• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attitudes around here lately....

SlightlyChilled

Being a new kid around here I get a little stand offish about asking things. At first I was thinking that people here were just being dic's be hind a key board and you are to a point...

Like the other week I had a problem and the first person I think was Sign grant-it a little harsh but he was right. I didn't tell the whole story at first not that I was holding things back I just didn't know where to start. But he had no clue what was going on my side. When you you print day to day without a problem then on pops up your not thinking right when you type. That being said he did help and I leaned a little more that day....

Like I have said before if most of you were face to face you would not be so harsh. And for the people that are going to say "nope I would" I call bull s**t if that's how you are I fell sorry for you.

For me I know that I am LIGHT YEARS behind all of you but I fell into a opportunity to follow a dream that I never even thought about chasing till now. I hoping that I can learn as much as I can not just for me but for my kids. Just a little something to keep in there back heads for when they get older. Being a sign maker is a real cool thing I wish I started when I was younger.

What I am getting at is try not to be so ruff at first. Instead of "that sucks kill your self". How about "hay that not working and here is why". Any one can say that sucks but tell them why,where and how. If they still don't get it then go nuts.

I know this was all over the place but I hope you get my point.

Sorry to put you all to sleep.

I like it here and I see threw the BS mostly.

Its my birthday:birthday: I think I'm going to buy some more fonts......

Hugs to you all Colt :toasting:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Diaz

Sometimes the witch hunts are just as bad as the witches. Two different negative results sometimes happen:

The witch hunters give the actual witches the attention they are obviously craving thus increasing the witch's magical strength to annoy and bring down every single thread they are apart of.

Or they finally drive out the witches and are celebrated as heroes. THEN, the witch hunters, who are still in witch slaying mode, are hypersensitive to the slightest sign of witchcraft and soon turn on the peasants. Whether they are bored, or crave more attention and fan-fair for ridding our land of more witches, they continue their offensive assault against anyone they find suspicious... until they become that which they sought to destroy... annoying.

I have realized this is what has been happening here lately and I have been trying real hard not to be a witch hunter, and just ignoring the witches, and going on with my day. I have even used this magical potion which will hide the comments belonging to the witches and witch hunters I find especially annoying. And I have to tell you, even though driving out witches can be entertaining, simply ignoring them and getting to know the other great people in our little village here is so much more enjoyable.

SlightlyChilled

Sometimes the witch hunts are just as bad as the witches. Two different negative results sometimes happen:

The witch hunters give the actual witches the attention they are obviously craving thus increasing the witch's magical strength to annoy and bring down every single thread they are apart of.

Or they finally drive out the witches and are celebrated as heroes. THEN, the witch hunters, who are still in witch slaying mode, are hypersensitive to the slightest sign of witchcraft and soon turn on the peasants. Whether they are bored, or crave more attention and fan-fair for ridding our land of more witches, they continue their offensive assault against anyone they find suspicious... until they become that which they sought to destroy... annoying.

I have realized this is what has been happening here lately and I have been trying real hard not to be a witch hunter, and just ignoring the witches, and going on with my day. I have even used this magical potion which will hide the comments belonging to the witches and witch hunters I find especially annoying. And I have to tell you, even though driving out witches can be entertaining, simply ignoring them and getting to know the other great people in our little village here is so much more enjoyable.

:goodpost:

Next time we meet I will have my 12 sided die:thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just so you see that unpleasantness isn't limited to our threads, here's an exchange between a rejected member and me today ...

Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 11:30 AM

Dear xxxxxx,

Unfortunately your registration at Signs101.com did not meet our membership requirements. This may be because you left information out of your registration or did not supply appropriate information. Or it may be because we do not accept non-members of the sign making profession or related graphic fields into our community. Your registration was, therefore, deleted.

If you are seeking a supplier of finished signs, decals or other graphic products or services, we recommend that you use the services of a sign professional in your local area.

Sorry, you are welcome to reapply at anytime in the future when you meet our membership requirements.

Signs101.com

On 1/21/2011 09:46 AM, xxxxxx wrote:

i am not in business but i did just spend $26000 on new equipment and all i wanted to do was gain some information from your site (thats what i thought it was for). I was obviously mistaken and for what it matters, if you want an exclusive site dont give the general public the registration option! I will go somewhere else and seek the information i need, yours was recommended but i will make sure i let everyone I know that you arenot accepting registration for members. I willnot be visiting your site any longer as well and you really shoukld quit wasting peoples time and list your requirements to be accepted as a member so those that donot fit your profile do not have to give up all of there personal information for your database that i would be sure you sell to marketers. It seems you arenot very secure in your field of work or you wouldnt be so open for some new to the business, you will never be able to stop an individual from entering the sign making business! you may be able to stop someone from joining your site but thats about all the power you have and there are many a site that will welcome new members with open sites. HAVE A GREAT DAY

Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 10:09 AM

[SIZE=-1]Wow xxxxxxx!

Your registration was immediately rejected, not for the reasons you stated but because you refused to supply your last name, phone number and lied about your street address. That is your choice but also are our requirements. Nothing more. We don't sell or market to anybody but we do find that after eight years it is necessary to protect ourselves against the attempts we receive from registrants with less than stellar motives for joining.

Think about it. You want to know all kinds of useful stuff from us but you don't even have the willingness to honestly identify yourself. So, by all means, find yourself an open forum that will do that for you.

Fred Weiss
Signs 101 Admin
[/SIZE]

On 1/21/2011 3:09 PM, xxxxxxx wrote:

LIKE I SAID ALL I WANTED WAS SOME INFO ON THE NEW MACHINES I BOUGHT . NOT GIVING MY LAST NAME SHOULD NOT BE EVEN MATTER. LESS THAN STELLAR MOTIVES? WHAT WOULD THOSE BE??? YOU ARE A FORUM SITE. WHATS THE PURPOSE FOR YOUR SITE IF NOT TO INFORM?? I WILL GLADLY LOCATE ANOTHER SITE AND IM CERTIAN THEY WILL HELP ME OUT WITH MY QUESTION. i HATE I STUMBLED ACROSS YOURS TO BEGIN WITH BUT IM SURE TO TALK ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD WITH YOU SINCE I DID . HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 3:26 PM

Therein lies the problem. You have a rather uninformed opinion of what we are about and also seem to think we owe you something, when in fact it is you who wants something from us without caring about our policies or the concerns of our community. Our purpose is to improve the professional sign community. We are not here to answer questions you should be getting from the vendor who sold you a $26K piece of equipment. We are, however, more than willing to assist our brothers and sisters who recognize our purpose and act accordingly.

Anybody want to buy a forum?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I've been trying to petition for a birthday month, but for some reason that doesn't seem to fly around here. I just get the day. Bummer.

i wish i could get a birthday month too...as it stands i get a weekend, but it's a weekend where the husband stays home with the kids and i get to go to the peaceful poconos with the dog and go out drinkin' with my parents (who cover the tab every time!)...

signrios

Not that I'm by any means excluding myself from it but what's up with the attitude around here lately? Seems like every post in the last couple of weeks has gone from discussion, to argument, to witch hunt. I bet if Adtechia made a post about the sky being blue he'd get 10 people jumping his ass telling him how wrong he was and Lord help anyone who posts any artwork for review.

I know Christmas is over but have we already forgotten all that PEACE ON EARTH and GOODWILL TOWARD MEN stuff?

I think everybody should go indulge in their vice of choice and come back next week in a happy sunshine kind of mood.
:goodpost:

Great post Pat, i keep a low profile for this very same reason, you always have the lords of signs101 jumping at you like crazy,

seems like having thousands of posts gives you the right to offend people and defend and praise each other, even if artwork or logos(clipart) posted by some of these individuals plainly suck!!!

i feel better now.

TheSnowman

Anybody want to buy a forum?

I bet Cappy does! Sent that douche over to 201...him and the 8 other people with the posts from a year ago can help him out.

On a side note...maybe you could buy that guys equipment for nothing since he jumped in w/o a bit of knowledge or tech support.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow Fred.... that sounded like it could've been fun too. Could've whipped up some real points with someone like that sportin' around.

I don't know if many people here know it or even realize the many many hours you put into this place just to keep the riff raff and the horrible spammers out, plus all the other undesirables, but even though it's buried in this thread, many people new and old are reading this lately, so as much fun as we have with this place... the good and the bad..... I greatly admire and respect the job you're doing. I'm sure you have methods for keeping many in-line here, but I don't care what the others say about you... I think you're doing a spectacular job. :wink:

Maybe Addie would buy it. Or Cappy, if he's not in jail. :cool1:

Actually, your post there just proves how these people are lurking and watching all the moves and conversations going on here in the 'Open Forums' and it still astounds me why and what some of these members are thinking when they just nonchalantly post valuable information out here. This very thread can be seen by all the same people that watched that girl fall in the fountain. Someday, the masses will understand what a Gold Mine they have here for next to nothing invested.

:thankyou: again..............​

GypsyGraphics

awww how nice.... lollipops for everyone!
except that reject who gave fred a bad time (there, there fred)

lovelollipops.jpg

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
blueboy.gif
Uh-Oh ... look out Fred. When Gino starts sucking up it can be kinda like one of those Allstate TV commercials where "Mayhem" shows up. :banghead: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: