• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Billboard design feed back ASAP!!

tsgstl

Not that I think it is the case but if it is... My advice was totally free, if it helps your decision in anyway thats totally cool.

After seeing everyone bash your idea for using a billboard it was the first thing that popped in my head. I think its cool to get a billboard and it sounds reasonable. I wrapped a PT for my landlord (heating and cooling) and he put it real big on a billboard. They gave him a nice scale model of the actual billboard and it sits in his lobby. I think its one more thing you can look back and be proud of how far you have come.

The "don't waste money on a billboard" thing is really clever but it does send mixed messages to a customer that is calling you because of that decision you made. And I wonder if the billboard company would even go for it. And I could be totally off the wall but I still think letting clients know you are local in some way is beneficial to. Maybe a really small thin banner across the bottom giving directions to your shop or a phone number to state your area code.

None the less good luck man I wish I had the extra dough for a nice billboard ad.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Customers would ask. Then why do you have one?

My concerns as well.

Degrading billboards while spending thousands on one seems weird. If I were a small business guy deciding between a billboard and a wrap, that might make me go with the billboard. If the guy that does wraps thinks a billboard is the way to go...

laserman70

If they call you it was effective.
Hard to say it doesnt work, dont spend your money on it.
When they got your number off of a billboard.
I like how sar worded it.

HulkSmash

Update

Less text.

thanks for all the suggestions. Thoughts on these new ones?

Attachments

• bill2.jpg
    bill2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 99

Fitch

There is an argument for "Don't waste money on a billboard. You already drive on "

On a billboard.............WTF?

Do as I say not as I do?

I think signs should be simple:

"I'm stuck here.... but your'e sitting in a moving billboard. coloradosigns.com"

Simple. Fast. Effective.

HulkSmash

There is an argument for "Don't waste money on a billboard. You already drive on "

On a billboard.............WTF?

Do as I say not as I do?

I think signs should be simple:

"I'm stuck here.... but your'e sitting in a moving billboard. coloradosigns.com"

Simple. Fast. Effective.

OH. i LIKE.

HulkSmash

Top one = MUCH better ... How about caption:

Save $$$ on Billboard
DRIVE ONE

i had something like that, but instead of trying to be smart or...whitty i went with the positive attributes - standout, increase sales.

I'd say about 35% of people are slower then average, and need things spelled out.

sar bossier

i had something like that, but instead of trying to be smart or...whitty i went with the positive attributes - standout, increase sales.

I'd say about 35% of people are slower then average, and need things spelled out.

EXACTLY ... Dollar symbols grab attention, too!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Only my opinion, but people only read what they're interested in or the easiest thing around to read. Anything else is gonna be lost.

I think you're giving Joe PublicK too much credit for understanding your thinking process and for the most art, your advertisement is gonna be lost on the vast majority.

If you want to sell a restaurant on a wrap.... you don't tell people to come here and let us do your cooking while you wait. You find one or two of the most familiar items on your menu and let the pictures and the words luscious, scrumptious or mouth-watering do your work for you. You make eye appeal. You only have between 2 and 3 seconds for the average person to comprehend your whole message and digest it [pun intended].

You're not going to say for a succulent hot steak, cum to me and we'll get it on for you in our kitchen. Too much gets lost in the translation and the mind's eye moves onto a more pleasant billboard or watch the car in front cutting you off.

Remember K.I.S.S.

We're always so into what we want to convey and be clever, that we sometimes forget to step outside of out bodies and treat it like a common person, who doesn't know the catch phrases or the trade lingo. You're not trying to be neat to your friends... you're trying to cultivate the many who aren't using you, yet. Be patient and cultivate your potential clients..... it'll pay off.

If you're doing this billboard campaign, I'd run some radio spots along with some clipper ads or newspaper advertisements at the same time and use some of your catchy thoughts there and enforce them with name and reputation repetition.