• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new Logo/Company name

DesireeM

C'mon man? I don't get what you're playing at. You asked for input and got some really good advice, criticism and tips on how to improve the logo from some very apt professionals. You then proceeded to dispute every single improvement tip you were given. And then you submit something completely different that takes none of those tips into consideration (and is even worse than the first submission..sorry but it is...just...terrible.)

Why ask for opinions if your logo/sign seems to have nothing to improve according to you? If all you wanted was for someone to pat you on the back and say "great work" then show it to your mama instead.

Biker Scout

I was just trying to be nice. Geez, you guys are "forward" to say the least. I didn't have any inspiration on the logo, otherwise I would have just made up an example. I try to never criticize without showing something better.

DesireeM

I was just trying to be nice. Geez, you guys are "forward" to say the least. I didn't have any inspiration on the logo, otherwise I would have just made up an example. I try to never criticize without showing something better.

You don't have to be able to draw up something better in order to critique the submission. I can tell you there's a hole in your boat and it's too heavy therefore it won't float and I can tell you to patch the hole and make it lighter OR just BUY A NEW BOAT but I'm not about to fix it for you or buy you a new one.

A critique is not meant to be a solution. The designer takes the critiques into consideration and then comes up with their own solution.

If you take enough time to design something better then you aren't helping him. You're just doing his job for him....and not getting paid for it.

Biker Scout

I have a tendency to just take over and do things right. I really try to allow my team to do the work I pay them to do, but sometimes I'm in cold sweats trying not to meddle.

DesireeM

I have a tendency to just take over and do things right. I really try to allow my team to do the work I pay them to do, but sometimes I'm in cold sweats trying not to meddle.

Well at least in that case you are helping your team AND getting paid for it.:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Like mentioned, I don't think anything was meant in your direction, but to the OP.

There comes a time when one starts to understand the necessity of someone going on and on and on and on and on and not going anywhere. I have an employee like that. All I need is an answer, I don't need to hear the whole story leading up to your evasive nothingness. I need to make a decision and make it now, so don't crowd my head with useless baggage and that's what the OP here is doing. There's a good ending and a bad ending and this person has evidently chosen bad on several occasions. However, they don't seem to have the capability to learn or just refuse to digest the information given to them. Therefore, they're stuck. Nothing anyone can do to help. They are in their own way and won't move until they make.... hopefully a good decision in which path to follow.

As for posting up examples..... to me, that doesn't help anyone if you lead them by the nose. If you can't get your point across by teaching, citing examples, explaining elements/reasons or just plain forwardness, then they are also doomed, due to their own inabilities.

How many teachers at school would show you every step of the way to solve a math equation or pronounce a new word ?? They would help you sound it out, but they made you do the work, so you'd learn. Showing samples to all of these people doesn't do them a bit of good. If they don't know the jargon or terms we use, then they should learn that as well. It might be s101, but it isn't 'Show & Tell' class.

Marlene

totally agree that showing them something better is no help at all. helping people find the way by suggesting what to try next does. so many here jump right in and draw up their version, we all say nice, do that and nothing is learned. the problem I had with this design was there was no where to go in suggesting how to tweak it out. there was nothing worth saving or re-doing what would ever worked. we've seen some designs that were bad but had a place to start. not s with this or the re-do the OP did. the re-do wasn't as bad as the first design but there were way too many things that made it clear the OP is clueless. just look at the way the letters are connected in the word "Signs" in that one. the OP doesn't have the basic skills to know how to use a connected font.

Warlick Designs

You guys are just wayyy to serious ;)

now that I have everyone's attentions on this thread... you do you guys think about this??

& try to be NICE!! lol

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 101

Warlick Designs

totally agree that showing them something better is no help at all. helping people find the way by suggesting what to try next does. so many here jump right in and draw up their version, we all say nice, do that and nothing is learned. the problem I had with this design was there was no where to go in suggesting how to tweak it out. there was nothing worth saving or re-doing what would ever worked. we've seen some designs that were bad but had a place to start. not s with this or the re-do the OP did. the re-do wasn't as bad as the first design but there were way too many things that made it clear the OP is clueless. just look at the way the letters are connected in the word "Signs" in that one. the OP doesn't have the basic skills to know how to use a connected font.

You're ;) an idiot... sure the font wasn't welded yet but do you take endless amounts of time perfecting something just show others and get a quick few opinions?? if so you probably waste a lot of time.

Creating a logo for yourself "in my opinion" is very hard for numerous reasons which is exactly why I shared it.. but hey thanks for the constructive criticism
:rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks great. I wouldn't go any further. You have a winner with that one. :design:

Somehow you just stepped in sh!t and came out smelling like a rose. That's really amazing how well you picked up on all the hints and critiques.

Well done, grasshopper. :corndog:

Warlick Designs

Looks great. I wouldn't go any further. You have a winner with that one. :design:

Somehow you just stepped in sh!t and came out smelling like a rose. That's really amazing how well you picked up on all the hints and critiques.

Well done, grasshopper. :corndog:

:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator: