• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks a LOT,,NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman

Many kudos to the ones who ruined a celebratory post from OP... NOT!
The post is gone now. I hope YOU are HAPPY....

He is celebrating his escape from the jaws of death on an un-nameable day and a few just had to inject some unnecessary unneeded comments. How friggin cruel can some people be?

If a post doesn't suit your sensibilities then simply move on..
This liberal PC nonsense is out of control.

HulkSmash

I decided to stay out of that one. Somethings are fun, and harmless... others are just plain stupid...

SignosaurusRex

He is celebrating his escape from the jaws of death on an un-nameable day and a few just had to inject some unnecessary unneeded comments. How friggin cruel can some people be?

:goodpost: X 100

Happy New Birthday "Old Paint" !!!

slipperyfrog

:goodpost:

Well put.

John L

I missed reading through that thread but I am really glad OP is still with us. That rascal kas obviously been through a lot and has quite a constitution. Why not just delete the bad posts and click the ban button a few times.

Joe Diaz

I agree with most of what you have to say, but let try not to cast such a wide net, especially considering that a few of those guys posting are far from "liberal".

This was just a simple case of being considerate or not, for me it had little to do with ideology. I know plenty of people who have similar beliefs, but would have never dragged op's thread down in the way these folks did.

Other than that I agree with you.

Circleville Signs

I agree with most of what you have to say, but let try not to cast such a wide net, especially considering that a few of those guys posting are far from "liberal".

This was just a simple case of being considerate or not, for me it had little to do with ideology. I know plenty of people who have similar beliefs, but would have never dragged op's thread down in the way these folks did.

Joe has a much better way with words than i do - but I agree 100%.

I would have said that some people have **** in their Wheaties on a daily basis, and therefore want to **** in everyone else's.

:peace!:

Vinylman

Techman, THANKS for posting this.

Those who will wonder what precipitates your post only need to know that certain proponents of a form of "higher enlightenment", IF it in fact can be referred to in that way?

Those few who continue to interject their personal bias into threads that make ANY reference to "Creation, God, or beliefs" that don't line up with their own form of self worshiping ignorance always manage to take away the good things that others here on Signs 101 appreciate and come here to enjoy. That being, carring about someone other than them selves, and sharing the celebration of others victories, or travesties in order to help one another. Their form of narcissism will eventually be their down fall.

We have to tolerate their condescending intolerance in the name of Political Correctness. B.S.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Being a participant in the thread discussed, I can only say, I was not trying to destroy OldPaint's thread, but to help allow it to be what it was as Tech has pointed out.... a celebration. I'm sorry, if I contributed in a negative manner, but some things never change.

genericname

I came here to say exactly that.

Also, as Signosaurus said, happy new birthday, OldPaint!

Fellow secularists, I know some of the context of the previous thread may have bothered you, but please walk in his shoes for a moment. What if you posted something innocently punctuated with "...being the nonbeliever that I am..." or "...thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that.", and someone turned your post into a soapbox from which to ridicule you. Everyone thinks they're right, but nobody needs to be an elitist about it.

Haakon

I read the other thread yesterday when there was just the original post and 1 reply, and I can only gather from the original post in this thread that has been deleted because of comments based on religion, even if the thread only stated that the day mentioned is a reminder from now on from the brush of death by OP.

I can TOTALLY relate to this, because on Friday the 13th 2001 (which coincidentally also happened to be another "special friday" that year) I was involved in a major car accident with very severe injuries that was touch and go regarding surviving it, but after being helicoptered to the hospital and a week in intensive care, things improved and a month later I could leave the hospital in a wheelchair. A year later I could walk again without crutches, and now 11 years later I almost function fully with just some daily leg pains and reduced movement.

I am neither superstitious or religious, but whenever a Friday 13th or good Friday comes around, I am off course reminded of my close call, just like Old Paint was trying to get through.

I must add that I frequent a lot of different forums across the world, and I can honestly say that this is the only one that religion and beliefs take off to the point that threads have to be deleted, and it is also the forum with the most "grown ups" on it, food for thought... Maybe things are a little more chilled over here in Europe..

Attachments

• gtr.jpg
    gtr.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 81

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Maybe things are a little more chilled over here in Europe..

living in europe for 18 months i can agree they are a little more chill, a little too chill for me, i like living with wolverines, keeps you on your toes.....

Marlene

Being a participant in the thread discussed, I can only say, I was not trying to destroy OldPaint's thread, but to help allow it to be what it was as Tech has pointed out.... a celebration. I'm sorry, if I contributed in a negative manner, but some things never change.

me too. I hope that what I said didn't throw fuel on the fire. it just ticked me off to see someone just have to bring up their own beliefs or lack of, into a thread that was clearly written by OP who felt there was a deeper meaning to the day and belittle his beliefs. not the time or place. I had to leave after posting so I have no idea how bad it got but since it's been deleted, I can only assume things got out of hand.

OP, I am so glad that you are with us and I am so glad that you feel a connection to Palm Sunday and see your happy return to life as something to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.