• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland giving some money back ?

Desert_Signs

I DO know how to check the box :cool: I don't recall saying I don't know how to check the box. I don't think I would do 2 passes at 260 , so I was curious if I was supposed to do 2 at 130 , or what stepts to take when doing 2 passes.

Sort of a change of subject, but it looks like you could pretty easily turn that file into 2 prints, without using much extra material. Might track better that way...

autoexebat

Sort of a change of subject, but it looks like you could pretty easily turn that file into 2 prints, without using much extra material. Might track better that way...

That's actually part 2 :wink: , Most of my stuff is in 2 parts .. It's just a pain to do when you are dealing with 200 files. If that is what I have to do I will but the tech who was here said what I am doing should NOT be a problem at all . He saw the prints , if it was an issue he would have told me ( it's not tracking right ) or something along the lines of ( use 2 pass cuts ) ... Either way I've had no assistance in the matter ! All I want is a solution so I can stop filling up the garbage can .

mpn

Since the tech says no problem, you should have him stay until it's fixed, and have a test kit to run from start to finish. Also might want to ask the tech how many graphic kits with 8/12 + vinyl he's run. (same spec of material and sizes.

200 kits /files .....

Bunch of wasted TIME & Materials Money etc and you could have run smaller files already and made your customers happy.

autoexebat

Since the tech says no problem, you should have him stay until it's fixed, and have a test kit to run from start to finish. Also might want to ask the tech how many graphic kits with 8/12 + vinyl he's run. (same spec of material and sizes.

200 kits /files .....

Bunch of wasted TIME & Materials Money etc and you could have run smaller files already and made your customers happy.

Running a 2 pass test right now on a full kit , It was either try or do a full refund for this customer

Here are my settings as of now , crossing my fingers ! Will post results

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 102

player

In my opinion cutting by hand would show, and it would be a poor quality finished product. (I know some could do it but not everybody.)

I would not think cutting twice will line up perfectly.

I would break the pieces up into as many files as I could. Less long runs and if it does go off it is much less waste.

mpn

Cutting multiple passes lines up perfect ( I run kits this way to not beat the crap out of my machine), especially if you're not trying to run 5 foot files at the printers maximum working thickness... :omg:

autoexebat claims the graphic he posted is part 1 of 2 etc. That would make it a 4 section job on our 30 inch roland on the same materials he claims to be using.

Setup 4 files and bang that job out in the time he's spent posting.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Cutting multiple passes lines up perfect ( I run kits this way to not beat the crap out of my machine), especially if you're not trying to run 5 foot files at the printers maximum working thickness... :omg:

autoexebat claims the graphic he posted is part 1 of 2 etc. That would make it a 4 section job on our 30 inch roland on the same materials he claims to be using.

Question on this,
do you (or can you) pause between passes to increase the down force or adjust the blade to cut a little deeper on the second pass?
Is it even needed? I have not had the need to cut 12mil lam.

wayne k
guam usa

autoexebat

Well that test came out ok as far as it being lined up , I didnt quite have the blade set as deep as it needed so it cut in some areas and in some areas hardly at all , then came the nightmare of all the circle ... HA I don't want to mention how they look now.

PS not all jobs are this big , this is actually the biggest one I have.

Trying to figure out if I should do one more pass at 160 ( what I just used ) making it 3 passes .

OR going to a deeper cut depth and stay with 2 passes .. hmmm

part 1 is loaded so I guess for the heck of it I will try a 3rd pass at 160.

Added Info - Part 1 is 46 inches and Part 2 is 48 inches long .

phototec

The OP is pig-headed and likes to fill up his trash can!

Many, many of us have tried to help him, giving him different solutions, but just like the old saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink."

The OP insists on filling up his trash can and wasting lots of ink, vinyl, and laminate.

I would have split the file apart for the most important job and while it was printing and cutting, I would be working on the next section.

He has been told by many on here that he would have better chances of the graphics being cut more accurately if the print was NOT so long.

But, you can't make a horse drink water (pig-headed)!!!!:banghead:

You better order another dumpster....:ROFLMAO:

autoexebat

The OP is pig-headed and likes to fill up his trash can!

Many, many of us have tried to help him, giving him different solutions, but just like the old saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink."

The OP insists on filling up his trash can and wasting lots of ink, vinyl, and laminate.

I would have split the file apart for the most important job and while it was printing and cutting, I would be working on the next section.

He has been told by many on here that he would have better chances of the graphics being cut more accurately if the print was NOT so long.

But, you can't make a horse drink water (pig-headed)!!!!:banghead:

You better order another dumpster....:ROFLMAO:

so 46 inches is too long ??????????????? What kind of machine did I buy it if can't handle 46 inches ???

And why do some at 50 inches come out perfect ?

mpn

GAC05 Never tried to pause between cut passes. I use 3 passes total to lessen the wear & tear on my machine and have zero registration issues.

Is your laminate the same width as the vinyl graphic?

I ask this because elsewhere you mentioned a 27" laminator. Possible feed wheel material thickness difference?

autoexebat

GAC05 Never tried to pause between cut passes. I use 3 passes total to lessen the wear & tear on my machine and have zero registration issues.

Is your laminate the same width as the vinyl graphic?

I ask this because elsewhere you mentioned a 27" laminator. Possible feed wheel material thickness difference?

Yep both are the same size , I'm set to 25.5 currently.

I'm cutting 3 passes now at 165 , will post back

mpn

Try to keep the sheet size around 3 feet for what you're doing. My pressure settings will not be the same as yours. Going to have to figure out what the machine likes, which sounds like what you're doing now.

autoexebat

Never had a clue , thanks for the info .

So what does it do in versaworks ?

Little better , at least I can sell this section ! 98% of it cut perfect and the other 2% hardly cut at all. I have to finish it with my olfa blade.

As of now my settings still remain 165 @ 3 passes , speed of 5 .

No more testing as I am out of lamination , hopefully soon I will get this setup and running smoothly.

mpn

The screen shot of versaworks above is where I set the cut passes but you need to set downforce on the printer. You need to reference your users manual.

Attachments

• 20140504_210114.jpg
    20140504_210114.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 109

autoexebat

Thanks will keep that in mind for the next time , I do know where to set it on the printer as that is where I did all of my test cuts . I never it on the printer even with the xc-540

I'm curious why they even bothered to include that in the software :Big Laugh

phototec

so 46 inches is too long ??????????????? What kind of machine did I buy it if can't handle 46 inches ???

And why do some at 50 inches come out perfect ?

Maybe?

We don't know the answer, you are claiming that something is WRONG with your printer and it is NOT cutting correctly, so we are giving you ideas to get your with your present orders finished, so you quit wasting all that material until you find out what's wrong.

I don't know if in fact something is wrong with the printer or if it's operator error (sometimes it is), we are just telling you what we do as a work-a-round to get the job done, not a permanent solution.

However, 12mil laminate is really hard on a printer like what you have, so you may need to take some of the advice given and try not sending those big heavy laminated sheets back through the printer, that's all we are saying.

You never want to run a machine (any machine) full out, if you drove you car at 100 MPH all day long, how long would it last .

:smile: