• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee for under 20$

Futura Signs

To everyone who has been keeping tabs on this thread.... TGIF.... go out have a beer or whatever relaxing Friday things you do and have a good chuckle over this thread.

Dale - your an innovator / pionner.... there needs to be more ppl like you.
im a little jealous. im not as enthusiactic about some of my own ideas.....

as always.... Cheers

Let this Thread R.I.P.
^_^

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Thanks Barry

I think the important thing that Dale did do with the BS is that he changed the way I can premask (very fast and pretty accurate), and also laying vinyl cut letters down. Up until I had seen the BS I was never aware that those 2 production issues could be done that way. The BS has saved me so much time and anguish, I almost feel as though we all owe Dale a great Thank you for inventing the concept, not just the tool.
The introduction of the Big Squeegee and its concepts has help sign/print shops all over the world. It not only saves a lot of people time and materials. Many have saved themselves from carpel tunnel syndrome surgery or have been able to continue sign making after surgery. What used to be a monumental task is now reduced to a second thought in comparison.

Those in the USA, Canada and Europe are lucky to get the tools at so low of cost. One set sent to India cost $245 for shipping. It costs over $200 to send the larger sizes to Australia and New Zealand.

The concepts are worth more than the tools but, selling the tools is the only way I can see to make a living while introducing the concepts.

The thought of all the millions of $$$ These concepts have saved in shops all over the world makes it all seem worth while.

In the interest of being Friday here is a link some of you may find entertaining. Will work for food.

Last edited:

signmeup

Pat, that was very nice and thank you for proceeding this way. It changes my mind. :thumb:..... not that matters much :banghead:

:thankyou:
That's not what you said in the PM you sent me. At least now you're admitting you acted like an ass. Good for you.

sjm

The reaction I posted along with others here was based in something else. That being Dale the man. I will give the benefit of the doubt that the original poster is most likely not aware of how great a member and sponsor of Signs 101 Dale has been. My comments were only posted because of the respect I have for Dale. Otherwise I would not have posted at all.

Nothing wrong with that and as I don't personally know Dale but have heard it mentioned he brings to the market value as others do and have was my only point.

Mainframe

The Big squeegee Rocks!!! I love mine, I only have 3 but I am gonna order a couple of 30 inchers soon, (can't wait to get my hands on them) starting to get crazy busy & need some of these slow payers to step up, (gonna bang on some doors Monday) Then I can order!

ActualGrafix

Alright guys.
Who here has bought a Big squeegee for 100$ or more.
Well heres the thing.

all you need is a small piece of plexiglass *(or something similar)* the lenght that you want it. Some Glue and an old pair of Gym Pants.

Put some Glue with a Glue gun along the edge of the Plexi
Rip apart an old pair of Gym pants that will act as a felt overlay to not scratch when squeegeeing and glue it on the edge just like a squeegee sleeve.

Materials are variable.... use your own imagination.

we made 4 of them here various size and they work awesome.
Saved a lot of money too.

Requires some amount of common sens to build it.

Cheers

I'll have to try that if i get in a bind. Thanks for the tip. BTW, some of these guys get bent WAAAAYYY out of shape from small things. Just take it with a grain of salt and grab a
:beer Cheers

R08

Easy guys ... I think he realized his mistake.

Futura... don't let it get to ya. Just consider it your initiation rites.
You screwed up (we all do) . Just learn from it.

Now adjust - repair - go on!

ActualGrafix

In the spirit of this thread, i give you

The Tape Shooter 3000!
15 Min
(2) 7" 2X4'S
(2) Vinyl Cores
(4) Plastic Plumbing Drains
(16) 2" Bolts & Nuts
$3.50!

You're :Welcome:

Attachments

• DIY Tape Shooter 3000.jpg
    DIY Tape Shooter 3000.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 190

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I've never understood how those things are supposed to work. if the cores rotate to feed tape out how do the sides stay in place? is there a threaded rod or something keeping the ends from separating? better yet is there a youtube video of one of these in use?

iSign

I think the tape sits on top & the empty tubes don't rotate, they just create a non stick cradle for the tape roll to spin, with the leading edge of the tape dropping through the gap... but that's just a guess as I've never seen this contraption either...

ActualGrafix

I've never understood how those things are supposed to work. if the cores rotate to feed tape out how do the sides stay in place? is there a threaded rod or something keeping the ends from separating? better yet is there a youtube video of one of these in use?

I actually have both of the sides bolted together because they kept coming apart. Not as good as the Big Squeegee but it works better than i thought it would.

:thumb:

slappy

don't let this thread FuturaSigns scare you away. I can see your reasoning to posting it. There's been plenty of threads here trying to figure out the ingredients of a $35 gallon of Rapid Tac and I don't recall people defending that product cause Roger Bailey (owner of the Rapid Tac) is somewhat a JA.

Anyways, i figured i would let you know. Dale "Big Squeegee" is a long time member and sweetheart, i can see why members are defending him and his product. Roger however has been banned twice i believe for his " there's only one way to lay wet vinyl, don't use water and soap that is wrong!.. or windex!... don't do that dry either" tactics. I wanna say he was worse on signweb's forums. I believe some of his offspring where members here also and have also been banned.

Anywho, keep your head up. You'll learn more here then any other forum.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Thank you Slapakiss!

...Dale "Big Squeegee" is a long time member and sweetheart, i can see why members are defending him and his product. ...
I'm not too sure that their intentions are so much defending as giving good advice. I would like to challenge any device that has the same price tag as the Big Squeegee to give results such as the 7.5 square feet per second application shown in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDvxUaI5CQ&feature=player_embedded

slappy

I'm not too sure that their intentions are so much defending as giving good advice. I would like to challenge any device that has the same price tag as the Big Squeegee to give results such as the 7.5 square feet per second application shown in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDvxUaI5CQ&feature=player_embedded

I seen Baz using it at Gino's last year at the meet. I really didn't understand before how it worked till i saw it in person. It is a really great product and i couldn't believe how fast it would lay down with no bubbles for him.. and when i/ if i get into digital printing like that, i'll be sure to buy one! But right now, i'm still using my plotter and die-cut... :wink: