• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl cutter for automotive parts business

:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big LaughWay too funny Shovel!!
I am going to bash Special FX for having the most corniest name for a business that he knows sweet FA-ll about and for being an arrogant prick!! I'll be happy when he fades away back to the hole that he crept out of after he realizes that one can't enter this industry and treat it like a second rate hobby!!:beer

ROTFLMAO Mr. Drane aka arrogant personified perhaps?

How can you make so many assumptions with so little knowledge about me or my business and be so freakin' wrong and think you know it all? :help:

My business name is Special Effects, my login simply a shortened version.
My business name (at least initially) has nothing to do with signs/sign making. I have owned a video store for 18+ years and the name thusly reflects that industry, as well as my companion business which is designing print work such as brochures, biz cards, and the like. Since I use various printers & copiers and I am fluent in MS Pub, Photoshop and Corel Draw, I chose to provide additional services in the design of apparel, such as custom photo Tee-shirts & related items. (Mugs, mousepads, jewelry).

This logical evolution is now taking me into the field of some basic signage for my own and well as my husbands C-store as well as my sign service starved customer base. Due to the fact that there is little competition in my town or general area, I have considered branching out.

So... I HAVE done a good bit of homework, I work hard, 65+ hours a week, my business pays my mortgage payment, my customers can call me 24/7, I publish my cell phone # in my brochures and on my biz cards. I am regarded quite highly here and people know that if they can't find someone to perform whatever task or service they need; that they only need to walk in my store and ask me and I WILL get it done. I have even taken in apparel alterations for the auto dealer when he could find no one to do the work. There is very little that I can not do, and I don't beg others do do my work for free, I take it upon myself to learn the craft. If it is beyond my capabilities, I admit this and go to the experts in the field. (Which incidentally, is what I came here for.) I have worked with a couple of wonderful people on this forum who have provided me with items I am not able to create in house. (Thanks again, Gerry aka JackPine ;-) and the rest of you.)

IMHO, you, Mr. Drane, have a lousy attitude and I'll make my own assumptions as to why, but I will keep them to myself. :wink:

Incidentally, I am a 60 yr young woman who consistently passes for 45, most likely due to my strong work ethics.
Go have another beer...:beer You need it, lol.

Jack of all trades.................master of none.

Another thought... I'm not at all a "Jack" and I may not be your idea of an expert in a particular field...

but...hehehe....I prefer to think of myself as versatile, multi faceted and well-rounded...:wink::wink:

and I do just fine, thank you. :tongue:

weaselboogie

Another thought... I'm not at all a "Jack" and I may not be your idea of an expert in a particular field...

but...hehehe....I prefer to think of myself as versatile, multi faceted and well-rounded...:wink::wink:

The more I read your posts, the more I tend to disagree with this. You might be diverse with your customers, but you tend to think rather narrow-minded in business. I tried to compose a response to your questions, but it seems that I have wasted my time. I sincerely thought that you were asking serious questions, but judging by your responses, you were just making cynical statements in the form of questions. Obviously, you are unfulfilled here, so I'm not quite sure why you continue to waste your time here. You're not open to suggestions and obviously already have all the answers. Congratulations, you're a winner.

Flame

Madam, you are a hobbyist argueing with professionals. Neither are going to see eye-to-eye because each views this industry in a much different manner.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Dave Drane is not arrogant, he's Australian...

You could have saved a lot of typing by responding in a well worded Aussie comeback, a well worded comeback might be...

"No use getting narked, just wanted a fair go mate, if not, then larrikan or knocker, how's about you rack-off banana bender..."

Don't say that too loud..

LOL...Oh hell..I don't do signs with it, I've been using PCs since the Atari 800XL, when the operating system was on a 5.25 floppy. MS Pub was the first artistic DTP and I can do just about anything I want with it, I'm not ashamed. It's been my tool of choice for many years and for brochures, fliers and newsletters, there's nothing I'd want better. I'd rather spend the mony I save on that program on steak and lobster dinners ;-) The trick is knowing all the secrets!

OldPaint

you still havent answered me....if you are near STUBENVILLE, CANTON........some strange people live there(i know)))))))))

D

DARLAK

IMHO, you, Mr. Drane, have a lousy attitude and I'll make my own assumptions as to why, but I will keep them to myself.

the world must be coming to an end....

first the arch-enemies become friends, now the good guy becomes the bad.....

The more I read your posts, the more I tend to disagree with this. You might be diverse with your customers, but you tend to think rather narrow-minded in business. I tried to compose a response to your questions, but it seems that I have wasted my time. I sincerely thought that you were asking serious questions, but judging by your responses, you were just making cynical statements in the form of questions. Obviously, you are unfulfilled here, so I'm not quite sure why you continue to waste your time here. You're not open to suggestions and obviously already have all the answers. Congratulations, you're a winner.

Ah Weez...cut me some slack here... How can you say I'm not open to suggestions? I responded to a number of suggestions with a positive attitude. I even listened to your suggestion and I already ordered the "Mastering Layout: On the Art of Eye Appeal" by Mike Stevens I hope it's the right book, as the date at amazon.com states
"Publisher: ST Media Group Int'l Inc.; 1 edition (January 1, 1986)" which I believe makes it 22 years old, Is this the book you were refering to?

I read your reply to my questions with great interest, and I can see you are an insightful and thought provoking person. I didn't respond to your long reply as I was fighting to explain myself (although why tf is this necessary?) to some of the jer...UH, 'members' who just insist on bullying and making some new members feel inferior and ignorant.

I've been making some new friends via the PM's so a few tough guys are not gonna scare me away from my quest for knowledge. I'll glean what I need from the rest of the very nice and helpful and supportive members here, and I'll not argue again with the people I've encountered (and obviously irritated) on this particular thread. (I made a list!) I had a few hours off yesterday, and I may have wasted a bit of it here trying to get some men who don't really give a sh** to undertand me. I won't make that mistake again, I am a fast learner. Jill has given me some invaluable help (and incidentally-I DID offer her financial compensation for her expertise).

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I do disagree with your view that I am "narrow minded in my business". If I "had all the answers" I would not be here asking questions. I think there are way too many suppositions being made based on a few brief paragraghs of dialogue. I try not to assume anything, ever.

Thanks for your help...I do take all serious suggestions AND criticisms to heart.

Have a profitable day!