• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland giving some money back ?

autoexebat

I wish I didn't have to run 12 mil , I'd rather run 8 mil but everyone seems to want 12. I only usually do 1 or 2 kits a day so this machine should last me forever !

I just need to find the perfect setting and stay with it.

kanini

You need to set your downforce on the roland control panel, not in versaworks.
Doesn't VW override the printer settings if you Enable advance cutting options (when you set your passes to 2 or 3)? I think you can set passes, speed and downforce from VW? Otherwise he would have cut three passes with 260 if he hasn't changed the settings on the printer?

Sign Works

Was Roland able to assist in determining what was causing your cutting alignment problem?
Have you found a soloution?

autoexebat

I did finally hear from them today and so far it looks like Thursday they will come. Roland overnighted some material to my dealer to use for testing , sad thing is the print material is the cheapest ! What concerns me is the lamination and ink ! that stuff is big money.

mpn

Doesn't VW override the printer settings if you Enable advance cutting options (when you set your passes to 2 or 3)? I think you can set passes, speed and downforce from VW? Otherwise he would have cut three passes with 260 if he hasn't changed the settings on the printer?

I would have thought so, but I have never been able to set downforce that way. Everything else works in the enabled setting box except downforce for me.

autoexebat

12mil and VS300i = NO GO

Couple of updates ....

#1 You do NOT need to set the force on the printer itself , Versaworks settings overwrite settings.

#2 Printer is NOT defective .

#3 Forget about me using the 12mil , I guess the vendor had a talk about it with Roland and the Tech's and they pretty much said they can't help me with using the 12mil material.

I went over everything with the tech , I asked about multi pass cuts , speed , heat on , heat off .... But he clearly said the lamination is too think and it's not reading the registration marks correctly.

The whole reason for me buying the printer was to make ATV / Motocross Graphics , That means ( Thick Material = 12mil ) so at this point I really don't know what to say:cool:

Hopefully this thread will become useful for anyone that is thinking about using the vs300i and 12mil lamination.

player

So what if you put making tape over the reg. marks, then lam and cut the tape and lam and then register and cut?

Did you discuss this 12mm with the Roland dealer before purchasing? If so, sue them for your money back and losses...
In Canada small claims court is 25K.

autoexebat

So what if you put making tape over the reg. marks, then lam and cut the tape and lam and then register and cut?

Did you discuss this 12mm with the Roland dealer before purchasing? If so, sue them for your money back and losses...
In Canada small claims court is 25K.

Actually if you remember last week I didn't laminate the registration marks at all and the cuts were still off. I don't think I ever signed anything with they showing I was using 12mil lamination. When I ordered it they knew I was going to make ATV graphics with it and I talked them into giving me a 60 degrr blade and a test roll of 12mil lamination , that being said YES they knew ... but I don't have proof or anything no.

player

It finds the reg. marks when they are not covered, and then you only cut as if it was regular lam is it still off?

If you cut with regular lam is it still off? Check it out carefully. I bet your machine is defective and they are screwing you as they are known to do at Roland.

My machine has never print cut in registration. While it was in warranty I was told by the dealer and the techs that they did not do any better. I found out recently that my machine is defective and I got totally ripped off by Roland. They are not honorable in the way they deal with defects in their products. You have to scream and complain while you still have warranty. Don't let up. Call everyday. Post your defective story everywhere you can.

You definitely have proof that you told them you would be cutting 12 ml because they sent you a test roll. If they verbally said it might do it, you should get your money back, with extra for your losses and opportunity costs. If your dealer won't help call the Roland head office and let them have it! Take notes, tape calls etc. Roland is very protective of their reputation and should give you a better machine or your money back or something that is compensatory. Your dealer knew what you were going to do with it so they are liable for selling it and it not performing.

Desert_Signs

Couple of updates ....

#1 You do NOT need to set the force on the printer itself , Versaworks settings overwrite settings.

#2 Printer is NOT defective .

#3 Forget about me using the 12mil , I guess the vendor had a talk about it with Roland and the Tech's and they pretty much said they can't help me with using the 12mil material.

I went over everything with the tech , I asked about multi pass cuts , speed , heat on , heat off .... But he clearly said the lamination is too think and it's not reading the registration marks correctly.

The whole reason for me buying the printer was to make ATV / Motocross Graphics , That means ( Thick Material = 12mil ) so at this point I really don't know what to say:cool:

Hopefully this thread will become useful for anyone that is thinking about using the vs300i and 12mil lamination.

Don't they claim in their literature that the machine can handle up to 1mm material? 1mm material is ~40 mil.....