• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wait a minute thats my sign....

petepaz

i did something like that a few years ago and it was a pretty good sign but i just took a pic of the portion that i did (it was a business complex and i replaced one of the signs for a new company and there was a few signs above and one below so i just cropped them out of the pic) but i guess if all you have is out for lunch you have to add some dressing to your sandwich to make it look better

fmg

You wanna be decent..... do what fmg said. :thankyou:
You wanna be like a normal person... go over there and break his frickin' jaw. :Oops:

He stole something from you knowingly and is using it for his own gain, so there's no need to treat this as if he's done something by mistake. He needs to be taught a lesson.

I did this to a guy many years ago. I really didn't break his jaw, but I gave him so much chit... he was super glad to remove my sign from his front lobby area and out of his photo album. This was BI.... [before internet].

His shop was a few miles away from mine. Oh yeah, he's long gone out of business, so your liar cheat of a competitor probably won't last long if he thinks stealing is an Okay business tactic. :rolleyes:
Thank heavens I ain't normal!:banghead:

"Deposit Please"

Hmm, what would i do? Post an ad on craigslist with a link to their website with office phone number. All signs are half off with free design time. No deposit is required. Hurry, this huge sale is for a limited time, taking Phone calls only.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
the company is lake george signs and the pic attached is my sign with an example of their vinyl black and white signs below it ugh i did this probably 12 years ago maybe they think i am dead
View attachment 58377

Are they claiming it's a sign they did...or simply saying it's "an example of a black and white sign"? There's a difference. I'm sure all you have to do it tell them they don't have permission to use your sign as an example...and they would change it. Not quite sure why you haven't done that yet...but seems to me, to be the simplest and most direct course of action. I'm just sayin'

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey fmg.....

Are you trying to tell me that if a person walks into the 7/11 takes cash out of the cash register drawer and then announces this on his website, you want the Police to knock on his door to discuss this with all the evidence of cameras, finger prints, material on your website and advertising that it's really your money.... you'd be satisfied if they said..... well, he had a good reason for stealing it, we'll let it go ?? Being wrong and deceitful is Okay in your book ??

Yeah, you're not normal.

:omg: You must be an illegal alien.​

GoodPeopleFlags

I agree with Kentucky. He might not be saying he did that sign but can do signs like it, which is still implying that he made it.

There are companies that will let you use pics of their signs on your site as an example of what you can do. HOWEVER, they want you to use them for their gain. That company posting up your work without permission is flat out WRONG and he/she should take it down or get your permission and give you credit for it.

Call 'em! And let us know what happens!

signmeup

Saw the pic. They aren't claiming they made the sign but it's still not right.
Grow a pair and at least email them about it.

SignosaurusRex

from looking at their website, its pretty clear that they are claiming your sign as their own work. Its in their PORTFOLIO!

surf city

the company is lake george signs and the pic attached is my sign with an example of their vinyl black and white signs below it ugh i did this probably 12 years ago maybe they think i am dead
View attachment 58377

Well I would say it's safe to say that your very much alive judging from the pic of you on your fatboy from another post but, I would definately confront this person. But, they are going to say that they only were really tying to show the bottom sign they did in vinyl. It happened to me, some people are just jackasses.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With this title and caption, there is no mistaking, this person is taking full credit for the sign.

bend in the river.jpg
One can clearly see the bottom white panel is some aluminum substrate with that dent in it.

Techman

Then twitter/facebook them into shame.

This is becoming illegal in some states. Be very careful about that. It's called business interference and can bring some hefty legal problems.

fmg

I doubt you will win this one.Court costs alone will set you back and the bottom line is they will say 'It's our work we added to an existing sign.Didn't think anything of it" Best you just ask them to remove it nicely from their website.
Good luck!

weaselboogie

Go to their website.

Does that look like they're claiming they made the bottom one?

"Bend of the River Golf Course"
PICTURE
"Sign made from 1/2" MDO plywood painted with industrial enamel paint with vinyl lettering and print"

I wanted to link directly to it, but if they use any sort of web tracking, they can see where all of the hits are coming from

fmg

Out of curiosity. Do you have a copyright on your sign or image that you say is yours? Do you own the rights to publishing that image?

Tim Aucoin

I made an "anonymous" inquiry without using any names but my own. I didn't even disclose how I knew someone else had made the sign. Here's their reply....

Hello Tim, We did not make the original sign as to design and creation. I
did make the sign as if it was the original. The original sign was quite
weather damaged. So yes I built the sign you see there I remade an exact
replica and no I did not design the original. I will be sure to change it on
my website so people realize it's a replica of the original. I do not wish
to claim someone else's design as mine.

:rolleyes: