• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A chance to make a banner! Need a favor

signmeup

I would tighten up the tracking if you must keep all the text. I would also put the yellow star completely on the grey. A yellow star half over a white background isn't going to stand out at a distance.

signmeup

You might want to consider a heavy outline around the star with the gray.

Attachments

• Cantata2.jpg
    Cantata2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 82

AUTO-FX

AUTO FX,

The font is "Caligrapic".... needs to be kerned. The font wasn't the point though. The point was to get the message out as efficiently as possible. People driving by don't have a lot of time to read a banner so keep it short and sweet. IMHO anyway...

Just bustin' yer chops, no malice intended!

AUTO-FX

I like this one , Hightop, it has a nice clean look. I'd like to see a little white between the yellow and the grey. And what Isign says.

Attachments

• Banner 3.jpg
    Banner 3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 104

JimmyG

Just some FYI for those that didn't bother to look it up....

Christ IS COME
Celebrating His Birth, Proclaiming His Majesty
(exactly how it should be typed to reflect the published art on the cover of the sheet music...)

It is a short, 23 minute, choral worship musical for smaller choirs and choirs with limited time that was created by Deborah Craig-Claar and arranged and orchestrated by Dave Williamson...

btw Gino..."the check is in the mail"....:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• ChristIsCome.jpg
    ChristIsCome.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 68

hightop

JimmyG - Yep! That is the cover of the song book. I should have been looking at it more closely. Then "His" would have been capitalized and there wouldn't be threats of beatings from the nuns! (We aren't Catholic, but my nuckles stung for a moment, anyway!):scream:
Auto-FX and Signmeup - Grandma said if you can't play together nice, you can't play together at all!! :ROFLMAO:
OK - On many suggestions, I made the gray area a little larger and put a white background behind the yellow star. I understand the Kerning comment, however...I confess I don't know how to fix it. Part of the learning curve.
New version is attached. :thankyou:

Attachments

• Banner 4.jpg
    Banner 4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

signmeup

I still think you should make Cantata bigger but hey if you're happy....
I'm not familiar with your software for the kerning. Best I can do is suggest you click the help button.

Auto and I are going out behind the wood shed to settle our differences....... Hey... Auto!! Go cut me a switch!

One last suggestion:

Attachments

• Catatatattat.jpg
    Catatatattat.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80

hightop

Yep, I reposted with the right one. No help for kerning in the software.

...behind the woodshed! FUNNY!! :)

Bigdawg

Just Me
keeping it to two color vinyl...

the gray just doesn't say Christmas Cantata to me...

blue and yellow (or gold) have a more royal feeling to it IMHO.

and you should capitalize all the words in the title too.

Attachments

• Banner-myspin.jpg
    Banner-myspin.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 96

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking more along these lines.............

Christ IS COME.jpg

I couldn't get the same weight for 'IS', but I think you get the general drift.

Tiki

Font Sage
Purple Background with white copy would stand out better

Attachments

• 8c74371b9c2367e391693bf7175b3917.jpg
    8c74371b9c2367e391693bf7175b3917.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 81