• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on Arlo

Bigdawg

Just Me
His wife is supposed to get the address for me, but she's got a lot going on right now. He is doing about the same as far as I can tell from her posts. I'll update if I see any different...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just got this from his wife:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you about Dave. He is at Regency Hospital, 6801 Oakmont Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76132, Room 119B. He's just maintaining for right now. They can't do anything else for him at the moment except wait for him to show signs that the hole in his intestines is healing, which would be when his three drain bulbs in his abdomen stop filling up. His vitals are all good and that is a blessing at this point. I'm sure he would welcome well wishes from his Signs101 buddies. Thank you for taking care of keeping everyone posted for me.

Marlene

thanks Stacy. I sent him out a card this week and encourage others to do so too as it is always nice to have a bunch of cards in your room to remind you that people care. get better!!! we miss you!!!

GypsyGraphics

When you posted with just the hospital name, I'd looked address. But then I realized, if I just sent a card to Dave, no last name and no room number)... I probably get it back in the mail with, "Dave's Not Here" written across the front.

dave's not here... wasn't that a cheech & chong thing from the early 70's

anyway thanks Stacy!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Woo-Hoo!

Mrs. Arlo just posted this... Very Cool :thumb:

Update....Dave got to have some broth, sprite, apple juice and jello today! Now we shall see what happens tomorrow...baby steps.

SignosaurusRex

**Update....Dave got to have some broth, sprite, apple juice and jello today!
Now we shall see what happens tomorrow...baby steps.**

:omg::covereyes::omg2:
Arlo Buddy, I know you're ready (mentally) for something more substantial so tonight I eat (ate) for you my friend ...my renowned "SignosaurusRex Monster Burger"!!!
1 lb. Montana raised, (straight from the ranch) grass-fed, extra lean Angus beef lightly enhanced with a secret selection of spices and grilled to a perfect medium rare, Topped with melted real cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, tomato, jalapeno, Walla-Walla sweet onion, (sorry they aren't "Texas Sweets") pickles, iceberg lettuce, grilled pastrami, mustard and mayo......all stacked inside of a real butter toasted 6" dia. sourdough bun. :munchie::wink:

I'm thinkin of ya. Get Well Real Soon!!! :thumb:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you about Dave. He is at Regency Hospital, 6801 Oakmont Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76132, Room 119B. He's just maintaining for right now. They can't do anything else for him at the moment except wait for him to show signs that the hole in his intestines is healing, which would be when his three drain bulbs in his abdomen stop filling up. His vitals are all good and that is a blessing at this point. I'm sure he would welcome well wishes from his Signs101 buddies. Thank you for taking care of keeping everyone posted for me.
This is from my wife's FB page in a message to Bigdawg I think.Here is the official, firsthand (yet down to the last brain cell) update. It is as exciting as trying to give yourself a professional pedicure with a less than youthful belly hanging in your line of sight.

Each and every day begins when I open an eye.There's no calendar, just a dimly lit clock. Several times it's like I wake up to an episode of the Twilight Zone. I don't know where I am, who the people are I see moving in the hallway, and then I become aware of several tubes hanging out of my nose and body and slowly begin to realize that I'm in the hospital yet another day. What started out as supposedly a routine surgery ended up as my typical surgical nightmare.

Hoping to be healed soon and out of this place. There's no place like home for sure. Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes. I will be back on again soon, when I can talk my daughter into borrowing her laptop one more time.

Dave aka Arlo

TheSellOut

Keep fighting and getting better each day Arlo!! It's been over a month since i've been here and I filled up after post #1 of this thread, as I continue to read it's great to hear you taking steps towards getting better. It won't soon enough but before you know it you'll back at that "home sweet home" with your wonderful wife!! Thank you Mrs. Arlo for keeping us updated...I wish you both the best!