• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshLoring

We are working out the Facebook share as we speak.. Until then.. Let your friends build anticipation..

Attachments

• image-2245281818.jpg
    image-2245281818.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 114

fmg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M Check out there revenue and net income on the right side of the page.
You lot are laughable if you think you can damage their empire for the sake of a few small sign shops boycotting their wrapping product.
Sorry boys and girls but you have to look at the big picture in this and somehow I think you are missing the point. Social media is not the be all and end all to spread news to the communities.Just like the celebrity death hoax pranks on Facebook Poeple do not believe everything they read there.

rjssigns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M Check out there revenue and net income on the right side of the page.
You lot are laughable if you think you can damage their empire for the sake of a few small sign shops boycotting their wrapping product.
Sorry boys and girls but you have to look at the big picture in this and somehow I think you are missing the point. Social media is not the be all and end all to spread news to the communities.Just like the celebrity death hoax pranks on Facebook Poeple do not believe everything they read there.

Gee whiz 'til you came along I had no idear how big 3M was. Golly mister ya sure are smart. I sure hopes tha rest of us duzn't waist no more time with this. Gosh ya shur sayved me frum doin sumthin, dum.

If you do not like this thread troll elsewhere.

CheapVehicleWrap

It's probably safe to assume that 3M makes more money on every other product they manufacture than wrap vinyl. That's probably why they want to control everything.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Over 8,000 views and 300+ replies...and I haven't said a thing, until now:

Go Lions!

JB

CheapVehicleWrap

Gee whiz 'til you came along I had no idear how big 3M was. Golly mister ya sure are smart. I sure hopes tha rest of us duzn't waist no more time with this. Gosh ya shur sayved me frum doin sumthin, dum.

If you do not like this thread troll elsewhere.

I'm confused by your post. You start off sounding he's a smart feller but end suggesting he's a f@rt smeller?

Techman

Yes wrap guys are sensitive to the 3M deal. I certainly do not blame you any of them.

But, it is no way the same as Avery's complete con job for their clients.
Avery lied,, flat out lied,,, balled faced lie. They stood there with a straight face and said the problem was ours due to improper installation. They did this in the face of hundreds of failures with the same material in the same lot numbers. They continue to hold this posture with their reflective that still fails all the time.

mudmedia

I would say 3M is lying by saying they are not in direct competition with us "wrap" shops and I the thing that gets most of us mad is for original wraps / 3M to say what shops are qualified to wrap their graphics.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have to admit last week we did a Qube & 2 Jukes for the local Nissan dealer with kits they supplied from original wraps.
Nothing wrong with the material or quality of the prints.
Not full wraps, just the hood on the Qube and dual stripes up and over for the Jukes.
We've done this type of work for them before, odd part is they send their fleet work to another shop just down the road.
Hard to complain about simple/quick work that was not solicited showing up in the shop.

wayne k
guam usa

JoshLoring

Hard to complain about simple/quick work that was not solicited showing up in the shop.

wayne k
guam usa

That's actually quite sad. If the program didn't exist, you would be printing and installing the job.

More work lost to 3M. Tally, check slash.

ironchef

I think the future holds hundreds of little 3m shops popping up, or franchises (the ones who are installing for them) lol..... its a sad, sad world. Or maybe they will start a whole seller/ broker program and print and lam to everyone. either way... i just don't feel like i can trust them. We may be chump change to them, but we ain't buying a sack of apples either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When emotion creep into the equation.... you'll make sense out of what you want and pooh-pooh that which you don't want to accept.

I will stand behind what you guys want to do if you do something collectively at all. It will only work in numbers. Class action is all you can hope for in situations as of this.

Perhaps color, you're missing one major point of this whole deal.

In my state, Pennsylvania, there are thousands upon thousands of construction, handyman, repair, remodeler and whatever else they are called type of businesses. Some are legally set up while others are back-yard hacks. Some speak English and many don't. Nonetheless, they all do business and in the end, many customers are given rather shoddy work and are left to fend for themselves to get the job completed again, by someone capable. Some years ago, the state set up a standard where if you want to be a credited business, you must apply for an additional licesne. Also, if you do more than $5,000 a year, it is mandatory you sign up. Now, when a customer calls anyone, they must show proof of this special license and it's to guarantee, you'll have a competent person or company providing your work.
Sound at all familiar ?? :popcorn:
As discussed on this very site time and time again.... there are countless worthless sign shops out there pretending to be the end-all to making signs, electrical work, and yes.... even wraps. Did you ever consider that for 3M to make this model work and protect the end-user, they must make a standard which everyone has to come up to ?? As for those bad wraps you've seen, I've seen FAR more by plain local guys who can't do jack and are getting paid. As 3M finds the hacks which have fallen through the cracks, they will abandon them and look for more qualified installers, such as your shop and some of the other guys/gals on this site. They'll probably build a short-lived empire doing this and it's always better to be part of something good, then to be on the outside looking in and b!tching about something which may be just a misunderstanding.

If you don't like this approach, don't count me out to still help. :rock-n-roll:

CheapVehicleWrap

Gino.. i like how pa allows anyone to build an entire house with no licences whatsoever...

There simply is not a supply of people installers/designers that have pride and patience to do wraps correctly to have a wrap shop on every corner. In 3M's mind; wraps never took off.

Status
Not open for further replies.