• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Up Date on OP . We WOULD miss you.

John L

Really, really sad to hear. God bless your soul Joe. Prayers for strength for the family to cope with their loss.

Colin

Gah. I just found this thread now. It is indeed a sad, hollow feeling when we lose someone we know, even if we never actually met, and thousands of miles apart. I'm glad you were born Old Paint, and our lives were daubed with your own particular color. Thanks for being "you".

sniff

kstompaint

I'll miss the spirited debates in NHB, they will definitely not be the same. The world and this site were definitely better off thanks to Joe. RIP, brother.

Flame

O snap...guys he's not gone yet. I heard word from a friend he's actually awake right now...

iSign

re-reading what techman posted from Joe's sister in law:

Got a call from Hennie little while ago, Dr. said only thing keeping him alive is machines, so she'll probably make decision to disconnect...
I just read this on Joe's FB page 50 minutes ago, from Robin Booker McSweeney:

AMAZING NEWS! (for right now) Joe is awake and alert enough to get excited when he saw "everybody"(guess they relaxed the 2 people rule sine "he's dying"). When Nurse swabbed his mouth with sponge, he used his arm/hand to indicate he wanted more!! Nurse did caution them not to get too hopefull, optimistic,etc.

Ok, thats the brain part. Nurse said IF, and still a HUGE IF, he pulls through this, no way to know extent of physical damage yet!
and this from Sunny Booker:

First of all, Robin THANK YOU SO MUCH for copying/re-pasting this...

Now, re physical part: NO WAY to know how severe heart damage is,how, IF he pulls through this, he could, worst case scenario "be in a wheelchair for rest of his life", t'know? And - ya' know what else: if he pulls thru this,there is going to be HELL TO PAY for all of us who had him "dead and buried". Well, that was the blankin' DOCTORS:) I'll take the hell from Hosey, won't y'all?LOL. Switch prayers back to JOE and Hennie!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Weird, this morning when I posted all of my words were in the past tense as if he was already gone. Shortly after, I thought that this was wrong and edited it to remove those words hoping he would pull through

yukon

Even though I never met Old Paint, I always enjoyed his posts and humor. Hate to offer condolences now while OP is still fighting - hope he pulls through against all odds. OP, you've touched all of us here on Signs101...

Yukon

TheSellOut

My Facebook post this morning, before seeing the news on OP, was

"May this week be filled with great news for everyone"

due to a lot of bad health issues that have been going on within my family and friends families!

God, I hope for you OP that pulling through this is that great news for you, yours, and us 101ers, who care so much about you!

hightop

Edit original post with OPTIMISM!!

"Like the ripples in a pond, the work of one man can spread out and touch the lives of many others."
Deepest condolences to OP's family and friends.

Change "condolences" to "PRAYERS" and add "for OP's speedy recovery". The rest of the quote remains true!! He has truly touched the lives of many others! Lots of folks are rooting for you OP!!

gabagoo

Wow a little shocked here..... I am so sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed reading his re torts and political commentary. Rest in peace friend.