeserved trash talking...

...but I know I ain't no judge jury and executioner... and our new ban-boy bash magnet starts posting ugly business cards... and i tried to help him again...

...and then this chit stirring troll adholio starts a thread about another guys design discussion... and that chit goes up in flames, because the dude is as inflammatory as possible, feeds his own fire, and gets exactly what he is after... you folks can go ignore the crap in your public parks, but I'm gonna make every effort to take the trash out where I like to spend my relaxing time...

...but he posts his logo design rejection pics asking for help again... and i turn the other cheek & spend my valuable browsing time offering him help... the guy is right frikkin' there to defend, or deflect every confrontational post... asap... but helpful posts fall far by the wayside if not get ignored altogether... fine.. my bad... ain't the first time I cast pearls before swine (ok.. maybe just shiny marbles... but they were MY shiny marbles)

..for contrast look at the guy who received the "hire a designer" comments... he has made leaps and bounds of progress... while the bash fest about "hire a designer" comments flamed on... that guy never flinched & just carried on mining this great resource for the value that can be had here... unscathed by a few comments that might have been the end game for a lesser man... ...and meanwhile Adholio's troller coaster rolled on...

...for those who think the attitude problem guys never help... maybe you only visit the trainwrecks & don't see who's helping who...

:U Rock:
You had me at "dongslinging".

Bradster941

I for one am very sensitive and my feelings get hurt easily. I cry when I watch Disney movies. That's why I never ask for critiques. I just know I'll fall apart and then want to hack somebody up with a dull axe. Peace Love and unicorns and fairies under a rainbow in the sky!

attachment.php

Attachments

• billandted2.jpg
    billandted2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 108
W

wetgravy

People who are afraid of honest criticism are everywhere ... same with those that are willing to give it. This is the nicest forum I've been a part of. Eatpoo.com was horrid for trashing on peoples questions and attempts. That ... and they were ban happy after they trash you. Now the forum has been dead for a couple years now ... especially since conceptart.org gathered together a bunch of concept artists and made the site explode.

fmg

The trouble with you lot is that your here day and night and it gets kinda boring to most.
Y'all need to go out and find something new in ur lives.Life does exist out of the web ya know!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Pat.... I'm not sure on the tat........ but I hope everyone comes in with clean fresh breath Monday morning........ hippo-mouth-open.jpg :thankyou:

Craig Sjoquist

What I like about Signs 101 is freedom good or bad it is spoken, sometimes people are rude, or candy coat the words but all in all most are great comments and posts.

Myself I do my best to be honest for what I know, and do my best to encourage a better result next time and try my best not offend, not here to be rude or offensive or even ramble bull, and I hope that I've come close to those statements, knows I'm not perfect by any means.

We all have been new at one point or another and it's always rough getting through, once a sign co. greased my set up scaffolds another shot at me 3 days in a row in hopes to scare me off, so I would say those of you that are reading harsh words pay no mind and move on read the posts that are real.