• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks a LOT,,NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSign

pro wraps...
I said Ban him, and it don't have a god damned thing to do with his freaking views either...

if I take a handful of color glossy 8x10's of the majestic scenery around here & shove the phuqin' prints so far up the esophagus of my fellow man that he can in no way possible ever be ignorant or forgetful of my precious all important view... then I hope you carry a torch among they rabble who march to run me out of this community...

...and if that day comes, I will somehow still retain the infantile sensibilities required to recognize that it was never my "views" in question

ProWraps

da fuh? i need to go to costco and get another 1.75 to understand that one. ill shop for a DICKshonary whilst im at it.

and sorry isign. you are a much bigger ******* than colin. you admitedly pride yourself in it. the stones you cast come from your own house. this thread is seriously pathetic. on so many levels.

i am a MASSIVE ATHEIST. will you chose to persecute my views as well? just because i dont show them, am i to go forth and subtract?

why so much hate?

J

john1

Wow, I log in to check out 101 since i been out at meetings and installs the majority of the day and it's a war zone.

Can we even "phart" around here anymore or is that forbidden?

ProWraps

really? wtf did you just do up there ^^^ the only one that shoved a view was you. colin stated his view.

admittedly different than yours. but he never wished to "subtract" anyone. i think you need some serious introspection.

hatred is the backside of ignorance. to wish that a family subtracts itself is nothing short of hate.

i in my atheist ways have a forgivness for you and your wishes.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:omg:

Attachments

• outofcontrol.jpg
    outofcontrol.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 83

iSign

i am a massive atheist. Will you chose to persecute my views as well? Just because i dont show them, am i to go forth and subtract?

Why so much hate?

persecute your views? Me?

...why would anyone think i would do that?

Have i ever done that? Saying "as well" implies that you think so...

Show me one out of 14,000 posts where i have ever done that!

There are a few people here who might actually hurt my feelings calling me an *******... Fortunately for me, you are far from being one of them

iSign

"go forth and subtract" was clearly nothing more than a religious joke...

if that comment registers higher on your radar then "ban him" I will refrain from quitting my day job for a life as a comedian...

ProWraps

ill be the first to say i didnt get it.

i guess this threw me off:

we see what you show us fool...

don't bloat yerself up with yer fleeting moment of humility, you revel in your incessant inflammatory drivel, and act innocent when your intentions are successful..

you are the worst kind of pot stirring miscreant.. the kind too weak and shallow to admit to his malice...

it should be clear i missunderstood.... :noway:

iSign

ill be the first to say i didnt get it.

i guess this threw me off:

(blah blah isign drivel blah)

it should be clear i missunderstood.... :noway:

Colin wrote:

It really saddens me to see so many of you so full of hatred. I guess you see what you want to see.

so I replied that "we see what he shows us"... which I fully believe is true.

...adding "fool" was because I don't for a nano second buy that he doesn't get it, and just thinks his oppressors are simply a bunch of haters...

I'd bet $100 he knows damn well we are just sick of the chit he throws out there, and if he didn't get the rise out of people that I claim he is after... he would throw more chit until he got it. ...and that is exactly why he doesn't belong here IMO... not in the least way is this opinion based on his "views"

I never said I "hated" him, nor did I see anyone else either...

...but I can honestly say that I believe he does more harm than good for this community.. and this is taking into account years and years of tolerance of his (apparent) best efforts to work within a set of rules...

...there is no rule that I can not be an *******, but where rules do infringe on my own preferred behavior, I believe I have tailored the ******* you see here to be within acceptable behavioral criteria - generally speaking...

iSign

...sorry isign. you are a much bigger ******* than colin. you admitedly pride yourself in it.

I wouldn't entirely agree that I pride myself in my moments of contempt... but the fact that I have moments that cross the line into maliciousness, I would far rather be the kind of man able to stand up and confess my sins then be the kind "too weak and shallow to admit to his malice"...

you won't see me saying "what, I offended someone? ...well you must see what you want to see... you bunch of haters" :Sleeping:

CustomEyes Design

a newcomer's impressions...

As I read/studied this thread, I was struck by some intriguing patterns. I have bolded these in the quotes, and offered my impressions below:

... But he didn't just state that "it's been a year now and it's good to be alive", he said:
"...and at 4:17 pm I was DEAD. Easter Sunday I woke from a 6 day coma. Being that palm Sunday, good Friday & Easter change year to year, and these are now personally important days in my now life, I cant ever see easter as just another holiday period. I got the message."

... the reality of the situation; bob and I made what amounts to a one-liner reply, ... They are the ones who can't tolerate even the slightest voice of reason and rationality. Does your face really need to turn purple because someone else actually thinks? [We had no] intent on upsetting anyone, especially OP, but when a person makes an assertion of the supernatural, a sober one-line reply is not rude or hostile.

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence. (Bertrand Russell)

First you need to display how such benign, unhostile words of reason are so incredibly damaging to a grown adult man as OP.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life except religion. Why are we praised by godly men for surrendering our “godly gift” of reason when we cross their mental thresholds? (Christopher Hitchens)

ummmmm you [Colin] said
"OP survived for one reason and one reason only; the hard work of the medical field (science, doctors, surgeons, etc). It's insulting to all those people who work unbelievably hard to get to be doctors & surgeons, and when they save a person's life, all the mindless, religiously hypnotized people can regurgitate is "Yay.....god did it!".

There was no rudeness in what I said. I can't help it if the spring of "offence" is wound so tight that it detonates upon the slightest comment.

It's acceptable for someone to post of an experience pointing out that the event was coincident with events in christian mythology and then alluding that he perhaps was snatched from the jaws of death by the grace of some sky-god or another.
But it's unacceptable to remark on the coincidental aspect of his experience.
bob's signature:
Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings.
Every time a horn honks an angel gets set on fire.

• the parties complaining about being censored begin with a proposed censorship of the original post
  • numerous phrases with rude and hostile connotations comprising their claims of being neither rude nor hostile
  • the blue-highlighted quotes from some Antagonistic Athiest Anthology - in contrast to the lack of biblical quotations about self-righteousness, the arrogance of man, self-control, or taming the tongue
  • ignorance of the difference between a religious topic and a personal account
  • ignorance of the difference between censorship and self-control

I cannot help thinking these parties do protest too much, methinks...

I also cannot help but think of the upcoming documentary Bully, and Fred's admonition of the community for not using the "Bully Button" he has provided for us
  • At any time, any of you could have clicked on the Report a Post button and I would have been able to selectively remove posts that were over the line. None of you did so.
  • At any time, any of you could have posted your objection or concern that such posts would get the thread removed. To the best of my knowledge, none of you did.
To the many of you that care about how well Signs 101 runs, I submit that a large part of that is best handled by individual members being actively involved in providing actions to correct a problem when it occurs.

CES020

I wonder what it's like going through life bringing out the worst in people. Now there's something to be proud of in your life.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You know, it's fine to have an opinion, a belief or just word something the way you desire or see fit....... however, why is it, the same few, time and time again, take refuge behind censorship calling out everyone, while they could easily just report it from the git-go as Fred mentioned or just look at another thread ??

So, let me get this straight.... if I mention Chrsitmas, or the Easter Bunny.... I'm gonna get humiliated by that same certain few. Although some of this few.... watch utubes with people using the Lord's name in vain.... is acceptable, not to mention the vulgarity needed in order to get their point across ?? Is that what it takes to make one stop believing in God or some other Heavenly figure ?? Do you same people celebrate Christmas or are you over the edge and celebrate Winter Solstice Day ?? You never use the word HELL or other words taken in vain ?? I mean, if you don't believe..... why use terminology in which you don't believe ??

Seriously, it's has nothing to do with religion, believing or not believing.... it has to do with being confrontational. I know many atheists and not one of them carry on the way you guys do. I have no problem with a non-believer. Like I said, I'm not a good Christian, but I follow as well as I can. If I was a perfect Christian.... well, we all know there can't be. I guess there cannot be perfect atheists either, according to this bunch around here.

I have no problem talking about this stuff, when and where allowed, but it's not allowed here at all anymore, thanks to a certain bunch of bullies, so we can only speak in small bits and pieces..... and that still gets you upset.

All I can say at this point is..... hey Doug.... you're on a roll.... go gettem' :omg2:

:Oops: guess we have to ban that icon..................​

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, it's one thing to be passionate about something regardless of which side of the fence you're on, but to just post nonsense takes a real mental midget going at full speed.

HaroldDesign

This place is much closer to being Fred's home in which the public is invited to talk than it is a public park to take a soapbox. Again the fanatically reasonable just don't understand it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
This place is much closer to being Fred's home in which the public is invited to talk than it is a public park to take a soapbox. Again the fanatically reasonable just don't understand it.

That's it in a nutshell. Don't like the rules or the way Fred handles things? Then maybe this isn't the place for you. Just a thought.

This has gotten to the point of ridiculous when Fred has to single out a member for special rules. Common sense should have told Colin that with as many threads as he has gotten deleted or side-tracked or just plain ruined with his constant dripping of non-belief, that he would eventually get banned. It is a testament to Fred's unending patience that he allows him to stay. I woulda' thrown him out of my house a long time ago. If more people hit the "ignore" button on Colin they wouldn't feel the need to respond either. I feel the same way about anyone that feels the need to constantly preach about their belief. Neither is welcome.

A casual mention of religion and thanking God while celebrating the fact that you are alive shouldn't have become the cause of such an uproar. And a CASUAL mention of non-belief shouldn't cause an uproar either. But slam either one down my throat or start slamming each other and it's a problem - and I think the majority of people on this board feel that way.

Its those few extremists that are the problem and they are the reason that religion - as a topic - can't be discussed here with any civility. A damn shame when you are dealing with supposed adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.