• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks a LOT,,NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanneji

OP's post was not about reason, it was about a celebration for him. Do you believe in celebrating birthdays? I mean it is just surviving another trip around the sun. Who cares? There are 7 billion people on this earth and you are just one of them. Who cares? Why do you feel the need to butt in to every single mention of religion? Are you that insecure in your own life that you need to thrust your "intelligence" on other people no matter what the topic? Just let OP or whoever have their celebration and if they mention religion and you don't agree, why be rude about it? Just move on ... Ignoring that post is not infringing on your rights to an open forum, it's just called being a caring thinking human being.

HulkSmash

OP's post was not about reason, it was about a celebration for him. Do you believe in celebrating birthdays? I mean it is just surviving another trip around the sun. Who cares? There are 7 billion people on this earth and you are just one of them. Who cares? Why do you feel the need to butt in to every single mention of religion? Are you that insecure in your own life that you need to thrust your "intelligence" on other people no matter what the topic? Just let OP or whoever have their celebration and if they mention religion and you don't agree, why be rude about it? Just move on ... Ignoring that post is not infringing on your rights to an open forum, it's just called being a caring thinking human being.

:goodpost:

Colin

... why be rude about it?

There was no rudeness in what I said. I can't help it if the spring of "offence" is wound so tight that it detonates upon the slightest comment.

Just move on ... Ignoring that post is not infringing on your rights to an open forum, it's just called being a caring thinking human being.

But your suggested muzzling is infringing on my rights to an open forum. It is because I care and think that I make the comments that I do. Just admit that you want a one-way street with special treatment.

Si Allen

I think it is time that Colin and all the other a-holes who have no self control and cannot stop being such a PITA ... get banned from this site!

tanneji

Congrats Colin!!! You have converted all of the believers with your kind words and genius level of intelligence. Your time is best served moving on to another community with religious people in it. No need to waste any more time here with us idiots!!! I know you were only sticking around for that. It couldn't be that there are intelligent people on here ... I mean after all, if people are sooooo stupid as to believe in a God they are surely too stupid to be of any assistance to someone so sage as you. Thanks for your time, your service is done!! Way to go sport!

(By the way, I never suggested muzzling ... I suggested self control. Big difference. But someone as smart as you obviously knows that.)

iSign

I think it is time that Colin and all the other a-holes who have no self control and cannot stop being such a PITA ... get banned from this site!
after 44 posts, my only comment is the same one I thought of when I read the opening post (& I missed OP's thread)

ban Colin... he has, (in my entirely unsolicited opinion) done far more harm to this community than good... over and over and over...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was going to start a new thread about this, but thought.... why start still yet another about religion and have it locked down ??

This is not discussing religion, but more of an observance of how someone's thinking spills out onto others and then we're supposed to act rationally, while they don't with simple specific words aimed towards creating arguments.

Anyway, I finally read one of Colin’s links to his beliefs and people he admires and looks up to. Guess what it said real big behind the man’s name ??
Antagonistic AtheismNow, I understand.

It’s not enough to be an atheist, but in his world… you must be antagonistic against anyone. This is quite a lot like terrorists wanting all infidels dead regardless of their background. They are all viewed the same. Now, Colin doesn’t want anyone dead, but he can’t help himself from condemning anyone with a religious bone in their body. The other term coming up a lot is “New Atheism”. Seems it is their goal to just argue for the sake of arguing. Not to help or feel for your fellow man, but just to be opposite. Some of these people didn’t get along with others in their families, let alone mainstream people. Extremists, generally don’t do much for a cause no matter what the base root for it is.

I know I'll be flamed, but it's more clear now, why he needs to always have a confrontation... even when its not necessary. He's a follower and has been taught this is how to approach 'others'.

Locals Find!

Colin, I have one simple question for you would you have felt the same overwhelming desire to comment if OP said that "Labor Day" or "Veterans Day" or "Memorial Day" now held special meaning for him?? Those are totally secular holidays and not related to any religious preference I am currently aware of.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There was no rudeness in what I said. I can't help it if the spring of "offence" is wound so tight that it detonates upon the slightest comment.

But your suggested muzzling is infringing on my rights to an open forum. It is because I care and think that I make the comments that I do. Just admit that you want a one-way street with special treatment.

Of course you can help it. You choose not to.

You only have a right to an "open forum" to the extent of staying within the posted rules. Then, of course, there's a matter of learning from past experiences. Yours, when they are about atheism, are often highly inflammatory and rarely, if ever, result in anything good coming out of them. In case you are not aware, it was your last thread in the NHB forum that convinced me to shut down the NHB. Certainly not all by itself, but definitely the straw that broke the camel's back.

So let me be clear. You, as an individual, are prohibited from posting any religious, anti-religious, or political content on this forum regardless of any other member posts.

Last edited:

Techman

To the few that just don't get it...
If things offend ya. If you cannot ignore it,,,, Stick a Binky in your mouth and suck on it so you cannot say anything,, relieve your anal spewings where they belong,, change your diaper,, get your Butt Hurt award and deal with it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Let's see if I have this right...

It's acceptable for someone to post of an experience pointing out that the event was coincident with events in christian mythology and then alluding that he perhaps was snatched from the jaws of death by the grace of some sky-god or another.

But it's unacceptable to remark on the coincidental aspect of his experience.

Is that the Way Things Are?

Seems rather one-sided.

Locals Find!

Bob, if your standing in line at McDonalds and the man in front of you is 900 lbs and orders himself 4 big macs, a large fry and a large Coke. Do you tell him he shouldn't eat that or just keep your mouth shut?

Same basic rules I think are being applied here as we learned in Kindergarten. "If you have nothing nice to say sometimes its best to not say anything at all"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, although you were on my side in this heated debate, don't puff yourself up too much. Fred has spoken and the rules are now quite clear. The others are just testing the waters.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Bow wow
dog27.gif

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Let's see if I have this right...

It's acceptable for someone to post of an experience pointing out that the event was coincident with events in christian mythology and then alluding that he perhaps was snatched from the jaws of death by the grace of some sky-god or another.

But it's unacceptable to remark on the coincidental aspect of his experience.

Is that the Way Things Are?

Seems rather one-sided.

:pops_blinking: It's an Admin perk.

Border

:pops_blinking: It's an Admin perk.

And there you have it. Crap, I would'a rolled that one out right outta the gate. I could never pretend to be even 1/10 as capable as Fred is at managing a site such as this one.

My BAN knob would probably go all the way to eleven and be pegged...often.

:notworthy:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Same basic rules I think are being applied here as we learned in Kindergarten. "If you have nothing nice to say sometimes its best to not say anything at all"

Had your kindergarten handlers dropped the word 'nice' from their mantra you might have had something to carry with you all of your days.

That would yield "If you have nothing to say sometimes its best to not say anything at all". There now, doesn't that play better?

Status
Not open for further replies.