• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wait a minute thats my sign....

iSign

do you even realize the Op wrote all of 2 sentences out of 61 replies so far?

Clearly she has not said enough to justify your scathing reviews of her, in the interest of painting her as the one doing the slandering...

Locals Find!

do you even realize the Op wrote all of 2 sentences out of 61 replies so far?

Clearly she has not said enough to justify your scathing reviews of her, in the interest of painting her as the one doing the slandering...

so what do you do when you stumble on a local sign shop that is using one of your signs in their examples section not only on site but on the web?
:banghead:

the company is lake george signs and the pic attached is my sign with an example of their vinyl black and white signs below it ugh i did this probably 12 years ago maybe they think i am dead
View attachment 58377

Oh yes, I am quite aware. The second post clearly showed intent. The OP laid claim to a Sign that wasn't their sign. The OP hadn't installed or built the sign in question. The artwork may be in question and the shop that built it has freely admitted their intent wasn't to lay claim to the artwork.

So, yes calling that SHOP out by name and saying that the work was stolen. When it clearly wasn't (by the OPs own admission of the original work being 12 years old) is slander. The shop mentioned did nothing wrong. So this thread implying that Lake George signs are thieves would have come up in a Google Search for Lake George signs where a potential and/or current client(s) of theirs might get the impression this shop is dishonest. When clearly that is not the case as proven by Tim.

I wouldn't want that to be done to You, Myself or any other shop. Would you?

iSign

everything is so "clearly" obvious to you... because you CHOOSE to believe everything said by the absolute stranger, BUSTED for an irresponsible misrepresentation... what would you expect him to say...

and you CHOOSE to embellish, accentuate the negative & not believe ANY of the comments from a member here...

...you are SURE the sign was really beyond repair, you are SURE the OP knew that, you are SURE the other shop never intended for assumptions to be made regarding them representing the quality of the OP's design...

yep... you got it alll figured out!!

Locals Find!

everything is so "clearly" obvious to you... because you CHOOSE to believe everything said by the absolute stranger, BUSTED for an irresponsible misrepresentation... what would you expect him to say...

and you CHOOSE to embellish, accentuate the negative & not believe ANY of the comments from a member here...

...you are SURE the sign was really beyond repair, you are SURE the OP knew that, you are SURE the other shop never intended for assumptions to be made regarding them representing the quality of the OP's design...

yep... you got it alll figured out!!

Ok, Wise Guy how do you repair a 12 year old 1/2" MDO sign??? If you know something why don't you share it??

I have never seen a way to repair anything plywood that old exposed to the elements for that long in Florida and I have to assume its worse elsewhere in the World since we have fairly pleasant weather year round.

BTW, have you looked at his site or the image in question?? Where on there does it say anything about the Design?? It simply states the materials used to fabricate the sign. You can't be responsible for assumptions made by others. Unless there was a very clear intent to deceive.

Your opinion is the OP did the design and didn't contract it out. Which was never stated. So while you base your opinions on make believe. I base mine on statements made by the OP and another member who took the time to contact the shop in question.

Do you get off arguing with me, knowing I am right? Is this a Jealousy thing??

signmeup

Oh my... looks like someone in Tacoma Washington stole your artwork adtechia.

Last edited:

JR's

Signmeup, no one will step out side with you. you have your new belt on. (congratulations) by the way.

JR

Locals Find!

http://www.adtechia.com/vehicle_wraps.cfm (woodland industries honda)

http://www.wrapjax.com/# ( hover over honda on left side - woodland industries- same car )

???

Corporate logo we used to design the rest. So yeah that is my wrap design with the logo worked into the design on my website. I am sure I am not the only company that has been hired. Probably won't be the last either.

Upon looking closely you can see the differences between our two designs. On their design the logo goes at a much higher angle, is larger and goes closer to the front wheel well. Their design is actually much better than mine.

iSign

Ok, Wise Guy how do you repair a 12 year old 1/2" MDO sign??? If you know something why don't you share it??

Do you get off arguing with me, knowing I am right? Is this a Jealousy thing??

...yeah, I'm jealous because while you were here arguing with yourself...

...I had to go make $500 drawing a truck logo!

...but at least Camtasia recorded the design process for my presentation to the field trip of 30 high school graphic artists here in about 4 hours...

share it? ...ok:

Wes Phifer

There is a local sign company here that has a portfolio of LED message boards. It includes 5 signs. I know that he didn't build 4 of the signs the EMC is attached to. Does that count?

Bigdawg

Just Me
So, after reading all the posts on here. I have come to the conclusion that you were trying to claim this guy was stealing your work which wasn't even your work. He made the sign and put it in his portfolio. Your on here trying to bad mouth him when your sign was already torn down because, it fell apart.

So, you had nothing better to do with your day then try and bad mouth a guy for being better at this business then you.

Do I have this right so far?

I'm not going to wade into your's and iSigns pissing match. But you make a lot of <wrong> assumptions.

Why would you assume the OP knew the sign was replaced? Got some inside knowledge? Perhaps a crystal ball?

Didn't think so.

The shop that replaced it did nothing wrong - but neither did the OP - although I wouldn't have mentioned the other company's name. But in the heat of thinking someone ripped off your work, you can post some things you wish you hadn't.

There was no reason for your assumptions or your vicious personal attack.

You sir... are a jerk.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not going to wade into your's and iSigns pissing match. But you make a lot of <wrong> assumptions.

Why would you assume the OP knew the sign was replaced? Got some inside knowledge? Perhaps a crystal ball?

Didn't think so.

The shop that replaced it did nothing wrong - but neither did the OP - although I wouldn't have mentioned the other company's name. But in the heat of thinking someone ripped off your work, you can post some things you wish you hadn't.

There was no reason for your assumptions or your vicious personal attack.

You sir... are a jerk.

:ROFLMAO: I've had my ass reamed and handed to me by Stacy, but she never called me a 'jerk'.

Addie...... like I said a long time ago to you. Brokers are not well liked [if at all]..... and you're proving to everyone in this thread why that is so true.

In the opening post I had one outlook on what happened. After finding out it was not the OP's sign any longer, I found this thread kinda useless, but your attitude just doesn't let up no matter how much you're in the wrong.

In my opinion, what you did on your site with that Honda wrap simulation is far worse than what you're pointing fingers at with the OP here in this thread. You.... outright stole a layout almost to the nth degree and are using it as your own design. That's a crock about your part in the design. Your only part was re-aligning it and making it fit your website. Do you realize you aren't playing with a bunch of your customers whom you evidently are trying to pull the wool over their eyes, but you're arguing with people IN the business of doing this stuff day in and day out. They all can smell or spot an impostor very quickly. I wouldn't call you a jerk, but you are as dishonest as I pointed out weeks or months ago. I trust you..... NOT. Wonder why I haven't gotten back to you about my pricing ?? Guess no longer. I don't want to be party to the likes of someone like you.

:thankyou:

andy

+1

For all the huffing and puffing we don't actually have any proof that this sign really isn't the OP's original product with a $hitty bit of PVC stuck underneath by someone else.

This Adtech chap doesn't trust the OP yet bizarrely takes everything the second sign shop say as gospel.

"an identical replica of a pre-existing sign"

That's all you've got to put under the damn photo... if you don't do it's up to you to explain why and provide some concrete evidence that you aren't a content stealing scum bag.

signmeup

Adtechia... I contacted Wrapjax and called them out for posting your work. That Orca granite one is on their site too! The nerve of some people! I will post back what they have to say for themselves.

WTF?!! That Fife Autospa wrap is out in Washington state too! I don't get it.....

Last edited:

weaselboogie

How old is that picture on the website? How long has that site had that picture posted? No one knows either, but if I saw something that I made on another person's site, of course I would assume that it's mine. Just because it's 12 years old doesn't mean that is when that picture was taken and posted. Only after Tim contacted the site did they state that this isn't their design, even stating that they should make mention of it on the site. The OP had every intention of assuming that it was theirs. I would have.

A 12 year old MDO sign isn't uncommon, even here in ohio with 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters. Paint slowly fades, but if the sign were well prepared like wood filled edges, primed and painted with quality paint, it would last even longer if it were maintained... I painted an MDO sign that is still up and no signs of wear and it's still up for 10 years.

chopper

Adtechia... I contacted Wrapjax and called them out for posting your work. That Orca granite one is on their site too! The nerve of some people! I will post back what they have to say for themselves.

WTF?!! That Fife Autospa wrap is out in Washington state too! I don't get it.....

well last time I checked stealing art work was still stealing, unless the art was sold to the customer to use as they choose...
if not the original artist still retains the right to said art work, and is considered to be copyrighted upon its creation,
I believe the ones who are being passive have never been in this situation, if they have they would not feel the same,(unless this is your mode of operation also) I would not condone violence but would let them know how I feel about it, I would also do a drive by and check out the sign and see if they actually re-made it or not.
//chopper
I think I called this right on the money!
//chopper